Writing Mysteries of the Forgotten Island (Author Address - August 14)

RE: Mysteries of the Forgotten Island: a character-submission Pokémon tournament (now looking for contestants!)

Yeah, if I get more 1st characters that bump the number of total characters over 16, I'll just randomize who gets to stay and who gets kicked off.

That said, thanks for creating more characters to help fill the roster, guys. :D It'll be exciting to see how this turns out.

RE: Mysteries of the Forgotten Island: a character-submission Pokémon tournament (now looking for contestants!)

Here's another one from me.

Names: Claire and Clyde

Class: Twins

Home: Snowpoint City, Sinnoh

Pokemon: Curie the Gourgheist (Claire), Duke the Trevenant (Clyde)

Pokemon's Strength: Sp. Attack (Curie), Attack (Duke)

Pokemon's Weaknesses: Attack (Curie), Sp. Attack (Duke)

Pokemon's Signature Move: Curie - Trick-or-Treat, Sludge Bomb; Duke - Forest's Curse, Shadow Claw

Trainers' Appearence: Claire - medium brown hair in in a ponytail, light skin, casual in manner, jeans, t-shirt, sweater, etc.; Clyde - dirty blond hair, cut faily long, light skin, dresses in sports gear, athletic shirt, athletic shorts, sneakers, etc.

Trainers' Backstory: The twins were born in Snowpoint City. Despite being twins, they were nothing alike. Claire was a musician. She played the oboe and was very good at it. She practiced very hard practically 24-7. The would play for hours on end and eventually made a sound that even outdid some professionals. She was said to be on her way to becoming the world's best. On the other end of the spectrum was Clyde. He was an absolute jock. He always wanted to be the best at sports, though he wasn't actually that good. He was very popular, but some people worried about what he would do after high school. When they were starting middle school, their aunt from Kalos gave them their very first pokemon. Claire got a pumkaboo and named it after a female leader of whom she admired, Madam Curie. Clyde got a phantump and named it Duke. They were very competative amongst each other with these pokemon. In HS, they would fiercly battle each other whenever they had time to prove which one was better, jock or geek. Junior year, there was a ton of pressure on them. They fell to each other and decided to move forth on a whole new path, pokemon battling. They realized that their pokemon very well supported each other and became very sucessful. By what would be senior year, they had set out on a journey to become masers of the tag team.

Trainers' Favorite Food: Claire likes certain berries, Clide likes lots of meat.

Trainers' Worst Fear: Having their team be somehow split

Battle Style: Tag Team: Have x pokemon hit target x pokemon with the type changing move and y do the same to target y, then have x hit target y with the now super effective move and have y do the same to target x (if that makees any sense at all)

Where were your trainers and what were they doing when they got the inviation? How did they get to Route 8?: The twins were visiting their aunt in Couriway Town. They wanted to thank her and show her their evolved pokemon. She had one letter and she gave it to them. They biked to Cyllage hoping that they could both compete as one.

Awesome creative use of a trainer class, I love it! :D

Seems we're at 14 now, excellent! TwistigTurtwig hasn't shown back up with his character yet, and we might still get a final sign-up, so I think I'm going to leave this open for another day, and then close it tomorrow at 8:00am my time (23:43 from the timestamp of this post).

Looks like I"ll be making up 0-2 characters *and* we'll have a full roster, very exciting! :D

Aaaaaaaand done! I had to condense a lot of the information about my OC, and it's probably still a bit too long, but I'm finished.

