News New Legendary Battle Decks in September!

Foil Energy Fans: Yay!
Trubbish reprints fans: (walk out)
VS Seeker "Seekers": It'll be rotated. What's the use?

I am speculating the Ho-oh deck is going to be some sort of Rainbow Road deck with Xerneas. I believe these decks are great for the younger crowd or those just learning. I mean, $20 isn't too bad to start to learn with.

I'm new to the Pokemon TCG. I was wondering if this means that the cards are going to be legal for Standard? Or if its only legal for Expanded. Thank you.

I'm new to the Pokemon TCG. I was wondering if this means that the cards are going to be legal for Standard? Or if its only legal for Expanded. Thank you.
Nope. These aren't reprints. The cards will have the set number and symbol of whatever set they were previously printed in.

Oh my god. The Ho-Oh deck is amazing.

Foil of several (each??) basic...

AND IT HAS SMEARGLE?!

Nice that the themes are Multicoloured and Colourless.

Guessing that the Ho-Oh deck is some combo of Skittles/Rainbow Road/Discard Pile Matters deck. In which case my predictions are:

BCR Vileplume
Could be any Cobalion...
FFI Dedenne
Could be any Druddigon...
BKT Meloetta
XY92 Sableye*
BKT Stunfisk
PLB Tropius
BKT Xerneas

And for Lugia:
DRX Blissey
AOR Golurk
PHF Girafarig (only expanded printing)
RSK Skarmory (only colourless printing)
BKT Cresselia (only expanded printing)
PLF Mr Mime (only psychic printing)
DRA Sigilyph (for Safeguard parity)
:/

*On the one hand, this is highly unlikely, on the other hand, it makes the most sense thematically.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd guess probably Noble Victories Cobalion (it's better in this deck than the Emerging Powers one, and the Steam Siege one uses 2 Metal Energy for its damaging attack, making it unlikely here IMO), Flashfire Druddigon (it's a card I could see warranting a reprint, and it's the only good Dragon-type one), Dark Explorers or Ancient Origins Sableye (it's going to be a Darkness one so they can keep the every type gimmick, but I could see either of these being valid, with Dark Explorers a tad more likely), and Dragons Exalted Stunfisk (this is the only Stunfisk that makes sense here IMO. It's Fighting-Type with a 1-energy attack, which fits in well here. I can't imagine them including both a Lightning Stunfisk and Dedenne. That being said, I don't know what prompted them to include this over something like Furious Fists Landorus aside from Stunfisk being the non-EX option popular in Vileplume decks of the time.)

And oh god, I feel sorry for the poor people that try and foil out their Metal or Fighting decks in BW-XY-style foil energy, considering this is the first place they've been obtainable.

Matt G. here. I bought the Ho-oh deck if anyone wanted specifics. There's no lightning holo energy, but the coin is apparently new.

Attachments

• Ho-oh Deck.jpg
    Ho-oh Deck.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 151
  • Ho-oh deck sheet 2.jpg
    Ho-oh deck sheet 2.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Lugia deck sheet 2.jpg
    Lugia deck sheet 2.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 94
Matt G. here. I bought the Ho-oh deck if anyone wanted specifics. There's no lightning holo energy, but the coin is apparently new.

Thank you!! :D

Now on the Lugia-EX deck... The Golurk is from Furious Fists, not the much better one from Ancient Origins.

Both of these cards have seen price spikes recently, due to expanded Rainbow Road / Lugia in Vileplume Owls. These will fly off the shelf.

The standard/expanded playable staples and foil energy might make them worth it alone. Not too sure on the playability of either as a deck though.

Both of these cards have seen price spikes recently, due to expanded Rainbow Road / Lugia in Vileplume Owls. These will fly off the shelf.
Yeah, I'm glad it'll make these EX's drop in card value :p
Side-note: The new XY2 Sudowoodo will be a pain for Rainbow Road users. Its ability is the same as HGSS era Ditto's.

I love how the editors didn't catch that Ho-Oh's energy type is not specified, whereas Lugia's is. It just says "Basic Energy (Foil)".

Back