ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Galaxy Hunter said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Mega Gallade is hardly a surprise when you consider how boring it would be if Wally used the exact same Mega as Diantha.

And it's nice that he gets Mega Gallade, which also confirms a much-expanded Hoenn Pokédex this time around.

No it doesn't. We already knew Gallade was in when they revealed Phoebe's main was Dusknoir. Also, the dex numbers we've seen imply that it's just going to be the 9 cross gen evos + probably Regigigas. Hardly a "much expanded" Hoenn Dex, it's practically the same as the originals.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Galaxy Hunter said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Mega Gallade is hardly a surprise when you consider how boring it would be if Wally used the exact same Mega as Diantha.

And it's nice that he gets Mega Gallade, which also confirms a much-expanded Hoenn Pokédex this time around.

screenshots have proven that the only 'new' Pokemon in the Hoenn dex are pre/evolutions from the 4th gen
(meaning Budew, Roserade, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rhyperior, Chingling, Probopass and Magnezone)

Really hoping that we get Megas for the above Pokemon, particularly Roserade, Rhyperior and Magnezone.

edit: greninja'd by Bolt

His Goominess said:
Galaxy Hunter said:

screenshots have proven that the only 'new' Pokemon in the Hoenn dex are pre/evolutions from the 4th gen
(meaning Budew, Roserade, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rhyperior, Chingling, Probopass and Magnezone)

Really hoping that we get Megas for the above Pokemon, particularly Roserade, Rhyperior and Magnezone.

edit: greninja'd by Bolt

heck yeah, half of the megas existing right now are gen 3, we could use either of those (or machamp and golem to finish the trade-evo-quartet)

but still waiting for ANY ICE MEGA.

Walrein, Glalie, Vanilluxe, Mamoswine, Froslass.....heck Jynx or at least something <_<

Remember this thread is for your hopes and expectations. You can use the relevant news thread to discuss Gallade and the other new confirmed Mega Pokémon.

This has probably been said so many times already it's sad, but I'm just hoping for a Mega Flygon at this point. He is by far one of my favorite dragons, and I miss the old days when he was OU back in gen 4. It made me happy that an otherwise mediocre Pokemon could be competitive because of it's ability and typing, and the fact that it was awesome in game as well was a bonus. Looking forward to using him in ORAS regardless, gonna be grinding Trapinch for hours : /

Me personally as a fanboy there are only two Megas that I want to see, those being Mega Golduck(Water/Psychic) with Adaptability and Mega Rapidash(Fire/Flying) or (Fire/Fairy) either way I want my Pegasus with flaming wings. I don't know what ability you could give it but I want these two the most.

43 Megas so far, (45 if KyoGro count.)

XY +28
ORAS +17 (incl Latis and Primals here)

so ~11 more might not be surprising.

gen 1 (151) = 11 +2 (8.6%)
gen 2 (100) = 5 +0 (5%)
gen 3 (135) = 16 +4 (14.8%)
gen 4 (107) = 5 +0 (4.6%)
gen 5 (156) = 1 +0 (0.6%)
gen 6 (67) = 0 +1 (1.5%)

gen 3 is ahead of everything else by now, in number and in percentage.. and might go even further o_o
but it's weird, with there being 2 gens that have more pokemon.

gen 1, even though it has the second most, it still has TONS of pokes to mega evolve.
Golem and Machamp come to mind first,
then there is Dragonite
and Raichu seeing it's the evo of the franchise mascot,
then there is the typical full-growns like Nidos, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Vileplume, Clefable, Lapras, Snorlax
and plenty of weaker and forgotten ones that would love a spotlight, like Primeape, Weezing, Golduck, Starmie etc.

