Pokemon Nicknames

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
What is your funniest or most original nickname for a pokemon that you have caught?
mine was naming ho-oh, ho-mo....lame, huh?

I don't know why, but when I got Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Blue, I had the odd impulse to name the Pokemon after people names.

Beware the Pikachu named Kevin, and the Rattata named TODD!

Also, I caught a Drowzee on Leafgreen, and I called it Fatzee

Snubbles data says that girls think its cute. honestly, snubble is ugly, and thats exactly what i named it. :] UGLY

Well, the first time I played Red, I nicknamed Drowzee Mr. Sandman. Not as cheesy as some of the other stuff here but...idk, it was cheesy to me. Especially since it was in upper and lower case and looked so awkward and long. You know how all the Pokemon's names are in all CAPS for some reason? When spelling a name properly it looks weird iin the game o_O

I named my Charizard SOMULO, after this decreipt zombie dragon from an obscure SNES game called Demon's Crest. Well, it was a normal looking dragon at first, so I guess that name wasn't TOO bad.

The one nickname I did like and would probably even use again is calling my Clampearl/Gorebyss Demarina. There was this obscure Genesis game I saw in a magazine called Gaiares or something. And it had this giant robot clam that turned into a giant robot mermaid. So I thought that was a perfect name for her <3

Other then that I just use nicknames when I hate the English name but like the Japanese name. Shifty=Daatengu, Vespiquen=Beequeen, ect. Actually, before I knew Shifty's name was Daatengu, i just named it TENGU, because it's based off a Japanese mythological creature called a Tengu.

I don't like to give nicknames to the Pokémon I catch... I don't see what's the point of it, I mean, I prefer to call them by their official name...

Metalizard said:
I don't like to give nicknames to the Pokémon I catch... I don't see what's the point of it, I mean, I prefer to call them by their official name...

It gives them more personality and makes them feel more your own. At least to me it does.

Metalizard said:

I feel the same way, those examples I gave were the only times I've ever done nicknames (and 2 were in my noob days)

Basically I only do nicknames now if I like the Jap names better, which still counts as an official name, or if I can come up with something REALLY clever and obscure.

I've only nicknamed my Pokemon in my Nuzlocke challenges in a few games, and most of them are highly inappropriate but funny. :3

dmaster out.

I call my Ampharos Cirno.

Cookie for reference?

Also in Animal Crossing (GC) my cousins suggested I name it ~Mudkip~, I did.

I like to give my Pokemon names that are human, but ones uncommon enough to not sound unoriginal and unfitting.

Uncommon names like Dane, Imogen, Leo, Celeste, Flo, and Lydia are ones you'd see in my PC Boxes.

Shoot a lot of these are names I'd probably give my ki---POKEMON HAVE FEELINGS TOO

The only good nickname I have ever come up with is Fastpoke the Slowpoke. He was indeed fast for a Slowpoke :]

Back