Discussion "Obsidian Flames" Partial Set List

If there supposedly is 15+ Trainers, and the last card is at 197, I think one of the Lechonks and Oinkolognes have to be cut
I think you're right. I omitted the Lechonk line from the starter decks and keep the main set one due to the fact that the IR exists and commonly 2 Basic prints in every main set.

Once the Ruler of the Black Flame set has been fully revealed, we can fill out the set list, and then predict the cards that we think will be cut from the set.

I doubt they will make a way for Cleffa or any other Baby Pokemon to evolve. It serves very little inherent gameplay purpose (though of course they CAN design the cards in such a way to give it a purpose if they want to) and they haven't bothered doing such a thing since before HGSS. If they wanted to do it, they could have simply put "Evolves into" text on the Cleffa like they did with the Fossils. Yes, it bugs me that the Baby Pokemon haven't been able to evolve since HGSS, I don't like it, but it just doesn't seem to be something Creatures (or anyone else in charge) cares about, and I admit that it's not at all necessary from a gameplay perspective.

Are the trainer counts ever right in the PR blurb? I know the last one was wrong according to JustinBasil.

There aren't even 15+ trainers available for this set to have.

Just posting this, as I believe this makes sense:
210.vesp
211.eiscue
212.tyran
213.glimmora
214.zard
215.absol
216.reva
217.pidgeot
218.geeta
219.ortega
220.poppy

That would be 12 full arts, 8 mon, 4 trainer with Ryme taking 221 obviously.

Also, based on my discord discussion, the final SIR at 222 will be either Eiscue EX, Tyranitar EX, Vespinquen EX or Glimmora EX with the bolded options being more likely due to A) theme or B) popularity.

Just posting this, as I believe this makes sense:
210.vesp
211.eiscue
212.tyran
213.glimmora
214.zard
215.absol
216.reva
217.pidgeot
218.geeta
219.ortega
220.poppy

That would be 12 full arts, 8 mon, 4 trainer with Ryme taking 221 obviously.

Also, based on my discord discussion, the final SIR at 222 will be either Eiscue EX, Tyranitar EX, Vespinquen EX or Glimmora EX with the bolded options being more likely due to A) theme or B) popularity.
Wait. You have Discord and having convos?

Thanks for the info btw.

Also iirc, Vespiquen is an altered type Tera ex so it isn't grass type. Maybe Fighting

Wait. You have Discord and having convos?

Thanks for the info btw.

Also iirc, Vespiquen is an altered type Tera ex so it isn't grass type. Maybe Fighting

Fighting still comes before Darkness so in theory it can still get in. Everything is crazy out of whack thanks to SIR Dark Zard being a thing. But it's position would be swapped obviously to make a change for fighting type.

One speculation I have is that 198 and 199 will be charmander and charmeleon OR combee and charmeleon as we have a charmander promo which would put more emphasis on vespiquen getting the final sir slot., just not sure what would go between palafin and cleffa.

Last edited:
Hold up! Was my eyes deceiving me, or did I just see Eternatus in that partial set list?!
Just an assumption because iirc, the only basic dragon past Drampa are Guzzlord, Duraludon, Eternatus, Regidrago, Cyclizar, Tatsugiri, Moon, box arts, and Wake. It doesn't make sense to put a Paradox mon, a UB, and a Legendary. But Duraludon Cyclizar, Tatsugiri might be a good candidate. I just put Etern as a placeholder.

One thing I can't quite think of is, so far, TRIO AR/SIR cards tend to have the same artist and that would rule out the charmander line since the promo has a different artist to the SIR zard. That being said, SIR zard is also the first tera SIR so who knows :I Guess we will find out soon considering the date.

This is where I think we are at for art rares:
198.charmander? combee? scyther?
199.charmeleon?
200.palafin
202.cleffa
204.houndour
205.scizor
206.varoom
207.pidgey
208.pidgeotto
209.lechonk

EDIT**
Fixed houndour from 203 to 204, since JP set shows it is right before scizor.

EDIT2**
Palafin confirmed 200.

Last edited:
If I've memorised the sets correctly, we should get the full set list for Ruler of the Black Flame this Friday coming, and the Partial Set List will be completed.

Kangaskhan ex hasn't been cut for Scarlet and Violet 151, are you sure the Greninja ex in question an alternative art version of Greninja ex?

Back