gen 2 doesn't has way less with mega potential,
apart from the starters of course,
the most obvious choices are all evolutions of gen1 anyway, like Crobat, Steelix, Slowking, Kingdra, Blissey..
but there is some casuals left too, like Donphan, Skarmory, Forretress, Octilerry, Jumpluff...Sunflora?
Ooooh, lets not forget Azumarill LOL

gen 4 too barely has any of it's native lines, but quite intruiging ones to do:
starters again...
Luxray, Drapion, Drifblim, Hippowdown..Bronzong?
But tons of the evolutions, of which there were many already kind of like Megas
Rhyperior, Magnezone, Electivire, Magmortar, Mamoswine, Gliscor, Weavile, Yanmega, Porygon, Froslass, Dusknoir and so on

gen 5... oh my god.
this one has 156 well rounded pokemon that are capable to be a standalone region!
There is so much with mega-potential here, I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just make some subjective quick picks (starters are self-explanatory):
Excadrill, Zoroark, Vanilluxe, Reuniclus, Volcarona, Klinklang, Chandelure, Haxorus, Hydreigon....

gen 6, not much, and we should see a focus on these come XY-sequels as soon as after ORAS anyway, starters obviously, but not much else left.
Florges, Goodra, Noivern, Avalugg, Hawlucha, Malamar, Clawitzer...

And as for any more gen 3 that we might see soon anyway, there is surprisingly still plenty guys left that everyone wants to see, namely Flygon and Milotic, Shiftry/Ludicolo...
I personally think Walrein deserves one if Aggron did.
Another I haven't heard mentioned yet: Claydol

There REALLY needs to be a Mega Flygon since it is my third favourite Pokémon. How could they give Salamance one, but not Flygon!?! I would also like to see a Mega Roserade, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. :p

Pangoro#1999 said:
Gen 2 Needs some megas and i want gamefreak to have some gen 4 megas left for the DP remakes.

I agree gen 2 needs at least two Megas, and there is a thing that I think it's really interesting in the trailer (or maybe I'm just making things up) but when you look at the dolls the character has in his secret base you can see that, we have some dolls of the final starters of kanto and we have dolls of the base form starters of hoen and johto that can gives us a hint we are getting this staters on the game at some point and maybe one of them or all of them are going to receive a mega evolution, but as I previously said this is just a theory
Also I hope we get more gen 5 Megas like excaladril and galvantula :D

bbninjas said:
There REALLY needs to be a Mega Flygon since it is my third favourite Pokémon. How could they give Salamance one, but not Flygon!?! I would also like to see a Mega Roserade, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. :p

I don't really think Salamence having a Mega isn't really an indication of Flygon getting one.
They've only been counterparts like once in the tcg (and the tcg puts anything together as counterparts).

A more appropriate counterpart for Mega Salamence would easily be Mega Metagross, considering they're both the psuedo legends of Hoenn.

although I wouldn't mind a Mega Flygon xD

another Mega I wanna see:
Tropius.
Its in the 'could-evolve-again-but-probably-won't' group, yet a Mega would be a great way to give it a power boost which it could really do with.

I'd imagine it keeps Grass/Flying and would most likely keep either Solar Power or Chlorophyll.
(with a respectable boost in all its stats minus physical attack)

This are my hopes for these pokemon their megas. Slaking isn't really serious.
Mega Tropius grass/flying
Abilty: Gale wing
HP 99
Atk 68 -10= 58
Def 83 +20 = 103
Spa 72 + 45= 117
Sdef 87 +15 = 102
Spd 51 +20= 71

After mega evolution tropius wings grow larger enabling faster flight and a large increas of his special attack.

Mega flygon ground/dragon
Ability: Sand stream
HP 80
Atk 100 +40= 140
Def 80 +15= 95
Spa 80 +10= 90
Sdef 80 +15= 95
Spe 100 +20=120

Flygon is even more majestic after mega evolving. His attack increases.

Mega Slaking Normal
Ability: Huge power
Hp 150
Atk 160 +20= 180
Def 100+20= 120
Spa 95+20= 115
Sdef 65+20= 85
Spe 100+20= 120

Mega Slaking has gone from the worlds laziest pokemon to the most active pokemon afer his mega evolution. he get's a boost in all stats.