Name: Jeremy Haddon
Class: Ace Trainer
Home: Eterna City (I just realized how many characters there are originating from Eterna, but whatever)
Pokémon: Hopkins the Sableye
Pokémon's Strength: Speed and Evasion
Pokémon's Weakness: Defenses
Pokémon's Signature Move: Shadow Claw (also knows Power Gem, Detect, and Ice Punch)
Trainer's Appearance: Jeremy is seventeen years old, a little bit shorter than the average height for a person of his age, and is thinner than most. His dark brown hair is always neatly combed, and his green eyes are complimented by a pair of rectangular spectacles.
Trainer's History/Backstory: Jeremy is very bright for his age, and has always been, even as a small child. He constantly, if not obsessively needs to learn new things, and consequently gets bored easily. On the other hand, he isn't that creative of an individual, and has the artistic talent of a stick of butter. He tries to keep a serious face most of the time, but if something stirs up his emotions, they end up showing. Jeremy tends to keep many things to himself, and at times may seem cold, but this is just because of his need for secrecy.
Jeremy was born in the outskirts of Eterna City, close to the edge of Mt. Coronet. As Jeremy got older, he began to travel to Oreburgh with his older brother, who worked in the mines. On one trip, when he was looking at the exhibits in the museum, he met Roark, the Oreburgh Gym Leader. Roark took him under his wing, and allowed him to help out with the gym every so often. Even after reaching the age of ten, Jeremy decided to hold off from starting his Pokemon journey. He continued to study under Roark, and even aided the curator of the museum at times. Finally, when Jeremy turned thirteen, he was given a Claw Fossil from Roark. They resurrected it, and Jeremy gained his first Pokemon, an Anorith. Just for fun, Roark challenged him to a battle. Somehow, against all odds, Jeremy was able to win, and Roark gave him an honorary Sinnoh League Badge. With the adrenaline from the rush of the battle in him, he pledged from that day on to complete the whole Gym Challenge.
Jeremy bid farewell to his mother, father, and brother, and with backpack in hand and Maloc the Anorith on shoulder, set out from Eterna. He went around on his journey, fighting trainers and capturing new members for the team. He even had a couple of run-ins with Team Galactic; once they nearly got away with his Budew, Carolina! It took him two years, but he finally managed to secure his last badge in frigid Snowpoint City. However, there was still the Elite Four and Champion, the strongest trainers in all of Sinnoh. During his challenge, he was able to defeat Aaron, then Bertha, and even Flint, but when it came to Lucian, Jeremy's Pokemon were all just too exhausted from their previous battles, and his entire team was swept by Lucian's Espeon. Disheartened by his loss, Jeremy decided to settle back down in Eterna City with his family again, but it wasn't long before he felt the call of adventure, and just like that, he was off again. He refrained from taking any other official challenges, and has been spending most of his time traveling with his teammates and meeting new faces.
Trainer's Favourite Food: Mostly anything, but one of his favorites is chilled Razz berries from a farm run by a distant cousin of his.
Trainer's Worst Fear: Jeremy has a chronic fear of almost all Bug type Pokemon, stemming from a near-fatal experience involving a Wurmple in Eterna Forest. After getting too close to its poison spikes, Jeremy became poisoned, and was only saved because a hiker happened to be passing by, who rushed him to a hospital. The poison also severely impaired his eyesight, so without his glasses, he is nearly blind. Ironically, his first Pokemon, Maloc, was a Bug type.
Battle Style: When using Hopkins during a battle, Jeremy likes to keep the Sableye always one step ahead of his opponent's Pokemon. He utilizes Hopkins's agility to the max, making sure that he stays just out of reach of the opponent, because he knows that the he won't be able to take too many direct hits.
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8? Jeremy was on his way to Oreburgh City, returning from a trip to the Sinnoh underground to go fossil hunting when he noticed a Machop carrying a sealed letter. Opening it, he read the invitation, and almost immediately packed his bags. Because he only was allowed one of his Pokemon, he ended up deciding to bring Hopkins along, leaving the rest of the team with his parents, and boarded a ship for Kalos's west coast.

Awesome, thanks!

This should bring us to 15, woohoo! I'll make up a last character to toss in and post it here later today, then start working on the actual write-up of the tournament, with the first part probably posted up sometime today or tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy it. :)

I plan on alternating between working on this and writing my other fanfiction story throughout the month of November.

