TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Which Pokémon does everyone want to see next?
Following Regigigas and Hoopa-U, perhaps a Dragalge? I made art for one earlier today; I'd love to see it used in Neo Redux.
luIk2mL.png
I'm not sure what resolution you use for cards, though, so if you need it bigger, I'd be happy to resize the original. :)

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
I'd love to see Mega Beedrill. I was going to say Zygarde, but save it for the next game's hype :p

Awesome to see you back CMP! Did you manage to fix the resizing issue?

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
As for what everyone can do to help (if they so choose -- I'm certainly not expecting anyone to do anything!), I think the easiest thing to do might be to reverse image search some of the smaller images in the first post. I've tried it a few times and had decent results. Otherwise, going through the Neo Redux wikia image page and manually finding each card might be the only other option.

EDIT: Since now would be as good a time as any to reintroduce the Redux mechanic...
latest

Last edited:

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Any changes you guys would make to the Redux Mega Evolution style? It's pretty much just an early LV.X, plus a 1 per deck rule to mimic the 1 per battle rule of the games. As I did before, I'm giving the Mega Evolutions their own "Pokédex entry," designed after the descriptions on the official site.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Any changes you guys would make to the Redux Mega Evolution style? It's pretty much just an early LV.X, plus a 1 per deck rule to mimic the 1 per battle rule of the games. As I did before, I'm giving the Mega Evolutions their own "Pokédex entry," designed after the descriptions on the official site.
I honestly think it's fine, and is how Mega Evolutions should work.

Also, the Beedrill in the OP is small. Would you be able to link a larger version instead?

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
I honestly think it's fine, and is how Mega Evolutions should work.

Also, the Beedrill in the OP is small. Would you be able to link a larger version instead?
I'm on mobile so I can't grab a link, but that's basically what I need help with (and why the project was put on hiatus in the first place). Most (if not all) of the card links have been replaced with smaller versions by Wikia, so I need assistance in getting updated links (going through 800+ cards is a lot of work for one person).

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Here's the large version of the Mega Beedrill I was able to find after fighting with Wikia and lots of hard-refreshing:

8VkFD3b.png

I'd be happy to try and pull up some larger versions of the cards for you, CMP, just tell me where to start. :D

I really like what you did with the Mega Evolutions and wish the actual game did similar.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Here's the large version of the Mega Beedrill I was able to find after fighting with Wikia and lots of hard-refreshing:

8VkFD3b.png

I'd be happy to try and pull up some larger versions of the cards for you, CMP, just tell me where to start. :D

I really like what you did with the Mega Evolutions and wish the actual game did similar.
So, did you have to download and upload to your own imgur page? My only fear in doing this is if, for an example, I accidentally delete the card from the database, or perhaps CMP needs the link cause something catastrophic happened, and I'm not around to provide it. Maybe CMP should make a shared imgur account for Neo Redux that he passes to people can trust, that he can control?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I just copied the URL of the image and used the URL upload feature of imgur. I don't plan on deleting anything from my account, and the link is permanently in this thread now, so there shouldn't be any concerns about losing the larger image. If CMP would prefer to make a shared imgur account to relink the images (since Wikia is a butt), we could use that too, I suppose.

aschefield101

is behind you !
If you need CMP, just click said image, right click and "view image", will give you the full size version of whatever you've uploaded. (For phones should be able to open in new tab or some such, using that larger image's URL.)

Wikia is just so annoying with these changes, that just don't need it >.<

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can get that to work, thanks. :) Would certainly be easier than hunting through Wikia.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Certainly nothing impressive, especially considering the attack is the same as the official TCG Cosmog (I couldn't resist), but I went and made a new Redux card for the first time in nearly two years (I couldn't resist), especially with Cascade's art (I couldn't resist).

24CpKH1.png

Also, I haven't checked the OP yet, but I'm assuming there are a ton of broken links. Let me know if you spot any, and I'll put those on the top of my list to remake!

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
He's alive!

Glad to see you're still kicking and I love the updated Mega layout (I don't think I saw it before now), but something about your new Cosmog card feels off. I think it might be the Pokémon Power: it looks a bit tiny and, completely by chance, almost looks justified. Maybe you could align the sides of the textbox with the flavour text, possibly make it just a hair bigger, and lower the attack and division line like the Neo Unown cards?

EDIT: I think the sizes and placement from Neo Genesis Chikorita should make a good reference. (Expand the Pokémon Power textbox to align with the outer edges of the art frame if necessary.)

Last edited:

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Thanks, Alex!

I'll fiddle around with the textbox -- the sizing, though, is awkward enough that if I move it around a half/point or two in either direction, it looks awful. I'll see what I can do.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
How about aligning the left side with the flavor text and right side with the outer art border? I've seen that on Gym-style cards, like Misty's Cloyster. Here's a mock-up I did using my Gym blanks as a base (since Neo cards are still based on the classic layout):

nfoMg5G.png

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
It's a good thought, but I haven't been able to find a single Neo card which utilized that placement (besides the Unown, as the Power name necessitates it). Then again, now that PokéBeach scans are nowhere to be found, it's hard to go through large scans quickly.

Neo Discovery Eevee is pretty much the best example of what I'm trying to do (and I do have the textbox lined up to the outer art border). I've edited it slightly, and it definitely does look better.

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Great to see you're not dead @CMP!

Just wanted to say that you were a pretty significant inspiration for me to start faking. Your Neo Redux project contains a lot of really great stuff!