Ok so heres my take on a Mega Tropius
Mega Tropius
Grass
Regenerator
HP 99
Atk 68 -20= 48
Def 83 +40 = 123
Spa 72 + 20= 92
Sdef 87 +40 = 127
Spd 51 +20= 71

Basically turns it wall-esque with regenerator to aid hp loss (and it gets synthesis as well)
in an ideal world it could get something to counter its ice/fire weaknesses but the only thing would've been Thick Fat (which is already on another Grass Mega) and I can't really see it fitting Tropius.

For appearances, I had in mind a larger sauropod with Tropius' main colour scheme, but due to its larger body it can't fly anymore. Its leaves form a cloak-esque thing on its body, and on its back it has two banana tree leaves, each with banana bunches on them. It has a slightly larger bunch of bananas on its chin.

Pangoro#1999 said:
This are my hopes for these pokemon their megas. Slaking isn't really serious.
Mega Tropius grass/flying
Abilty: Gale wing
HP 99
Atk 68 -10= 58
Def 83 +20 = 103
Spa 72 + 45= 117
Sdef 87 +15 = 102
Spd 51 +20= 71

After mega evolution tropius wings grow larger enabling faster flight and a large increas of his special attack.

Mega flygon ground/dragon
Ability: Sand stream
HP 80
Atk 100 +40= 140
Def 80 +15= 95
Spa 80 +10= 90
Sdef 80 +15= 95
Spe 100 +20=120

Flygon is even more majestic after mega evolving. His attack increases.

Mega Slaking Normal
Ability: Huge power
Hp 150
Atk 160 +20= 180
Def 100+20= 120
Spa 95+20= 115
Sdef 65+20= 85
Spe 100+20= 120

Mega Slaking has gone from the worlds laziest pokemon to the most active pokemon afer his mega evolution. he get's a boost in all stats.
My thoughts on Mega Slaking: no.just....please,no.
some megas i want:

Mega Galvantula
Type: Electric/Dragon
Ability: new ability Generate (Like Pixilate,Refrigerate,etc. but for Electric moves.)
HP:70
Atk: 77
Def: 60---> 80
Sp.Atk: 97----> 137
Sp.Def: 60--->70
Speed: 108--->138
Design: He sprouts wings from his back,and he stands on 2 legs now, the front legs becoming clawed.
Mega Stone: Galvanite

Mega Heliolisk
Type:Normal
Ability: Forecast (sowwy castform)
HP:62
Atk:55-->65
Def:52--->72
Sp.Atk:109--->129
Sp.Def:94---->144
Speed:109
Design: Heliolisk's frill becomes a sombrero(in sun), a hood(in rain or sand), a snow hat(in hail) or being more visible and gaining eye patterns(none). Additinally, it will be Blue in hail,grey in no weather,brown in sand,red in sun and dark blue in rain.
Mega Stone: Heliolite

Mega Ursaring
Type:Normal/Dark
Abiity:new ability Revenger(gains Attack if a pokemon on your team is Fainted.)
HP:90
Atk:130--->170(200 with a Revenger boost)
Def:75--->95
Sp.Atk:75
Sp.Def:75--->115
Speed:55
Mega Stone:Ursarite

woohoo962 said:
Mega Galvantula
Type: Electric/Dragon
Ability: new ability Generate (Like Pixilate,Refrigerate,etc. but for Electric moves.)
HP:70
Atk: 77
Def: 60---> 80
Sp.Atk: 97----> 137
Sp.Def: 60--->70
Speed: 108--->138
Design: He sprouts wings from his back,and he stands on 2 legs now, the front legs becoming clawed.
Mega Stone: Galvanite

The other two I could kinda see happen (maybe not Forecast with Heliolisk), but this one just confuses me. Why would Galvantula become a Dragon-type when it learns no Dragon-type moves at all? Why (and how) does a tarantula become a dragon? Though I like the ability I think, if it would become a Dragon-type it should be a Dracolate instead of Generate. In my opinion, it's a good idea, just not for Galvantula.