And here's my entered character, just so we're all on the same page:

Name: Idalia
Class: Aroma Lady
Home: Cerulean City
Pokémon: A male Bellsprout named Alec
Pokémon's Strength: Alec relies on his Speed to win battles
Pokémon's Weakness: Alec's Attack stack is very weak, so he replies on status-changing and Special Attack moves.
Pokémon's Signature Move: Alec likes to poison his opponents, then finish them off with Venoshock
Trainer's Appearance: Idalia is a short, willowy woman with long green hair that she usually wears pulled back in a braid. Her skin is very strong and tanned from a life living under the sun.
Trainer's History/Backstory: Idalia left her home to become a Pokémon Trainer at a young age, but gave up when gym battling proved too difficult for her. She tried to release all of her Pokémon, but one of them chose to stay with her, a young Bellsprout that Idalia had caught but never battled with. Rather than go back home to Cerulean and face her family's disappointment, she decided to stay and live in the forests, as camping had been her favourite part of being a Trainer in the first place. Idalia and Alec made a nice life for themselves in the Viridian Forest, making medicines and food for Pokémon, and occasionally indulging a young traveling trainer in a Pokémon battle. When they got tired of Viridian Forest, they decided to move on, and have since spent their lives traveling to different forests in various regions, meeting new Pokémon.
Trainer's Favourite Food: Grapes! Alec likes them, too.
Trainer's Worst Fear: Idalia is terrified of Ghost-type Pokémon.
Battle Style: status-changing
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8? Idalia and Alec and just settled in to Santalune Forest and were in the process of constructing a shelter when a young Weedle dropped by with the invitation impaled on its horn. Idalia wasn't particularly interested in the money (or at least, that's what she told herself), but curiosity about the tournament and why she was selected made her decide to attend.

RE: Mysteries of the Forgotten Island

Doesn't look like I'll have enough time to write even the intro today, let alone the first match, but I did setup the first tournament bracket and roll my lucky teal dice to figure out the winners of the first round. Should be some interesting matches, can't wait to write them! :D Hope to have the first batch up tomorrow, then, so stay tuned!

When a character loses a round, will that pretty much delete them from the story? Or will they stick around the whole time doing who-knows-what?

Characters that lose rounds will definitely still be present in the story. Some updates will be about the rounds of the tournament, others will be focused on those characters who are no longer participating. I hope to give attention to all the individual characters as much as possible; after all, seeing their character's actions, successes, and failures is what makes these kinds of stories the most interesting for those who follow along. There will be plenty of excitement for everyone involved, whether they've been eliminated or not. :D

I'm also willing to take bets on who guys think will win or lose.

I'm gonna guess who wins in the first round :3

Me thinks:

Luckyfire / Kayla
Drohn / Wynand
Keeper of Night / William Conor
TwistedTurtwig / Jeremy Haddon
James86134 (2nd) / Simian
PMJ (2nd) / Lisa Marie Callimede
DrEspeon (2nd) / Claire and Clyde
Artemis / Idalia

That these people will be part of the second round :3

Also, who my two characters battle in the first round:

Leon v. Claire and Clyde
Simian v. Terra

:p

inb4 both my characters fight r1

PMJ said:
inb4 both my characters fight r1

I actually had kind of hoped this would happen, same with Twiggy's characters. :p

Introduction, Part 1 is here! I didn't quite finish the full introduction yet, but I figure this is long enough for now. Part 2 should be posted up tomorrow and will show the tournament bracket for the first round of the tournament.

Introduction, Part 1: A Flat Tire, the Beach, and the Woman with Strange Eyes

Terra Reynolds looked out the window and sighed. She was slumped in a very unladylike manner against the door frame, but there was no one to see her and chide her for her behavior. Both bodyguards that she had been unceremoniously dumped with were both outside the limousine, cursing under their breath as they worked to change the back flat tire. They probably thought she couldn’t hear them, but she’d cracked a window for some fresh air and almost immediately got a blast of profanity so unscrupulous it would make a sailor blush.

Father doesn’t exactly hire the smartest people, does he, she thought to herself. She’d tried to talk them into letting her go on her own, or at least traveling by foot, but neither of them would even consider it. That was how they found themselves stuck with a flat tire in the middle of Connecting Cave, a place no limousine really had any place to be driving in the first place.

She sighed again as she looked at her watch, a once-dainty piece of silver and crystals that was now scratched and dented from heavy use. It was almost noon; surely she would be late for the tournament. She considered calling out to the bodyguards to hurry up, but figured it would be of no use.

Finally, the back end of the limousine fell back level as the new tire was fitted into place. One guard resumed his seat behind the driver’s wheel, while the other joined her in back. “Sorry about that, m’lady,” he apologized, “but we’ll be back on the road in no time at all.”

