BW/BW2 New Evolutions for Generation 5

z-man said:
As I recall from an interview before Diamond/Pearl, the Pokemon team had plans for stage 3's. Hm... Perhaps a PorygonZeta? :O Or maybe even a UBERChomp? :O

I'm serious on the interview thingy though. Even so, I believe that Khangaskon (sp) needs a preevo. I wanna know what it has in its pouch. Maybe some more eeveelutions? Milktank evo. Pinser(sp) evo? The list goes on :)

That interview was in Nintendo Power volume 215, starting on page 32. NP interviewed several of the creators of Diamond and Pearl.
On page 37 of the interview NP asks, " How do you decide which Pokemon will receive new evolutions? Will we ever see a fourth Pokemon evolution?"
This is what each said,
Sugimori (Art Director, Genius, my Hero), "The Pokemon that evolve are decided by the ones that look like they would evolve, or having them evolve will make the gameplay more enjoyable. The Evolution is there to power up the not-so-strong Pokemon and the ones that have the potential to become stronger, to make them more powerful. A fourth Evolution... hmm, I wonder? If a fourth evolution is going to make things more interesting, that would be a possibility"
Masuda (Director), "Their looks and their strength, Pokemon that seem to have room for and evolution, and maybe size. With the Evolutions, the planning team keeps the balance on them. I'm not really thinking about [a fourth evolution]. Right now I think it's great how some Pokemon evolve to different forms, so I'm not really thinking about it."
Unno (Graphic Leader),I've never thought of their Evolutions from the design, but there are suggestions during the planning stages, such as, "It'd be fun if this Pokemon evolved like this."
Ohmori (Game Design Leader), "I think the main thing is looking at it from the overall balance; you look at the design, and add new Pokemon by looking at what kind of Pokemon need to be added, and how it would make things better if certain Pokemon were in a certain class. There's also looking at the Pokemon to see which ones would be the most interesting if they evolved. I thought about putting in the fun factor by surprising people by making some Pokemon evolve that the players wouldn't expect to."

Based on this 4th gen interview, a possible 5th gen stage 3 Pokemon is possible, but I think it is unlikely because it wouldn't keep in tradition kept by the games since their beginnings.

A possible stage 3 Pokemon? Woah we are going to Digimon territory there because we may end up something with exaggerated names that describe how awesome they are;

Rhyultimate, Ultranitar etc.

I want to remain in stage 2 thank you, that is not too much not too little.

Back on topic I want to see new evolutions for;

Pinsir - Scyther got one why not this thing?
Heracross- It needs some extra juice against Gliscor hehe
Skarmory- Needs more special defense and some offense
Spinda, Sableye, Kecleon and all the other useless non evolving Pokemon
Shuckle evolution with more HP and Attack/Special Attack
Xatu and Grumpig

Golduck evo or Psyduck split evo, something making me like more of the line.

omahanime said:
How would a Kangaskhan pre-evo work? The mother Kangaskhan has a baby Kangaskhan in the pouch.

I can't find a reference at the moment, but in one of the Q&A sessions there was a question about having a baby Kangaskhan and it was flat denied. No pre-evo for yu! Haha.

Anyway, personally I'd like to see:
Parasect Evo (Give us something with a little better stats that can use Spore)
Pinsir Evo (Scyther got one, Pinser feels unloved)
Volbeat/Illumise baby that can evolve into either (Like Tyrogue)
Miltank/Tauros baby
A rock/fighting/ground type Eevee evo so I can use Eevee in a rock deck.

Things I don't think we'll see:
Ditto Evo. Ditto's role is pretty clearly defined. :D
Skarmory Evo. The thing is a tank already. Giving it an evolution that had more Sp. Def would just make it broken.

And Flying-type Eevee evo would totally be Aerion.

I'd like to point out something.

Pokemon which have evolved once by a different method than level up or happiness do not evolve again.

For example a Vulpix which evolved into a Ninetales by use of a Fire Stone, isn't able to evolve again (split evo/pre-evo of Vulpix is not impossible).

And so this counts for every single Pokemon which has evolved by trading/items etc. This, for the reason to make it not too difficult and complicated to evolve a basic staged (or baby) Pokemon up to its fully evolved form.

Although, there is one exeption. This is Porygon. Porygon is an artificial Pokemon and therefore it makes sense it cannot evolve on its own and needs (artificial) items to evolve.

Just to point this fact out. And you all of you don't get too much hope on some evolutions of Pokemon.

Oh also keep in note that GameFreak won't let (unique) Pokemon like Ditto, Shuckle, Spinda etc. evolve (at least this is extremely unlikely).

ogeray said:
we need a ghost/grass type. theres never been a pokemon like that before.

I know! I've been waiting for one for a long time! Something like a dried up plant husk or a spooky tree sapling or something.

Pokequaza said:
I'd like to point out something.

Pokemon which have evolved once by a different method than level up or happiness do not evolve again.

For example a Vulpix which evolved into a Ninetales by use of a Fire Stone, isn't able to evolve again (split evo/pre-evo of Vulpix is not impossible).

And so this counts for every single Pokemon which has evolved by trading/items etc. This, for the reason to make it not too difficult and complicated to evolve a basic staged (or baby) Pokemon up to its fully evolved form.

Although, there is one exeption. This is Porygon. Porygon is an artificial Pokemon and therefore it makes sense it cannot evolve on its own and needs (artificial) items to evolve.

Just to point this fact out. And you all of you don't get too much hope on some evolutions of Pokemon.