A mega I would like to see is Mienshao
Here's an idea!

Mega Mienshao
Fighting
Ability: Moxie
HP: 65
Atk: 125 + 30 -> 155
Def: 60 + 10 -> 70
SpAtk: 95 + 35 -> 130
SpDef: 60 + 10 -> 70
Spe: 105 + 15 -> 120

I think Mega Mienshao should look even more graceful and elegant, but still a little more bulky. With a little bigger upper body, and a smaller neck. Maybe change the skin tone to an even lighter purple or white. I think it would make it look more graceful, and still give it kindoff a fighty look.

His Goominess said:
bbninjas said:

I don't really think Salamence having a Mega isn't really an indication of Flygon getting one.
They've only been counterparts like once in the tcg (and the tcg puts anything together as counterparts).

A more appropriate counterpart for Mega Salamence would easily be Mega Metagross, considering they're both the psuedo legends of Hoenn.

Tropius.
Its in the 'could-evolve-again-but-probably-won't' group, yet a Mega would be a great way to give it a power boost which it could really do with.

I'd imagine it keeps Grass/Flying and would most likely keep either Solar Power or Chlorophyll.

I don't know why you are talking about TCG for, but I think it seems like most Megas get a counterpart -
eg
Mawile vs Sableye
Sharpedo vs Camerupt
Latios vs Latias (duh)
Gardevoir vs Gallade
Pinsir vs Heracross
Genger vs Alakazam
As well as the starter groups.
Just to name a few :p

bbninjas said:
His Goominess said:

Tropius.

I don't know why you are talking about TCG for, but I think it seems like most Megas get a counterpart -
eg
Mawile vs Sableye
Sharpedo vs Camerupt
Latios vs Latias (duh)
Gardevoir vs Gallade
Pinsir vs Heracross
Genger vs Alakazam

thats not really what I was talking about.

Its that people keep on saying that Salamence and Flygon = counterparts = more likely that Mega Flygon happens
when Flygon and Salamence have only really been seen as counterparts in the tcg (and like once in the anime) and the tcg is not a reliable source for counterparts (it pretty much just takes two random things and sticks them together)

Salamence only really has Metagross as a counterpart (and thats mainly only due to both of them being psuedo legendaries) and that already has a Mega.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Mega Flygon, but I don't think Mega Salamence is any indication of it getting one.
(hell... we already have like 3 Dragon Megas for ORAS and thats not including Lati@s... I would prefer we didn't get anymore dragons)

His Goominess said:
bbninjas said:
eg
Mawile vs Sableye
Sharpedo vs Camerupt
Latios vs Latias (duh)
Gardevoir vs Gallade
Pinsir vs Heracross
Genger vs Alakazam

thats not really what I was talking about.

Its that people keep on saying that Salamence and Flygon = counterparts = more likely that Mega Flygon happens
when Flygon and Salamence have only really been seen as counterparts in the tcg (and like once in the anime) and the tcg is not a reliable source for counterparts (it pretty much just takes two random things and sticks them together)

Salamence only really has Metagross as a counterpart (and thats mainly only due to both of them being psuedo legendaries) and that already has a Mega.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Mega Flygon, but I don't think Mega Salamence is any indication of it getting one.
(hell... we already have like 3 Dragon Megas for ORAS and thats not including Lati@s... I would prefer we didn't get anymore dragons)

Oh I get it now 0.o Yeah, but, for me, it seems like it will become a Mega as most dragons have... but GF may have run dry. :p Oh, and I never based my counterpart on TCG :D

I'm just wondering how many more Mega Evolution are they going to introduce. It doesn't really matter which one is it. I'm contented now that we are going to have Mega Sceptile, which is all the means awesome and wonderful. :)

Back