Finished Name That Team, Gen VI Edition (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It's back--again--by popular demand because I want it to be, AGAIN: NAME THAT TEAM :>

How to play
Using a list of a team's tier placements, weaknesses, resistances, and immunities, determine the members of that team.

Team Selection Guidelines

1. Smogon tiers only: http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/
- For the purposes of this game, assume all BL Pokemon are UU, and all BL2 Pokemon are RU.
- For the purposes of this game, every Pokemon's Dream World ability is viable for selection, even if it hasn't officially been released.
- Until the Kalos natives have been tiered, you will receive "Gen 6" as a tiering hint.
-- If a Mega Evolution is present on a team, it will be tiered as Gen 6 instead of its standard tier (i.e. Mega Blastoise would be listed as Gen 6 instead of UU).

2. Teams will always have six Pokemon.
- NFE Pokemon may be valid team selection choices if they appear in the tier listing. (The NFE tier will never be used, however.)
-- Only fully evolved Kalos natives are eligible, however, until they receive official Smogon tiering.

3. Species clause is in effect.

4. Once a Pokemon has been correctly guessed, it must be included in all future guesses for those guesses to be considered legit. If any previously revealed team member is not in the current guess, the entire guess will be marked wrong.

5. You get five guesses max. If you don't guess all six members correctly within five guesses, I win.

6. Guesses must be properly formatted to be counted as a guess. See below.

How to guess

Put this anywhere in your post:

PMJ, we think this is your team:

Poke1

Then I will reply with which Pokemon, if any, are part of the team, and relay how many guesses you guys have left.

Misc. tips

1. For the purposes of this game, a weakness is any type that does at least 150% damage or more. Conversely, a resistance is any type that does 50% damage or less. An immunity, obviously, is any type that does no damage.
- A Pokemon with Dry Skin is not weak to Fire.

2. This is a team game, and the teams are everyone vs. me. Work together. You can use any research you like in your search for answers.

3. If a Pokemon has a double weakness to a type, it will be listed only once.
- ex. A team of Butterfree, Ledian, Yanmega, Beautifly, Vivillon, and Mega Pinsir would only show 6 Rock weaknesses, not 12

4. If a Pokemon has two Mega Evolutions, you must distinguish between the two if you believe it is part of the team.

5. Each team member will have a specific ability, the same as if you were actually building this team. Keep that in mind when determining weaknesses and resistances. A Ninetales with Flash Fire is immune to Fire, but one with Drought is not.

6. Don't look at competitive viability when figuring out team members. If you figure out Drought Ninetales is on the team, don't start looking for Chlorophyll sweepers and sun abusers because chances are you won't find them. Team members are pretty much chosen arbitrarily.

7. Post freely. The point is to work together, so you can post whatever you want. Not every post has to be a guess.

And that's pretty much it. Once the round ends, I post new team specs and the game begins anew.

Can you Name That Team?

Round 1 solution: Avalugg / Delphox / Aromatisse / Dragalge / Barbaracle / Carbink

Here are the specs for round 2:

Tiers

1 Uber
2 OU
2 NU
1 Gen 6

Weaknesses

1 Bug
1 Electric
1 Fairy
4 Fighting
1 Fire
1 Flying
1 Ghost
2 Grass
4 Ground
1 Poison
1 Psychic
1 Rock
2 Steel
3 Water

Resistances

2 Bug
2 Dark
1 Dragon
1 Electric
1 Fairy
1 Fighting
3 Fire
3 Flying
1 Ghost
1 Grass
2 Ice
2 Normal
1 Poison
2 Psychic
1 Rock
3 Steel
1 Water

Immunities

1 Dragon
1 Electric
1 Ghost
1 Poison
1 Psychic
1 Water

Immunities mean that there are:
-a Fairy
-a Ground
-a Normal
-a Steel
-a Dark
-a Pokemon with either: Storm Drain or Water Absorb

I feel I need to correct you slightly.

1 Dragon 1 Fairy-type
1 Electric 1 Ground-type, OR a Pokemon with Lightningrod or Motor Drive
1 Ghost 1 Normal-type
1 Poison 1 Steel-type
1 Psychic 1 Dark-type
1 Water 1 Pokemon with Water Absorb, Storm Drain, OR Dry Skin

Also, don't think that those are all the six. For all we know, his team has Bisharp on it.

...can't think more right now; getting breakfast

Just pointing out that we could also have something with Volt Absorb on top of Lightningrod/Motor Drive. Also want to remind everybody that unreleased DW abilities are in play, so things like Volt Absorb Raikou aren't out of the question.

Anyways, the first hing I notice on top of the lovely immunities are the 4 weaknesses to both Ground and Fighting. That. Is. A. Lot.

We also have ZERO weaknesses to Ice, so that means as far as our Electric-type immunity is concerned, any pure ground-type and any rock/ground-type and any dark/ground-type can be marked off the list. Therefore, unless our Ground-type is either Excadrill, Mamoswine, or Piloswine, our Electric immunity will not be doubled with a Fighting weakness. (Can't be Steelix because we have zero RU pokemon on the team)

FORGOT VOLT ABSORB ty

Also I should note that there are 4 Fighting and 4 Ground weaknesses. This means, there are at minimum 2 Pokemon weak to Fighting AND Ground, assuming minimum overlap.

2 Steel weaknesses implies 2 out of Rock, Ice, or Fairy types, and we know we have exactly 1 Fairy-type (due to the 1 Dragon immunity), though it could be something like Azumarill, which could be accounted for. I'm not hip to tier lists as I'd like =/

The 1 Poison weakness is also a hint, meaning that, if there are any Grass-types, they're paired with something else. But since there is only 1 Fire weakness, which matches up with the Steel type, it's a fair bet there are no Grass-types.

Could Mawile/Mega Mawile be in there? That would account for the Dragon and Poison immunities, and given that it's PMJ who's running this thing, I wouldn't put it past him to include it in a round. I don't have any other guesses at the moment, but I'll keep brainstorming and let you guys know if I find something else.

Omg, I got so bloody close.

1. Houndoom (I know, it's UU)
2. Excadrill (Ubers)
3. Heliolisk (Gen 6)
4. Terrakion (OU)
5. Mr Mime (NU)
6. Water Absorb Politoed (OU)

There just that flying resist sticking out.
Hope this information helps someone (this is not a guess).

narrowing down the Water immunity:
(taking tiers into account)

could possibly be:
Lumineon (NU) Storm Drain
Gastrodon (OU) Storm Drain
-Seismitoad (NU)
-Water Absorb Politoed (OU)
-Water Absorb Vaporeon (OU)
-Lapras (NU) Water Absorb

Narrowing down the Fairy:
-cannot be Mawile due to there being 1 Poison weakness
-cannot be Togekiss due to no Ground immunity