Oh also keep in note that GameFreak won't let (unique) Pokemon like Ditto, Shuckle, Spinda etc. evolve (at least this is extremely unlikely).
Each generation has changed something. Honestly, who thought two Pokémon would change type in GSC? That's what happened so far; there's nothing that specifically says those things won't happen. I doubt they will, but there's nothing that proves me wrong at the moment.

I'm personally expecting a Dunsparce evo.

Muno said:
Pre-evo for miltank and tauros.
I'd prefer that they share the same one. This could definitely work because tauros are 100% male and miltanks are 100% female, so the pre-evo evolves into either one depending on its gender. :)

That would be sweet, a little spotted black and white cow with small horns. THIS I could see perfectly.

I want to see a water fire pokemon, like one that lives deep near volcanic vents or something.

I also would love to see a Jynx evo, an evolution for Primeape, a Chatot and Farfetch'd evo, a Mr. Mime and Bonsly evo(they both got pre-evos, so they should join Electivre and Magmortar in terms of a final form. Master Mime. Lol). Wailord evo.

What I REALLY want is Zangoose and Seviper evos. We have never really seen a rivalry like this in the games(in terms of the species just HATE each other), so this way, Zangoose will get a bigger and bulkier evo with a new look(just a bad a$$) while Seviper could just turn into a bigger thing. Idk. I want these. Sooo much. And the Mitank/Tauros thing.

Shuckle
Spinda
Delibird
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
evee{M}{F}
tyrogue (like some kind of body-slamming pokemon or someting...)
Zangoose
Seviper
goldeen (an alternate evolution, like SEAQUEEN)
Dugtrio
(those are just some)
PRE-EVOLUTIONS

Stantler
Doduo
Lunatone and Solrock ( it should evolve into either/or)
Illumese and Volbeat (Same deal)

Heracross and Pinser should have both evolutions and pre-evolutions

AND THOSE ARE JUST SOME I CAME UP WITH!!!!!!

Shuckle
Spinda
Delibird
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
evee{M}{F}
tyrogue (like some kind of body-slamming pokemon or someting...)
Zangoose
Seviper
goldeen (an alternate evolution, like SEAQUEEN)
Dugtrio
(those are just some)
PRE-EVOLUTIONS

Stantler
Doduo
Lunatone and Solrock ( it should evolve into either/or)
Illumese and Volbeat (Same deal)

Heracross and Pinser should have both evolutions and pre-evolutions

AND THOSE ARE JUST SOME I CAME UP WITH!!!!!!

Hitmonja
(High SPE)
Inner Focus / Expert - Super Effective moves gain 10% power
HP - 50
ATK - 95
DEF - 50
SPA - 30
SPD - 110
SPE - 125
TTL - 455

Hitmonsei
(High SP ATK)
Steadfast / Zen - Cannot be confused, attracted, flinched or have stats lowered (all by opponent only)
HP - 50
ATK - 40
DEF - 50
SPA - 105
SPD - 110
SPE - 100
TTL - 455

Hitmongoro
(High HP)
Thick Fat / Willpower - Opponent takes 10% recoil on all special attacks.
HP - 120
ATK - 90
DEF - 90
SPA - 35
SPD - 110
SPE - 10
TTL - 455

monpyro97 said:
Dunasparce and Relicanth

They will never make relicanth evolve.
Dont you remember? Relicanth is the longevity pokemon. Its a species that has lived for hundreds of years without ever evolving or changing its appearence.

Pre-evolutions:
Doduo (always wanted a Douno, pointless though it may be:D)
Onix (too big to be coming out of an egg)
Lapras (see Onix)
Tauros/Miltank (gender based evolution)
Pinsir/Heracross (based on the episode where Ash catches Heracross even though anime=/=game)
Lunatone/Solrock (moon/sun stone based evolution)
Tropius (see Onix)

Evolutions
Rapidash -> Pegasus Fire/Flying
Farfetch'd
Marowak -> Ground/Steel
Mr. Mime -> Mime Sr.
Jynx
Eevee (duh) I want the weird types: Bug, Dragon, Fighting, etc...anything I can't imagine Eevee evolving into.
Quilfish
Girafarig -> Psychic/Dark
Mawile -> Steel/Dark
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Shimeco
Absol

shadoworganoid said:
They will never make relicanth evolve.
don't you remember? Relicanth is the longevity pokemon. Its a species that has lived for hundreds of years without ever evolving or changing its appearence.
Why do people here keep using that terms 'never' and 'impossible'? Did the makers of Pokémon tell you that they would never do this?

impossibly hating of the disc,
hatedisc

hatedisc said:
Why do people here keep using that terms 'never' and 'impossible'? Did the makers of Pokémon tell you that they would never do this?

impossibly hating of the disc,
hatedisc

True, but there just wont ever be an evo to relicanth because of the reasons I listed.
UNLESS, they do some "scientific means" of evolution like with porygon or somthing.

Tauros needs a pre evo and an evo.
Dunsparce evo would be sweet I always found dunsparce looked incomplete.

I've wanted this for a long time to fit This family in competitive battling...

A DEWGONG EVOLUTION!!!
It would be a sick narwhal with a exclusive move called "ice impact" which has base 120 pwer with 75 accuracy. (kinda like Thunder but Ice and physical.
I would Evolve by making learn either Drill peck or ice impact incase they make it a move. Then bring it to Hoenn and use dive and level it up and it evolves.
Or they could put dive in the game and do that.

Other than that a
Mawile evo
sabeleye evo
dunsparce evo
DEWGONG EVO
Skarmory pre evo
lickitung pre evo (don't really need this he just doesn't seem like a base stage pokemon.)
Absol Evo or pre evo
awesome Mijumaru evos

Back