Terra looked coolly at the man and then resumed watching out the window, finding more enjoyment in the fluttering of the Zubats than in conversation with either of her father’s men. They’d earned such apathy when they refused to let her help with the tire, and now she was probably going to be late on their watch as well.

The driver got the car in gear and continued pulling through the cave, driving more slowly and carefully than he had been before the tire popped. Soon, they were on the roads of Cyllage, and Terra was able to amuse herself idly by watching the buildings and people of the coastal city. She had never traveled to this side of Kalos before, so she enjoyed the sights as the limo navigated the winding streets before heading south down the coast.

She plucked nervously at the red scarf around her neck as she saw a large crowd of people and an even larger ship coming into view. If the boat was still here, that meant she wasn’t too late, but that also meant facing all those people like she was now. She gulped down her anxiety and smoothed nonexistent wrinkles out of her dress, hoping in vain that she would at least get a private room at the tournament location to escape and be herself.

The limousine pulled right up to the crowd and then through it, the driver barely waiting for people to step aside before driving up further. From her position in the back seat, Terra could clearly tell that the crowd was split into two groups: a cluster of contestants in the middle and a ring of observers all around, with space between. As the limo pulled up closer, she saw a young trainer with an orange and black cap walk up behind one of the waiting contestants and pluck something out of his back pocket before slipping in among the rest of the contestants.

She was about to mention the incident to the bodyguard in the backseat with her, but the limo suddenly came to a halt and both guards left the vehicle, the driver coming back to open the door for her to exit. Self-consciously, she smoothed her dress again before stepping out of the vehicle, her eyes traveling over the other contestants. The group was about evenly split between boys and girls, and most seemed to be around her age. There were a few who might be younger, and a few that were definitely including a rather disheveled man and three women with very bright hair.

All of the contestants turned to stare right back at her, and she knew in that moment that, not only had she been late, but she had been keeping the others waiting for her. They had probably already written her off as an arrogant, wealthy trainer with no common sense, and she had to bite her tongue to stop from saying anything, conscious of the two bodyguards standing on either side of her.

Everyone’s attention was soon taken up, however, by activity from the boat, which until then had just been waiting peacefully by the dock. A ramp extended and a woman disembarked, walking quickly and purposefully towards the gathering. Dressed in a royal blue women’s business suit and heels, she had thick, shiny brown hair pulled back in a large bun; flawless skin; and a wide, cold smile. There seemed to be something weird about her eyes, and as she neared the crowd, Terra was able to tell what it was. Instead of having a coloured iris and a black pupil, the woman’s irises were pure black with white dots for pupil. It was probably just contacts, or some kind of disease or defect, but the woman’s eyes still made Terra shudder.

“Welcome, everyone!” the woman called out with a loud voice the moment she reached the head of the crowd. Everyone else had involuntarily stepped back, making plenty of room for her. “Thank you all for choosing to show up for this tournament. You have no idea how much this means, to me, and to our mutual benefactor, the wonderful Mr. Diamant.” As she mentioned his name, she raised her hands and began to applaud, with the rest of the gathering reluctantly joining in. Terra gave a few halfhearted claps, but then fell silent.

The woman then gestured behind herself to the ship. “This is the transport Mr. Diamant has provided for you. If the contestants would please grab their bags and follow me; your invitation will need to be shown in order to board.”

Without another word, the woman spun on her heels and turned back towards the ship, one hand raised like a tour guide. Terra looked over at her guards and was pleased to see that they already had grabbed her luggage from the trunk of the limo. Ordinarily, she might have objected to taking three full suitcases as wasteful, but she had taken the opportunity to hide some of her own preferred clothing and tools in between the various dresses, scarves, and hair decorations. For once, her parents’ opulence had worked in her favour.

She walked carefully through the sand to the dock, careful not to trip and fall. She had been trained in how to walk in high heels from an early age, but they still weren’t meant to be used on a walk through a beach, and she placed each foot carefully before picking up the other and taking another step. Meanwhile, her guards were rushing ahead, practically knocking down the other contestants in their desire to see her to the dock. She blushed and would have smacked herself in the face at their stupidity if she didn’t have to use both hands to hold her dress above the sand.

Finally, she reached the dock and was ushered up the ramp by one of the guards. The other was busy holding back the other contestants so she could enter first. Terra blushed again but kept her sigh on the inside, walking gracefully up the gangplank to the ship. The woman with the strange eyes was waiting at the top, standing at the edge of the boat. “May I have your invitation please?” she asked, once again smiling broadly.

Terra pulled out her invitation out of her handbag and handed it to the woman. “Here you go, ma’am,” she said with a curtsy.

The woman looked at the invitation blankly, turning it around in the light. When she held it in the sunlight at just the right angle, a small hologram popped out of the invitation, a diamond-shape with a large X over it and some writing that Terra couldn’t quite identify. The sight of the hologram put the woman at ease, and she carefully placed the invitation in a pocket of her jacket. “I will also need to take your Holo Caster, Xtransceiver, PokéEtch, PokéNav, PokéGear, tablet, laptop, or any other communication device you have on you.”

“M-My Holo Caster?” Terra eyes went wide. “But why would you want that?”

“Unfortunately, my master’s machines disrupt the signals these devices need to operate, so they will not function properly on the island. In fact, they may even malfunction and cause harm to you, so I will keep them in a safe place for you until you are ready to head back to the mainland.”

“But the disruption of cellular signals shouldn’t cause any kind of malfunction like that,” Terra protested. “It doesn’t make any sense that –”

“While you are on the island, we have provisions for alternate communication for you,” the woman continued, completely ignoring and cutting off Terra’s protests. “It runs on radio waves, so it will be unaffected by the difficulties. If you wish to compete in the tournament, you must comply.”

Terra pursed her lips, but dutifully pulled the Holo Caster out of her handbag and handed it over to the woman. With a smile, the woman stepped back, allowing Terra to enter the ship, her guards trailing behind.

Or maybe not the guards, after all. As soon as Terra’s feet hit the deck of the ship, the woman slipped back into place in front of the ramp, blocking the entrance of the two bodyguards. “May I have your invitations, please?”

The guards scoffed. “We don’t have any,” the one who had been her driver replied. “We’re here with Miss Reynolds, the young woman you just allowed on board.”

“I’m sorry, but spectators are not invited. You may only board the ship if you are participating in the tournament.”

Terra stopped and held her breath. Was it true? Would the bodyguards really not be allowed to accompany her on the trip? She dared not turn around to look, afraid the excitement on her face would give away her feelings to the men.

“We’re not bloody spectators!” The other guard protested. “We’re here to protect her and take care of her!”

“I assure you, your protection is unnecessary.” Despite the anger in the guard’s voice, the woman’s remained cool and even. “My master will make sure that none of the participants come to any harm or discomfort while they are in his care. Now, please, get out of the way so the rest of the contestants can enter.”

Terra heard a large splash, and then a few thumps on the deck of the boat. She finally turned around and saw the woman setting her luggage down on the deck, showing no strain despite the weight of the bags. “Here is your luggage, Miss Reynolds. Please wait in the common area of the ship while the rest of the contestants board,” the woman said, the same cold smile on her lips.

Justin stood at the foot of the ramp, watching as the little rich girl’s bodyguards argued with the woman on the boat. It was kind of funny, watching them get chewed out after their limo had kicked sand up in everyone’s faces driving through the sand like that. He hoped the girl would freak out when she found out her little butlers wouldn’t be allowed on the trip. It would serve her right.

He patted his back pocket with a contented sigh, just waiting for the riches this invitation would bring. He hadn’t been far away from Route 8 when he’d received it the other day, so he decided to camp out nearby and show up at the beach site nice and early. While his Braixen ran around enjoying the sand and sun, he perched on a rock and watched as the other contestants arrived.

The first one to arrive aside from him was a rather disheveled-looking older guy dressed in army cast-offs and trailed by a Simisage. Rather than arriving from the north like Justin would have expected, he had come from the direction of Ambrette Town in the south, just wandering aimlessly across the beach. When he saw where Justin had perched, he just nodded and dropped to the ground, his Simisage curling up behind him. Justin was afraid the guy might have died or something, but soon his chest was rising and falling regularly and he realized the guy had fallen asleep.

