Ruling Ninetails HGSS "Roast Reveal" question.

Rikko145

I put the "laughter" in "slaughter&
If I Power Spray a Ninetales HGSS's "Roast Reveal" Poke'Power, does my opponent still have to discard their fire energy?

I cannot find an official ruling on this, nor can I find a Power Spray or Power Cancel ruling that would offer some clues here, so here are my thoughts. I believe the effect of discarding the {R} energy would be an effect of the POWER that this card would negate. The wording on Ninetale's Poké-POWER is different from the mandatory conditional card texts like Electivire FB LV. X's "Energy Recycle", which states that if you use that POWER, your turn ends.

Just my thoughts, though. What do the other professors think?

Turn-ending powers are the only powers that have any other effect at all if they are Power Sprayed, and that is only because of an errata.

I believe that unless there is some sort of errata on a particular power, Power Spray negates everything about that use of the power. Therefore I would rule that you do not need to discard the Fire Energy if Roast Reveal is sprayed.

If Roast Reveal was used by Player A, and Player B used a Power Spray to stop the power, then Player A has to show Player B the fire energy that he or she would have discarded. This came up at Nationals, when people were using the power to draw out the Sprays of SP players.

Back