New Decks In B&W-On Format

pikhu2000 said:
Does anyone think Ninetails/Amoongus has potential? Ninetails is a free catcher and will easily do 130 damage.
Also Has Durant died? It can use Aggron as a bulky guy to send out and still mill the deck.

I don't see Ninetails/Amoongus having much potential. I don't think special conditions are reliable unless you also have them trainer locked. If they can just use switch to get out of the special conditions.

Ninetails/Amoonguss is the next format's Leafeon deck, only stronger, I like it.

And I plan on running AggroAnt. I think it will be a rare "No Rare Candy" Stage 2 deck.

When you put the special conditions on the Pokemon, the trick is to OHKO them, which this deck can easily do. You can OHKO Zekroms, Reshi's, with a plus power, Garchomp. It's just a matter of keeping your Pokemon alive.

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some, but in no particular order:

Garchomp/Altaria
Hydreigon/Darkrai
Eelektrik variants
Darkrai variants
Accelgor/Gothitelle
Empoleon/Terrakion
Ninetails/Amoongus
Ho-Oh EX variants

And hopefully some sort of awesome rogue shedinja decks. Really want to build one :D

Emopanda133 said:
Ninetails/Amoonguss is the next format's Leafeon deck, only stronger, I like it.

And I plan on running AggroAnt. I think it will be a rare "No Rare Candy" Stage 2 deck.

When you put the special conditions on the Pokemon, the trick is to OHKO them, which this deck can easily do. You can OHKO Zekroms, Reshi's, with a plus power, Garchomp. It's just a matter of keeping your Pokemon alive.

And was leafeon ever viable? Never. Also, you would have to have a high count of tool scrapers to make sure the zekroms/reshirams/kyurems didn't have eviolite or large cloak. Also, just about everything OHKO's amoongus and ninetails, so you get an even prize trade at best. Also, you need 2 pluspowers to OHKO a gar chomp. And you have basically an auto-loss against Darkrai/Hydreigon because you can't 1 shot anything, they play lots of max potions and they have free retreat with darkrai. It's actual an auto-loss to basically any deck with darkrai.

blue luxray said:
And was leafeon ever viable? Never. Also, you would have to have a high count of tool scrapers to make sure the zekroms/reshirams/kyurems didn't have etiolate or large cloak. Also, just about everything OHKO's amoongus and ninetails, so you get an even prize trade at best. Also, you need 2 pluspowers to OHKO a gar chomp.

I agree with all of this except I'd like to point out that Poison takes the place of one of the PlusPowers against Garchomp.

blue luxray said:
Also, you would have to have a high count of tool scrapers to make sure the zekroms/reshirams/kyurems didn't have eviolite or large cloak.

Zekrom damages itself, Reshiram is only played with Phlosion which damages Reshi, and nobody plays Kyurem.

Emopanda133 said:
And I plan on running AggroAnt. I think it will be a rare "No Rare Candy" Stage 2 deck
Dont say that too loud.
Celebi23 will ruin your little party. He thinks the deck is too unreliable, and it is.
Best case scenario is like 24 cards on turn two, but you have like a 3% chance of acomplishing that.

^I dunno, you could run Sableye in an Aggron deck, but you shouldn't be attacking with anything but Sableye. That deck has potential

4-3-4 Aggron
4 Sableye

4 Rare Candy
4 Devolution Spray

8 Dark Energy
(31)

That gives you 29 cards for consistency and further disruption (Hammers/Catcher) thrown in some Scoop Up, Rescue Scarf, and you have yourself a way to deck your opponent. Unlike Durant, this deck has some HP, so if your opponent wants to win on prizes they have to set up a real attacker. Plus having all of your discarding placed into one clump allows for a higher chance of disrupting your opponent.

I don't think Aggron is a good card for decking people out, Durant with techs would do that job much better. I could imagine Aggron being used in a disruption deck along with Sableye and a sweeping attacker like Tornadus EX to get rid of all their resources then sweep.

What about Durant/Drifblim? Just as an idea. It wouldn't be reliable on your opponent to play their special energy down and you could still win even if you aren't able to deck out the opponent, by steamrolling with your Drifblims (Just want this card to work >.<).

Another question: What's better: Straight Gothitell/Accelgor or Gothitelle/MewEX/Accelgor? Mew EX has the advantage of being just a Basic, so you don't need to play down a new Shelmet every turn, and you can concentrate on getting the DCE.

Last but not least: Gothitelle/Reuniclus... is a return of this deck thanks to the slower Format, less played Zekeels, less played Mewtu EX and Large Cloak possible or not?
I'm not sure about it, though the huge EX's would make good damage takers...

I was actually think something like this for the AggroAnt.

4-3-3 Aggron
4 Durant
2 fliptini

Lairon has a great milling attack, so I'd eveolve, discard, de-evolve and mill-attack, hopefully getting me more than four cards discarded.

Aggron Durant doesn't work. Its horribly inconsistent and it decreases your chances of getting 4 Durant out, so you're actually milling less on average (and this is all due to testing, and not just theroymon I might add). Quad Durant is actually better than Aggron Durant because its milling more, is less affected by Catchers, is more consistent, has more room to slow down opponents with hammers or go first with First Ticket, etc. etc. And even Quad Durant is awful next format because without Special Metal or Defender, there's no way to stop a Darkrai from OHKOing a Durant, and Darkrai are so unbelievably common next format.

Back