New Anime Special: Pokémon Origin (Based on the Games Red & Green)

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
BREAKING NEWS: Brand new anime Pokémon Origins featuring characters Red and Blue (Green in Japanese) will air every Wednesday from October! Just found this out, a new Pokemon anime!!! Without Ash!!! What are your opinions on this new series?? EDIT: So far no word on localizations, yet.

RE: Thoughts on New Anime Series

Where did you find this out!?!? Also, is there any pictures or descriptions from an official source?

Brave Vesperia said:
Where did you find this out!?!? Also, is there any pictures or descriptions from an official source?

I don't know if you can see it or not, but here's one picture from a Japanese website
EDIT: so supposedly the image is too big, I'll see if I can fix it

Moved to Pokémon Anime & Other Anime.

(Also, I'm really psyched for this. It's got a new animation style and everything; it could turn out amazing! :U)

This is what I've been waiting for. I hope this will run through the length of the regular seasons and not just be a spin-off.

Only all of the 'yes' in the entirety of the universe and beyond can describe how amazingly awesome this is.

MY BODY IS READY

But seriously, this is amazing! I'm happy that it's actually a whole new series rather than just a one-off OVA. The animation style is a bit different, and it's a bit weird seeing Brock and Oak without their normal anime appearance, but some of the scenes make them look really cool.

I wonder if they'll also use some concepts of the manga and have a third female character with Venusaur.

Sadly I think this got confirmed as just being a "special" I'd kill for an anime series that's not about Ash. Would have made an amazing series I think.

TRAILER
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_Lyi2RSVxqg[/video]

I am so happy right now!!! NO more Ash and Pikachu!!!

All aboard, CHOO! CHOO!
Hype-Train-TRAVIS-1.png

Jackie said:
Sadly I think this got confirmed as just being a "special" I'd kill for an anime series that's not about Ash. Would have made an amazing series I think.
Source?

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed to be a series or just an OVA. I'm hoping for a series though.

Vast said:
Jackie said:
Source?

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed to be a series or just an OVA. I'm hoping for a series though.

*removed* doesn't count because they got it wrong too. I wish people would stop saying "It's just a special because it's an OVA"

It is confirmed as an OVA, as stated in the trailer itself.

The information however, for the one airing October 2nd as a special broadcast, only focuses around Red, Green, and Brock.
Yet that trailer shows us lance and the final battle.

When we take this into consideration, odds are it's just a few fairly long OVA episodes, or maybe a 12 episode OVA at most.

Stop saying it's a special because it's not, *removed* didn't confirm it because that is just their assumption, not an actual fact.

[private]Edited for advertising *Drohn
Serebii doesn't count because they got it wrong too. I wish people would stop saying "It's just a special because it's an OVA"

It is confirmed as an OVA, as stated in the trailer itself.

The information however, for the one airing October 2nd as a special broadcast, only focuses around Red, Green, and Brock.
Yet that trailer shows us lance and the final battle.

When we take this into consideration, odds are it's just a few fairly long OVA episodes, or maybe a 12 episode OVA at most.

Stop saying it's a special because it's not, Serebii didn't confirm it because that is just their assumption, not an actual fact.
[/private]

My main concern with Pokemon: The Origins is that we might not get an English Dub for it while being stuck with Ash and Pikachu in the Black/White Dub going into the XY Dub which would be REALLY disappointing. Origins seems like it will be like what Pokemon Chronicles was like unfortunately...

I seriously want Pokemon: The Origins to replace the current Pokemon Anime English Dub and the Japanese Sub that's on television right now. I know there might be a minority that might disagree but the Pokemon franchise is overdue for a revival the likes that we haven't seen since Gen IV or better yet when the franchise started in Gen I. Ash Ketchum, Pikachu, and Team Rocket need to go...

If most of the money Nintendo/Game Freak makes off of Pokemon comes from the video games and the TCG paid by teenagers and young adults then why is it that the current Anime series has stagnated over the years where it's current target demographic are kids ages 5 and up compared to Season 1 in Indigo League where it was ages 10 and up?

I don't.
I would hate the living crap out of it because if it were as long as the current anime, or meant to replace it - it would just do the same thing we hate out of the actual anime. Which is something I don't think many take into consideration.

It should just stick to being an OVA with a couple episodes, tell the story from start to finish, and be done.
Which seems to be what the intention of this OVA is.

The reasons we want this OVA to replace the anime for are going to happen regardless if it replaced it. Not to mention they seem to pump more money into the animation budget. It's fine as an OVA series, and will probably get a DVD release in Japan and an english DVD release here, like Mewtwo Returns got.

But If Pokemon: The Origins exactly follows it's Manga counterpart the way Satoshi Tajiri himself originally intended instead of the way the actual Anime is portrayed after Johto when it should have ended thus giving real closure to Ash Ketchum and Pikachu then we should be in good hands.

If Pokemon: The Origins did replace the actual Pokemon Anime series then they should branch off with different main protagonists in each region just like in the Manga series instead of being just about Red becoming more and more like Ash with no real character development and growth after getting regressed throughout each region.

I would like the branching out, yes, that would be perfect for a series.

Also if we use actual scenarios, Origin's counterpart is similar to Zensho, not Adventures, if that's what you mean.

Zensho ran without anything stopping it, any fillers, etc. Just straight up Kanto story and only ran for 1 volume. Which is likely what Origins is going to be,

Back