TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux. New card: The angry pig monkey!

Raticate's artwork is tremendous. I like it! No criticism for these cards.

Flame Claw said:
I think the Raticate and Mankey are spot on there mate ;) For the basic blanks there's no need to upload PNGs as all that needs cutting out is a box which isn't too hard. It would be useful for the evolutions though :D

Actually, you wouldn't believe the amount of compression/jpeg artifact when saving as jpegs on Photobucket. Just look at the blanks I've got on there now -- look at my watermark on the bottom.

That's not jpgs, that Photobucket - it buggers up the quality of everything which is why I don't use it anymore :p

Haha yeah I guess that's true, but I don't trust Imageshack for the life of me; even with an account stuff tends to...disappear...within the year. Photobucket's quality of PNGs isn't too bad (just a barely noticeable desaturation).

Besides dA, any recommendations?

Erm... dA? That would work :p Do you have a DA? Cascade put his blanks in his scraps, that would work.

Nope, I don't want to use dA. :) I DO have one, but I'm not planning on using it.

Pidgeotto is up!

RE: Neo Redux. New card: Attack of the birds!

Geez, these are good. Every part of the card just looks so good. YOu also have an excellent choice of artwork, Keep it up!

Nice pick on the pidgeot pic. It fits the other two nicely.
As 6-D said, these ARE good.

You've done the thing that has been impossible for generations... to make bird Pokémon look cool. Good job mate ;) Lovin' the Pidgeot especially :p

Haha thanks guys! It's my hope to make even the most blah 'mons look somewhat interesting. I'm currently coming up with certain traits for each custom type (I know, I know...kind of late in the game), a la discarding Energy for Fire, status effects for Grass, etc. etc. Should be interesting. I also have a type chart as for weakness/resistance for single types that will give most every type a type that's weak to it (to make it somewhat balanced). Resistance will only happen in cases of immunity or double resistance. So there is definitely a system in place.

I apologize for this bland sort of post but I feel like I should update everyone on the status of the set and what's going on behind the scenes!

Yep -- the best resource by far, and the majority of artists are happy to have their work featured.

Anyway, sorry about the lack of updates today (and in advance for the next few days). I'll be working 10-hour days, so I may be exhausted when I get home!

Heeeeere's Johnny. And by Johnny, I really mean Mewtwo.

Nice mewtwo! Good work. I have a sorta important thing to mention to you, but I'll Pm it.

RE: Neo Redux. New card: The first gen's powerhouse!

these continue to amaze me. IMO like, the best/second best fakes on the beach.

Other than the guy's watermark on the Mewtwo image itself this looks perfect ;) I'm not sure but I think in Genetic Manipulation it should be "opponent's Evolved Pokémon" instead of "opponent's evolved Pokémon" - might be worth a check - but other than that I love it ;)

Flame Claw said:
Other than the guy's watermark on the Mewtwo image itself this looks perfect ;) I'm not sure but I think in Genetic Manipulation it should be "opponent's Evolved Pokémon" instead of "opponent's evolved Pokémon" - might be worth a check - but other than that I love it ;)

You're sort of right -- newer cards capitalize "Evolved Pokémon," but as evidenced by Base's Devolution Spray and Neo Discovery's Hyper Devolution Spray, older cards don't capitalize it. I was surprised at first, too, haha, but I wasn't sure how to word it at first anyway so I looked it up. Thanks for mentioning it, though FC!

Destroyedsteak is a wonderful artist. his art and your fakes go well together.

Thanks, LORDY JONES! DestroyedSteak is actually an artist duo. Check them out on dA; I linked it above.

EDIT: The (in)famous first gen annoyance has now been Redux-ified: Zubat! Hopefully I got it's irritating qualities across -- yay status effects!

Back