'New Pokemon Snap' Sequel, 'Pokemon Cafe Mix,' 'Pokemon Smile' Announced!

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
POKEMON SNAP AHHHHH

For the other announcement next month, what do we think the probability is for actual Gen 4 remakes? I'd expect it to be a pretty Big game announcement and not spin-off related at the very least.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
New Pokémon Snap was not on my bingo card.

Also wouldn’t mind a new Pokémon Pinball.

Babywinds

Aspiring Trainer
POKEMON SNAP AHHHHH

For the other announcement next month, what do we think the probability is for actual Gen 4 remakes? I'd expect it to be a pretty Big game announcement and not spin-off related at the very least.
Highly unlikely.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
POKEMON SNAP AHHHHH

I feel like the DLC is being used as the main attraction for 2020 (in the reveal vid it felt heavily implied that they were giving DLC for the regular game rather than a third version), so I'd imagine that if we are getting D/P remakes they'd be 2021. If that is the case - then this is far too early to reveal them.

edit: more thoughts on next weeks announcement

However - for a big announcement I don't think it would just be a spinoff, unless said spinoff was something with an insanely big fan demand, but from what I've seen (which is admittedly limited) I don't think there's anything with that level of demand.
For something that's got a whole presentation for the reveal, I feel like it has to be a mainline game. Even though I said above I don't think we'd get D/P remakes until next year, I wonder if I might have been wrong. I wouldn't have expected them to be pushing another game out before both parts of the DLC for SwSh were out, but I'm kind of doubting that now.
I said it above, the DLC announcement heavily implied that the DLC was being done as a replacement for a third game, so I feel like that pretty much crosses any enhanced SwSh games off the list. Plus it makes no sense to me as to why they'd put out DLC for games if they were already planning enhanced versions (the newer ones would have to be drastically different to be worth it). although watch me be wrong now I've said that

Also, there's the important matter of the Johto mons in the background during the presentation. Looking at it now, I can see the starters (well Meganium isn't actually visible but I can't see them only putting two of them there), legendaries, Sudowoodo, Ampharos and Politoed. Plus, the Eevee in front of the LGE package has Espeon and Umbreon with it. Normally I don't read too much into these things, but they can be crafty with these little hints. Even though it was said in October I believe that GF aren't planning any more Let's Go games, I wonder if that was intentional to throw us off.
There's also the dark Pikachu which I don't recognise from anywhere. Unless it's just there for aesthetic purposes, maybe that has something to do with it as well.

Now I've written that last paragraph, I think I'm about 70% sure we're getting new games either set in Johto or heavily featuring Johto Pokemon.

Last edited:

Master_Z

Zach Carmichael
POKEMON SNAP AHHHHH

99% chance it's Let's Go Espeon and Umbreon. The Pokemon Company is notorious for hints in the background while Ishihara talks. Too many Johto Pokemon to be a coincidence, but the big giveaway is the Let's Go Switch bundle with Espeon and Umbreon in front.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Pokémon Snap has to be my favorite spin-off game, so I was pleasantly surprised when they showed New Pokémon Snap. A long-overdue dream come true!

Last edited:

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
After we didn't get it for the Wii U I was convinced that we were never going to get another Snap game. Snap was one of my favorite games as a kid and I remember those kiosks at Blockbuster (yes I am old). Outside of the Gen 4 remakes, this was the best possible game they could have announced.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
My bet for next week is not Pokémon Sleep, but Pokkén Tournament 2!
There has already been a Pokken Tournament on the Switch (Pokken Tournament DX), but considering it was a great success, I wouldn't be surprised if there was going to be a second game on the same console.

I wasn't around to be able to experience the second Snap game as a form of nostalgia, but I think I might still get it as it will probably have a lot of Pokes to take pictures of.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I cannot fathom why they keep using the baffling, disastrous and confusing "New" prefix for things.

New Super Mario Bros, for example. And the worst offender: New 3DS.

How hard was it to just call it Pokemon Snap 2? Or Pokemon Snap Switch? What happens when they release "Pokemon Snap 3" for the next console, etc etc the list of problems continues? It's just flabbergasting. They need to fire the everyone in Marketing who thinks "New ________" is a good way to name sequels and upgrades. It's simply not.

Criticism of the name aside, I'm extremely hyped for this game and it gives me shivers to think about what it would be like for the main series to look more like Pokemon Snap. *swoons*

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
I cannot fathom why they keep using the baffling, disastrous and confusing "New" prefix for things.

New Super Mario Bros, for example. And the worst offender: New 3DS.

How hard was it to just call it Pokemon Snap 2? Or Pokemon Snap Switch? What happens when they release "Pokemon Snap 3" for the next console, etc etc the list of problems continues? It's just flabbergasting. They need to fire the everyone in Marketing who thinks "New ________" is a good way to name sequels and upgrades. It's simply not.

Criticism of the name aside, I'm extremely hyped for this game and it gives me shivers to think about what it would be like for the main series to look more like Pokemon Snap. *swoons*

I know nobody's gonna click on this, so I'm changing it. Let me know if you found my easter egg! Mwahahahahaha!
Oh, do I ever agree with you about the "New" prefix, as it doesn't really add anything, and it will be outdated in a few years, invalidating the "New".

I realize that the prefix is supposed to indicate an evolution in a series. It would have been weird for there to be Mario 1-8 all being named Super Mario Bros. 1, Super Mario Bros. 2, etc, but it doesn't really fit with something that hasn't had multiple entries (ie, 3DS, Pokemon Snap).

Still hyped for New Pokemon Snap tho

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
I've searched hard for news in this, but haven't seen anything official yet. There's a Pokemon FB group page I follow, and there's a rumor that Mitsuhiro Arita has been hospitalized. I want to verify first. I want to verify before eBay sellers price gouge the hell out of his autograph cards.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I've searched hard for news in this, but haven't seen anything official yet. There's a Pokemon FB group page I follow, and there's a rumor that Mitsuhiro Arita has been hospitalized. I want to verify first. I want to verify before eBay sellers price gouge the hell out of his autograph cards.
What

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think it's true because there is still nothing on it yet, and I'm sure reporters would have jumped on that ASAP. It still could be, but my guess is that it's just a rumour.

(stock up on Mitsuhiro Arita's signed cards just in case though)
Exactly my first reaction

Last edited: