New 'V-UNION' Trademark Filed for the Pokemon TCG!

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
Do you mean Shadow Ryder Calyrex? Accelerate the energy, the same accelerated energy boost the attack so its quite damage booster, just change the energy switcher for Draw Power and its pretty much the same thing you mentioned, at least these Monsters are a little bit more hard to get in the field and just one, while Calyrex can be an entire army of 4 in the field

Well no, not really, i just gave these abilities as an example because i was shocked by the fact that a single Pokemon has 3 abilities, but i guess calyrex is similar in one way or another lol

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Exactly what NicoNoo says. I don't think you even need to bother with Peonia. Some part or more are prized? As long as they're part of a deck that functions by itself and just use them a one-time/endgame trump card I don't think it matters at all. Just take some prizes and you might get the pieces you lack. Or yes, play Peonia if your deck can afford to.

In any case, it's fair that they're difficult to put into play: they're really powerful. And even if they end up being uplayable, well, at least they tried something different.

Hukutus

GLC Enthusiast
Damn, Professor Burnet is bad. Using a supporter to discard only two cards doesn't feel at all like it's worth it, even with the new V-Union mechanic.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with a lot of people's opinions here. 4 are too much. If you have all 4 and put them into a binder, that will look good. But as soon as you have less than 4, it looks bad. I would have preferred to have 2 parts over 4.
Playing them is another thing too. I don't think it will work well, but that is not the worst, if it only lasts for 2-3 sets and for once it is more about collecting.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
In standard I have not a lot of hope. In expanded I can already see some degenerate plays if battle compressor isn't banned. Something like this Zacian + metal link bronzong or Magnezone + full heal looks super fun and broken.

On a sidenote, if all 4 parts of the card share the same name Familiar Bell can be a good choice to search the parts right?

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
It's a little repetitive, and not needing to evolve (and boosted numbers) feels like notable power creep, but I honestly love LEGENDs and was kind of hoping we'd get something similar. This is pretty cool (and undboubtedly chaotic).

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
....OH

I knew I wasn't crazy! I was about to comment on how odd it is that they'd waste Zacian V-UNION on such a bland card (since the nature of the mechanic prevents having more than one per Pokemon), but then I remembered back to the reveal where it looked like there was a card featuring both dogs. I think there's gonna be a Zacian & Zamazenta V-UNION card at some point.

On another note, the Mewtwo might be worth including in Shadow Rider if there's space.

Also, in the extremely unlikely event that Compressor doesn't get banned, I'm running that Greninja in a baby Lele deck. Hehehehe

Last edited:

fleshrum

Cephalophore
this is a new low. a recycled idea but executed in an even less balanced, less appealing, less manageable, less aesthetically pleasing way.

to say nothing of all this talk of banning compressor in expanded. I think I'd stop playing the ladder altogether and just lean even harder into legacy and homebrew formats.

sad days.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
One thing I think they should have done is make it so they go to the Lost Zone when KO'd just to make it extra clear that they're gone.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
"During your opponent’s next turn, attacks from the Defending Pokemon do 150 less damage."
Uhhhh m8?

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
Having ultra rares you can’t use would be a bit annoying especially if you had 3/4

Yeah, but at least you only need 1 of each card instead of getting 4 of one card. Because of this, it's basically the same if you want a play-set of them. Of course you don't have to have a play-set of any other card to play it though, so V-Union will still be more annoying to collect as a player.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
"A V-UNION Pokemon can only be played to your Bench when all four cards are in your discard pile."

Can someone explain this to me?

Does this mean I have to have 4 bench spaces open to play these cards?

Or just 1 bench space and stack them all together?

How does the active work?

The board will just look like a huge clunky mess either way lol

The Fish

0.o
"A V-UNION Pokemon can only be played to your Bench when all four cards are in your discard pile."

Can someone explain this to me?

Does this mean I have to have 4 bench spaces open to play these cards?

Or just 1 bench space and stack them all together?

How does the active work?

The board will just look like a huge clunky mess either way lol
1 bench space I think. The 4 corners combine to make 1 Pokemon