TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Dat Gourgeist tho.

Between [member]Heavenly Spoon[/member], [smod]Athena[/smod], and countless others (still waiting on you, [mod]Delta[/mod]! haha), the set features amazing artwork by PokéBeach members themeselves. Time to add another member to that list, as [member]Huderon of Canossa[/member] has graciously made some Gourgeist artwork for the set!

Gourgeist.png

Can i just say i like the idea of adding new types to the tcg. Love this set so far can't wait till all pokemon are done are we allowed to save and print these cards?

Hi CMP, the set is amazing; I can't even comprehend the amount of work it must have taken, especially in making each pokemon unique enough.

If you ever need a picture for braixen, amaura, heliolisk or diancie I'd feel honored to make one for you (I'm naming those pokemon because you don't have the cards listed and I love them, so I 'd be more motivated, but you just ask away and I'll do my best).

PS: that gourgeist is positively terrifying.

Last edited:

CMP said:
(still waiting on you, [mod]Delta[/mod]! haha)

Oh, trust me, that Shellos West Sea will be all me.

Fabulous choice of artwork though. I'm fond of cards that support themselves like this one does.

Wait, there's a Shellos available? D:

disneyfreak00 said:
Can i just say i like the idea of adding new types to the tcg. Love this set so far can't wait till all pokemon are done are we allowed to save and print these cards?
Thanks! Yeah, having every TCG type is fun...certainly not practical in a real card game, but it looks cool for a fake set! And yeah, you're certainly welcome to print them out as long as you don't sell them or try to play them in official tournaments.

professorlight said:
Hi CMP, the set is amazing; I can't even comprehend the amount of work it must have taken, especially in making each pokemon unique enough.

If you ever need a picture for braixen, amaura, heliolisk or diancie I'd feel honored to make one for you (I'm naming those pokemon because you don't have the cards listed and I love them, so I 'd be more motivated, but you just ask away and I'll do my best)

PS: that gourgeist is positively terrifying
Thanks, professorlight! It's been years and years in the making, and taken up probably more of my time than it should!

If you'd like to make an Amaura I'd love it -- thank you so much for the offer! I have art lined up for Braixen, Heliolisk, and Diancie, but if you make them too I'm always open to promos! :)

Delta said:
CMP said:
(still waiting on you, [mod]Delta[/mod]! haha)

Oh, trust me, that Shellos West Sea will be all me.

Fabulous choice of artwork though. I'm fond of cards that support themselves like this one does.
Ooh...do ya mean it?! I've had the card ready to go for ages without any artwork.

Athena said:
Wait, there's a Shellos available? D:
Sorry, Athena...guess Delta's claimed it! :p I could send over a list of Pokémon I'm in need to art for, though.

CMP said:
Ooh...do ya mean it?! I've had the card ready to go for ages without any artwork.

Hey, y'know what? Sure. Want me to just PM you something cool?

CMP said:
professorlight said:

If you ever need a picture for braixen, amaura, heliolisk or diancie I'd feel honored to make one for you (I'm naming those pokemon because you don't have the cards listed and I love them, so I 'd be more motivated, but you just ask away and I'll do my best)

PS: that gourgeist is positively terrifying
Thanks, professorlight! It's been years and years in the making, and taken up probably more of my time than it should!

If you'd like to make an Amaura I'd love it -- thank you so much for the offer! I have art lined up for Braixen, Heliolisk, and Diancie, but if you make them too I'm always open to promos! :)

Oh! amaura! will do! If the mood strikes and I'm satisfied with the result, I'll try my hand at some of the others; diancie, probably, since it would be fitting for a promo.

CMP said:
Sorry, Athena...guess Delta's claimed it! :p I could send over a list of Pokémon I'm in need to art for, though.

That's okay, I'll just have to kill triangleman in his sleep. :p

But, in all seriousness, would be super happy to do more artwork for you, so feel free to let me know which ones you need, and if you have any in particular you think would work well with my style. It'll be kind of a long time in coming since I'm away from my computer and software for a few more weeks still, but I'd love to do more for you if you'd have it. :)

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Seasons of Sawsbuck! Check Post #6!

Get ready for an Amaura featuring professorlight's amazing artwork. The card should be released soon -- just need to come up with a fitting power!

