TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: New blanks, new dawn. UPDATE: Time for a proper update, no?! (2/23/12)

woor90 said:
Why don't you try to sell these to the Nintendo? is it possible to contact them?
It would be great if they would print and sell these as regular pokemon set.
Ahahahaha, bad idea. You don't try and make money off Nintendo for something they tried to create in the first place. And there are various legal issues with making fan stuff official; too much red tape and such is involved.

Long story short, this is just something CMP does for fun as a project; it's not something to profit off of, but it's something that everyone can enjoy equally.

RE: Neo Redux: New blanks, new dawn. UPDATE: Time for a proper update, no?! (2/23/12)

^Besides, it's been way too long since the thread's been updated with a new card for the collection; although in his (or her) defence, Kyurem does have two new formes, and both Keldeo and Meloetta (with its respective Aria and Pirouette formes) were recently released.

^ I'm still around, though! As DNA mentioned, the legal problems would be far too great. Plus, there isn't much strategy in the cards I make -- I'm pretty much all about the aesthetics.

Currently (as stated above), I'm tinkering with a new Ground-type symbol. Pretty sure it'll be a drill, as I like the opposition that would exist between Rock (with its upwards point) and Ground (a downwards point).

Bippa's Talent, Victoria State's Top Two all over again.

How do you do those cards with your art-worked pokemon inside? (if i can ask, obiously)

They seem pretty real :rolleyes: I want to help you to do some cards, if you want, of course.

^ A brilliant idea; although you may need CMP's approval first. ;)

cambagaba said:
How do you do those cards with your art-worked pokemon inside? (if i can ask, obiously)

They seem pretty real :rolleyes: I want to help you to do some cards, if you want, of course.

I like that idea.

W00t 100th post!

cambagaba said:

Do you mean the "printed" binder versions of the cards? It's all done in Photoshop.

I'm actually all done with spoilers thanks to DNA, Bippa, and many others...however, you're more than welcome to PM me ideas. I appreciate all the help I get, and I can always make promos of your spoilers! =)

Well, look what I've done. I hope you like it, it's my favorite Pokémon :D

ESCAVALIER {M}

e8tyfm.png

23wsdvk.png

...There are actually a lot of mistakes in that, not the least of which is that the text font is incorrect. (The second biggest mistake is you give zero illustrator credit.)

CMP will get to them when he has time.

Well, I think it's a pretty good job for being my first try. :p I couldn't find the correct font, the links were broke :(

Could it really be?! An actual update?!

Well, as I enter my last actual summer vacation ever, I figured a sun-centered Pokémon would be apropos!

Sunflora.png

Thanks to Bippa for the core spoilers.

RE: Neo Redux: New blanks, new dawn. UPDATE: Summer, sun, Sunflora!! (5/21/12)

Wow! I love that sun flora! I love the poke-power and the attack. Looks really good. :)
(also love the picture too)

CMP said:
Well, as I enter my last actual summer vacation ever, I figured a sun-centered Pokémon would be apropos!

AND YOU CHOSE ARTWORK WITH RAIN IN IT

Glad to see more stuff from you, CMP :]

You're missing the é in the first Pokémon in the Pokémon Power. ;)

Other than that, I love it!! Though, it is kinda ironic how it's raining in the artwork!

When I get new cards, I tend to try to guess which of the attacks or abilities the Pokemon is using in the illustration (I know they're not necessarily meant to be using any of them, but you can usually see it). I'm not seeing either ability or attack in that Sunflora illustration. XD

Still a good card, though!

While that may be true of today's cards, it wasn't necessarily true during the Classic/Neo-era. If spoilers were built around illustrations available, then fakes would be pretty boring!

Buuuut....I can see where you're coming from, so story time? Let's do it!

The Sunflora in the illustration was unhappy with the cloudy weather so it was chasing sunlight to find clearer skies. Suddenly it started raining, and while it continued to look for sunlight, it happened to enjoy the refreshing rain fall in its face.

There we go. More fitting if it has background story.

I don't know why I've never dropped by and taken a look at your cards before. But I must say, everything, this whole project you do is amazing. Keep at it, seriously! I'm excited to see how far you'll go with this!
A few questions: Are those packs from the pictures on the first page real, like did you make them yourself somehow into real packs or is it some kind of amazing Photoshopping?
Also, are the cards in the binder pictures actual printed cards from your set? (I'd be able to tell but I'm not in the mood to inspect a picture right now ha...)

AnimeUSA said:
I don't know why I've never dropped by and taken a look at your cards before. But I must say, everything, this whole project you do is amazing. Keep at it, seriously! I'm excited to see how far you'll go with this!
A few questions: Are those packs from the pictures on the first page real, like did you make them yourself somehow into real packs or is it some kind of amazing Photoshopping? Photoshopped.
Also, are the cards in the binder pictures actual printed cards from your set? (I'd be able to tell but I'm not in the mood to inspect a picture right now ha...) Also Photoshopped.

He's answered this so many times by now that I'm now doing it for him.

Back