New pokemon type ideas

Kaishu

Amishu! <3
I think it would be interesting to see a luck/fortune type. All of the earthly elements are embodied in the current types but things like luck and fortune and blessings would make for an interesting legendary.

PokeChamp

Aspiring Trainer
I'd like to see Heavenly Pokemon. I think that would be cool. They could be legendaries, or something. An additional type that is somewhat cool wouldn't hurt. :p

Kaishu

Amishu! <3
PokeChamp said:
I'd like to see Heavenly Pokemon. I think that would be cool. They could be legendaries, or something. An additional type that is somewhat cool wouldn't hurt. :p

Yeah, that's actually where I was going with mine. When something good happens people call it God's blessing or whatever. So that's what I had in mind.

I mean, besides there's the dark type, it would only make sense to have a contradicting type.

Bane

I'm tasteless ): <
PokeChamp said:

It would be nice if they changed the type "Light" in Japan to something that makes sense...you know "psychic"? Like it is here? So you don't have a bunch of evil freaky things with the powers to kill people with mind waves being called "light". Not only that, with a weakness to dark, it doesn't make sense o-O The light from the sun over comes the darkness of the universe, not that the darkness blots out the sun.

I've always dreamed of a type like what you said though XD

apophys

This sentence is false.
I think a separate "light" type makes sense; I'd like that implemented.

But I think it hasn't been done already because they'd have to tread carefully, or it could spark a religious controversy.

The psychic type is called "light" in Japan? o_O

cheetor586

Don't rip... period
Um, I believe that only types of Pokemon from the games should have types reflected in the cards, so that leaves Ice, Dragon, Flying, Poison, Bug, and a bunch of others I don't feel like naming. I'd love to see an Ice type energy and stuff, that would be sweet.

J

Juliacoolo

I think poison is most needed. The poison cards are always rather grass, or psychic. Neither have much to do with poisin. The problem is that all the basic colors are already taken up. A pink energy would be cool.

reclaimer94

Grass Pokemon Master
i im on the fense weither i think we should have more types, but i guess it reduces type-trumping strategies and offers more spread it

i think it should be dragon, but it was purple in the games (i think) so i guess pink is the only color left i can think of

or bug/poison.. those could be cool

revdjweb

Aspiring Trainer
dragon really should have its own type. only some have anything to do with flying and it has really nothing to do with other normal types.

Medaforcer

Professor Medaforcer
A lot of the types left would have very little effect on the game. Especially dragon. It only hits itself.

Poison wouldn't really add much either. It hits grass for weakness and that is already pretty much filled up by fire.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Juliacoolo said:
I think poison is most needed. The poison cards are always rather grass, or psychic. Neither have much to do with poisin. The problem is that all the basic colors are already taken up. A pink energy would be cool.

What about orange?

aishen

Look who's back!
i would love it if they separate the ice from water and poison to psychic .. lol then what would the energy card look like ?

Kaishu

Amishu! <3
Haha, silly me. I hadn't realized what section of the forums this was under. Actually, I think the way they have the types set up for the TCG game flows pretty well as is. I was referring to a type I would like to see in the video games. xP

Bane

I'm tasteless ): <
Honestly, I really do think the only types that need to be seperated are Poison and Bug. They take up way too much space together with the other types their attached to, so they should have their own combined type, maybe?

hockeygirl7733

Afternoon.
cheetor586 said:
Um, I believe that only types of Pokemon from the games should have types reflected in the cards, so that leaves Ice, Dragon, Flying, Poison, Bug, and a bunch of others I don't feel like naming. I'd love to see an Ice type energy and stuff, that would be sweet.

I agree with you. a ice type, with possibly a flying type. Litreally, they stick most of the flying pokemon in the collerless type.

The Reaver

Speed Mode
Actually, the only thing that doesn't make sense is Poison and maybe Flying. Other than that, everything pretty much makes sense in context if you think about it. (Bug and Grass are both from nature; Psychic and Ghost have supernatural powers; Ice and Water are... well, ice is solid water)

As for the question of how a Poison energy would look, well, how about just a skull? Similar to the thing they put on the Poison markers that come with preconstructed decks. A Flying energy would just be a feather or wing.

Separating Dragon would have very little impact on the game, as said before.

Dances with Ninjas

Aspiring Trainer
TCG: Any type that accounts for more than two (game) types (Grass, Fighting, Psychic) should be split up.
Game: Something with Dragon resistance (Steel isn't cutting it).

aishen

Look who's back!
i think its just fine that they made it that way .. not separating bug from grass , ice to water , posion to psychic , dragon to flying etc .. coz IMO they will get double weakness i.e a grass one will be having three weakness if that happens .. it's weakness would be fire, ice, flying so yeah.. i guess its better that they didnt separate it