Finished Name That Team - R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Name That Team - R2

Meloetta is not weak to fighting and takes up the ghost immunity. So if Meloetta is on the team there can't be another normal type so no fighting weakness.

Edit: This time I forgot about Mamoswine. Nevermind. And there would have to be a poison type because of the poison resist and it can't be ghost, steel, and ground because of immunities and can't be rock due to no normal resist.

Assuming this is supposed to be a real OU team, who would prefer Piloswine > Mamoswine?

5. Don't look at competitive viability when figuring out team members. If you figure out Drought Ninetales is on the team, don't start looking for Chlorophyll sweepers and sun abusers because chances are you won't find them. Team members are pretty much chosen arbitrarily.

Teal said:
Assuming this is supposed to be a real OU team, who would prefer Piloswine > Mamoswine?

Well, Piloswine can be used in an OU team, so it is an option on PMJ's team too. It's imperative to consider all possibilities.

So what do you guys think of this as a guess? Mamoswine,Azumarill,Meloetta,Luxray,Piloswine and Ampharos?

A couple of things. First:

- Meloetta-P will never be on a team because it doesn't exist out of battle.

Second:

PMJ, we think this is your team.
Azumarill
Mamoswine
Piloswine
Meloetta
Ampharos
Luxray

We still have 3 guesses after this so... wynaut.

Azumarill is on the team.
Mamoswine is on the team.
Piloswine is not on the team.
Meloetta is on the team.
Ampharos is not on the team.
Luxray is not on the team.

Three guesses remain.

SO we're still going off of The Yoshi's list to figure out what we have left. Neither of the pure electrics in NU were correct, this is intriguing.

zomg it's back and so am I

Now, this is probably going to take a hell of a lot longer for me because I am an entire generation behind and don't have the entire pokedex for memory anymore...

With confirmed entries, Azumarill, Mamoswine and Meloetta, that's the two UUs, and half the OUs (out of two derp). A Bug, Dark, Electric (no more waters or fliers without neutralisation), Fighting (no more lots-of-stuff), Grass (no more waters/grounds/rocks), the steel (no rocks/ices) and the water (no more blah I'll just list the results)

1 Bug
1 Dark
1 Ghost
2 Ground
1 Psychic

Huh. Not much to go around for 3.

Resistances... Fire goes, one Ice goes, a Poison, a Psychic, a steel, and a water. Man, that's not many.

1 Bug
1 Electric
2 Fighting
1 Flying
1 Grass
1 Poison
1 Psychic
1 Steel

Immunities are all gone.

Weaknesses are probably more reliable at this point. Bug weak means a Psychic or Grass; Grass needs a secondary to remove the ice, fire, flying and poison weak, which is impossible from basically everything. Poison resists in Rock/Ground/Steel are inviable from lack of immunes, so Grass/Rock has to be neutral to Ice; of which no (Cradily, such an amusing pokemon) such exist. Hence, it has to be psychic.

Psychic doesn't bring up any red alerts; it also is a reaaaaaaaaaally big pool. We'll probably have to get back to it.

That takes out the Bug Dark and Ghost weak. Also the Fighting and Psychic resist, leaving...
Weaknesses:
2 Ground
1 Psychic

Resistances:
1 Bug
1 Electric
1 Fighting
1 Flying
1 Grass
1 Poison
1 Steel

Well that's awkward. Electric is most likely. It'd kill the Flying, Elec and Steel resists, but it might be hybrid, though it's awkward that we have so many resistances left for the other guy; two weaknesses, with a bunch more resistances.

I feel like I missed something on the resistances list.

EDIT: Thick Fat Mamoswine, no wonder the fire weak was missing.

I think Garbodor could be a possible candidate for NU. It fulfills the Fighting and Bug resistances, and the ground and psychic weaknesses. Actually any mono-poison might work. Also, there must be an Electric, Dragon, or Grass type on the team because of the Electric resistance. We already tried the mono-Electrics in OU...how about Jolteon for the last OU? So something like

Meloetta
Azumarill
Jolteon
Mamoswine
Garbodor
??? (RU)

Obviously not a guess. Let's see what else we have here. If my guesses are correct:

Tiers

2 OU
2 UU
1 RU
1 NU

Weaknesses

2 Bug 1 Bug
2 Dark 1 Dark
1 Electric
1 Fighting
1 Ghost
1 Grass
2 Ground 1 Ground
1 Psychic
1 Steel
1 Water

Resistances

1 Bug
1 Electric
2 Fighting 1 Fighting
1 Fire
1 Flying
1 Grass
2 Ice 1 Ice
2 Poison
2 Psychic 1 Psychic
2 Steel
1 Water

Immunities

1 Electric
1 Ghost
1 Grass

Ahh so close. I think either one of these Pokemon could be options, though.

Just for the record, no dragon weaknesses, therefore no dragon types on the team. (cos only dragon that is non-weak to dragon is Dialga, and 0 ubers.)'

and I don't think the combination of weak to Bug, Dark, Ghost, as well as Ground and Steel is possible. In order for that it would have to be Psychic/Rock, which doesn't exist.

Steel weak is Mamoswine.

Okay, so it's a monoelectric and a monopoison, which is helpful. Clears all resistances and weaknesses.

Poison is probably easiest to determine. Or not. All six are NU. One is Weezing; auto-kick, but the rest are completely random... We have an OU and an RU for the electric and psychic. The three RU Psychics are all Levitators (how coincidental), so the Electric is RU; Electivire or Manectric.

Psychic has a choice of four, Poisons a choice of five, electrics a choice of two. We're kinda stuck here; we're better off hoping our guesses are wrong rather than getting it right, because it limits our ability to narrow.

I have to be explicit here. DO NOT guess the electric. We have to eventually, but at this point the 1/4 and 1/5 are much more pressing.

Should there be a steel weakness left since we have Mamoswine?

Edit: Ninjas, ninjas everywhere.
So there is also a pure psychic type, but the Ice resistance.

Ice resist in both Mamoswine and Azumarill. Ground/Ice is neutral to Ice so Thick Fat is now a resistance. Water naturally resists.

Going through all iterations we're probably not going to get this one. Having 5 of the NU poison and 4 of the OU Psychic means there's no way to get them both in the last three guesses, especially if the Electric is still variable. We have three slots to guess with. None of the previous ones are helpful either.

Our choices for Electric, RU;
Electrivire
Manectric

Psychic, OU:
Deoxys-D
Espeon
Alakazam
Reuniclus

Poison, NU:
Arbok
Muk
Swalot
Seviper
Garbodor

Our prospects of succeeding is 20% at best.

And finally I would like to make a point; never make a guess until you have a finite pool of pokemon. Guessing randomly is a very losing proposition if the choices were never viable, and that's assuming you even check the specs out in the first place. And because of the rule that got rid of the trick I used to take advantage of (using a six-team guess to narrow down a high number of pokemon) we're better off getting more useful wrongs than getting some right.

EDIT: My apologies, I didn't bother reading especially closely. The strategy (for the sap sippers) was sound but unforunately this team had a bigger problem in the number of undistinguishable psychics and poisons that are viable. It was avoidable but admittedly not entirely forseeable for this; it's possible to have limited the potiental sap sippers to two using the information we had to start.

Okay, with the 3 that are for sure, we have left a pure electric, psychic, and poison.

TPO3 said:
Psychic/Rock ... doesn't exist.

337.png

inb4 rock/psychic
inb4 op can't inb4
inb4 lrn2inb4

I'm pretty sure that Manectric and Electivire have an immunity to Electric types because of their respective abilities (Lightningrod + Motor Drive), so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back