Finished Name That Team - R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Name That Team - R2

Manetric and Electivire both have DW abilities (Plus Manetric can have static.) so we can't eliminate them based on Lightningrod and Motor Drive they could still have their DW abilities or Static in manetric's case.

Well, I don't think there's much point stalling any further, so I'm going to go ahead and try Guess 3;

PMJ, we think this is your team:
Azumarill
Meloetta
Mamoswine
Swalot
Muk
Garbodor

If one of them is correct, the next thing to do is probably guess two psychics; if we get them right we have a 50/50 shot at the final Electric. Wrong means two 50/50 shots but oh well.

If they're all wrong, then we have more space for the final; we can get 5/6 guarenteed but a 1/3 chance for the psychic (Poi/Elec/Psy, followed by the other poison, the other electric and 1/3 psychics), or we can coin flip one of them for a safer guess on the psychic (Psy/Psy/[Elec or poi], followed by a flip on the unguessed and the other psychic. both are pretty bad. Of course, we can go for the guarenteed Psy/Psy/Psy and get the psychic but that's the same situation, coin flip for two choices.

Azumarill is on the team.
Meloetta is on the team.
Mamoswine is on the team.

Swalot is not on the team.
Muk is not on the team.
Garbodor is on the team.

Two guesses remain.

Well, coin flip time.

PMJ, we think this is your team:
Azumarill
Meloetta
Mamoswine
Garbodor
Manectric
Espeon

1/4 chance now, then a 1/3 chance the next guess. Woohoo; it's exactly 50% chance of success or fail at this point.

Azumarill is on the team.
Meloetta is on the team.
Mamoswine is on the team.
Garbodor is on the team.

Manectric is not on the team.
Espeon is not on the team.

You do realise we only have one guess left of which one needs to be electric? And it's electivire, so... what are you doing? ._.

I humbly implore PMJ to ignore said guess.

LOL NO

Looks like I win a round for the first time in history

Houndoom is right, your missing Pokemon is Vital Spirit Electivire

I'll have R3 specs up shortly

RE: Name That Team - R3

This round's kinda easy. kgo

Bonus points if you guys can figure it out before bacon does.

so we have a ghost, a dragon, and no non-dialga steels. We also have a flying type or levitate pokemon. Interestingly enough, Giratina-O covers all of our immunities and dragon weakness.

No steel or rock because there is no normal resistance. No dark or grounds either.

Puff-Sun said:
so we have a ghost, a dragon, and no non-dialga steels. We also have a flying type or levitate pokemon. Interestingly enough, Giratina-O covers all of our immunities and dragon weakness.

Gengar, Haunter, Mismagius, and Misdreavus (can) cover all of the immunities as well. but not the dragon weakness :F

Oh, and we have a water type as well, and it isn't Lanturn, Swampert, or Gastrodon.

Well, time for me to get to work.
Dragon weakness
Poison weakness
No Steel weakness (kinda derp useless)
No Dragon resistance
Probably 1 Ghost around, with two psychics (at the least)
Ground immune, which could mean anything
No normal resist (kills rocks absolutely)
Dark resist, means Fighting
Ground resist, Grass or Bug type
Resists missing; Dragon, Normal, Rock, Ghost, Flying. Dragon and normal are covered. Lack of Ghost resist proves nothing, Flying resist means Electric type missing in some manner.
Weakness missing; Fighting (could be useful), Steel, Normal (go figure).

I'm inclined to start with the Fighting type that isn't resistant to Rock. Fire/Fighting is an option, as is Bug. Flying nor Ice don't exist. Means Heracross or the starter Fires. We'll get back to that...

Poison weak doesn't give us much; there's nothing to compare it to.

With 4 resists in Fighting, and no weaks, that's interesting... Normals are gone, as are Steels, Darks and Rocks by virtue of their uniquities, then there's Ice. Ice's Steel weak is missing. Fighting resists come from Bugs, Fliers, Psychic and Poison; that basically lists most of the pokemon we have on the team.

Of them, Bug, Poison and Flying also resist Grass. Which again gets me nowhere. Man, I'm so lost :L

Two Psychics, a Ghost, a Fighter, a Grass, a Dragon, a Flier/Levitator... Two poisons. Interesting.

A fighting with Fire or Bug, two Poisons, two Psychics guarenteed. That's all I can bring out so far. The ghost may be part poison (hi there Gengar).

A water is also around, because the Grass weak is there. Flier might be there, might not, because we need the Rock and Ice weaks, but we also need the Electric weak alongside the Water.

So, a Water, Dragon, Grass, Ghost are hybrided with the poisons or psychics, or take the last slot. I need a giant table...

bacon went all logic on this game and got 2/6 on his first try, but not before he admitted he couldn't figure out the rest without using up at least one guess.

Come on, guys! You can do it!

I think I'm going to sit this round out after my horrible + disgraceful series of events last round.

Scratch that; I just will not be voting; ever.

Well, I think I have it but considering nobody else has said anything I'll follow bacon's lead. Feel free to continue guessing.

Or if you won't, well, let us know so we can move on to the next.

Yeah, I have it. It's possible to solve the puzzle by using two guesses (including the one where you submit your final answer). I slipped up a couple of times and had to start from scratch after making some silly mistakes mind you. P:

Probably the most useful fact in R3: Every Pokemon on the team is either resistant or weak to Bug. This comes in handy throughout the entire deduction!

I figured that it's important that four of the team are Fighting resistant, one is Ghost and the other is Dark resistant. So there's another hint.

As it were I didn't notice the bug thing until you said so. Should be obvious, if one looks at the typing.

In the interest of keeping things going I will declare bacon and Houndoom the sole winners of this round and move on.

RE: Name That Team - R4

New round. This one is a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back