Now I'm just missing spoilers for Shaymin (Land Forme), the Therian Formes of the Forces of Nature, Chesnaught (just an attack), Clawitzer, Amaura (just a power), and Diancie, as well as Mega Tyranitar, Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Mega Metagross, Mega Garchomp, and Mega Diancie.

Delta said:
CMP said:

Hey, y'know what? Sure. Want me to just PM you something cool?
Really? That'd be great! Thanks, Delta!

Athena said:
CMP said:

That's okay, I'll just have to kill triangleman in his sleep. :p

But, in all seriousness, would be super happy to do more artwork for you, so feel free to let me know which ones you need, and if you have any in particular you think would work well with my style. It'll be kind of a long time in coming since I'm away from my computer and software for a few more weeks still, but I'd love to do more for you if you'd have it. :)
Of course you can do more art for the set -- thanks, Athena! Once you get back, I'll let you know which monsters I'll need art for. Hope you're having a blast with the fam!

---------------------

Sawsbuck: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter

RE: Neo Redux: 800 cards and counting! UPDATE: Seasons of Sawsbuck!

Alakazam
Megasymbol.png
is ready, though I'm not sure if it's powerful enough. Because my Pokémon
Megasymbol.png
can use the Powers and attacks of the Pokémon they evolve from (much like LV. X), I'm designing some to work with those Powers/attacks. Alakazam
Megasymbol.png
has a Power which lets you flip a coin when using Mind Breaker from Alakazam. If heads, you can discard the Energy from your opponent's Pokémon without having to discard Energy from Alakazam
Megasymbol.png

Thoughts?

Would you be able to stack M Alakazam's Power with Mind Breaker's effect? Flip a coin to discard one energy on the Defending Pokemon, discard energy from M Alakazam to discard another energy on the Defending Pokemon. Would that work, or is M Alakazam's Power a complete replacement for Mind Breaker's effect?

Also, the Kanto Starter Megas need the new Mega rule! =P

bigfootaus said:
Would you be able to stack M Alakazam's Power with Mind Breaker's effect? Flip a coin to discard one energy on the Defending Pokemon, discard energy from M Alakazam to discard another energy on the Defending Pokemon. Would that work, or is M Alakazam's Power a complete replacement for Mind Breaker's effect?

Also, the Kanto Starter Megas need the new Mega rule! =P
The power is intended to be a replacement for the effect of Mind Breaker, so no stacking. Do you think it would work better if it stacked?

And yeah, I actually just updated the Kanto Starters a few hours ago...problem is Wikia's cache has been taking a long time to clear lately. I have to manually purge it these days, and even then usually requires an add-on to the URL. Thanks for letting me know the cache hasn't cleared, though!

bigfootaus said:

And also: when does the Mind Breaker discard happens? Before or after the opponent's attack?

I'm assuming it'd be after the opponent's attack.

And I think stacking would be really fun! Probably overpowered for this era (perfect for current-era), but fun!

Thanks guys! I've changed the wording to clarify things a bit.

Stacking may indeed be the way to go, especially since Alakazam
Megasymbol.png
is essentially a Stage 3 card which you can only have 1 of in your deck. A little powerful, sure, but it'd be hard to get out in the first place and to discard more than 1 card you'd need to discard 2 of your own.

EDIT: Before I get too deep into the Megas, do you think using the
Megasymbol.png
symbol for the set number (ie 3
Megasymbol.png
/???) would be better than the stylyzed M (actually the symbol for Scorpio) I have now?

Yeah, that symbol would be a lot better than the M.

I forgot about the only-one-per-deck rule and never thought about it as a 'Stage 3' - yeah, go crazy with stacking. This fancy Mega Pokemon style of yours is really cool =D

Hmm... when I'm done with CaC (which I just figured out), I'd be happy to provide some spoilers for the Megas, and possibly Diancie too~

Well, I'm also making my set, so I'm actively making cards, if you want a spoiler. :D

Scorched Feathers said:
Hmm... when I'm done with CaC (which I just figured out), I'd be happy to provide some spoilers for the Megas, and possibly Diancie too~
Awesome, that'd be great, thanks!

Luispipe8 said:
Well, I'm also making my set, so I'm actively making cards, if you want a spoiler. :D
I always welcome spoilers, Luis!

Back