The next to arrive was a rather serious, if plain, teenager. He was almost at the beach when a grey-haired girl ran up behind him and jumped on his back. The two chatted together in what looked like surprised happiness before settling down on the sand, watching the waves while holding hands. Justin wasn’t sure if they were actually here for the tournament of if they were just a couple relaxing on the beach.

More and more people starting coming after that. A severe-looking woman with shockingly bright red hair stood aloofly to the side after her arrival by bike, but her face brightened when she saw a tall woman with purple hair arrive. The two quickly jogged towards each other and were soon chatting and laughing like old friends.

Most of the others seemed more solitary, though. An older woman with a dark green braid stayed far away on the sidelines, kneeling down and talking quietly with her Bellsprout. A pretty blonde girl in elegant clothes removed her shoes before walking across the sand and releasing her Pokémon into the water, a graceful Milotic. Nearby, a boat made anchor on a dock, releasing a younger girl onto the beach, an Empoleon that followed behind her, and a short, skinny teenage boy with his hands in his pockets. A young scientist flew down onto the beach gracefully on the back of an Altaria.

As more and more contestants arrived, other trainers started coming over as well, wondering what the general excitement was about. Justin was happy to share, telling them about the tournament with the staggering large amount of prize money. Some of the trainers thought it was a hoax, but then another contestant arrived from the direction of Ambrette Town and joined the conversation. He was wearing a bright red leather jacket, an amused smirk, and a Kecleon on his shoulder, and he showed the kids his invitation as well.

“And if you hold it in the sun just right,” the man tilted the card and a hologram popped into existence, hovering over the surface of the invitation, “you get that. Pretty fancy hologram, too fancy for a hoax if you ask me.”

Justin’s eyes bugged out. “How’d you find that?”

The man chuckled. “Coincidence, actually. I was reading the card in the sunlight and it just popped out. Seems to be a logo for ‘Diamant Industries’, but if that’s a real company, it’s not one I’ve ever heard of.”

A real crowd was starting to gather now, and Justin and the man walked closer to the shore, nearer to the other contestants. A smiling young man with a Charizard was chatting with a bunch of girls that had come up to watch. Another boat had pulled up and was in the process of disgorging a rather grim young man with short brown hair and a dark expression followed by a playful Breloom.

Justin glanced at his Holo Caster. It was getting late into the morning, their transportation should be here soon. Some of the other contestants were beginning to chat with each other, the man with the red jacket showing the others the hologram he had found. It wasn’t long before another arrival pulled into the crowd, a pair of twins on bicycles looking nervous but excited. They were the ones that had spotted the large ship approaching the coast as they pulled up, and pointed it out to those waiting.

The ship had sat at anchor until the prissy late girl showed up, but it didn’t matter anymore, since the ramp was down and they would be leaving soon. Justin smiled, watching the twins as they had a discussion with the boat woman. It seemed like they only had one invitation but hoped to compete together as a single unit. The woman seemed skeptical but allowed them both on regardless.

As soon as they were on board, Justin stepped up proudly. He was almost the last to board; only the napping man was behind him in line and he was anxious to get going.

“May I have your invitation, please?” the woman asked him, smiling widely. She was very beautiful in a flawless sort of way, like a super model in a magazine and Justin had to break himself away to stop from staring at her as he reached into his back pocket to grab the invitation.

It was gone, his back pocket was empty.

“I don’t believe this,” he muttered to himself, feeling around his other jean pockets, and also the pockets in his jacket.

“Is there a problem?” The woman’s smiles drooped and she cocked her head, looking at him curiously.

“Just hold on a moment.” Justin pulled his backpack off his back and started rummaging through it, pulling out spare socks and Pokéballs as he felt around for the invitation.

“Hey, what’s the hold up?” the man behind him called up.

Justin had no words to respond. Every pouch in his bag turned up empty, no invitation to be found anywhere. “I can’t find it,” he finally admitted to the woman. “I lost my invitation.”

“I’m very sorry to hear that,” she responded, somehow sounding consoling without actually being apologetic, “but without an invitation, you cannot enter.”

Justin looked back up at her. “But it’s not my fault! I did get one, honest! This little Fletchling flew up to me and… ”

His voice trailed off as his gaze wandered over the ship. He saw a group of contestants smiling and talking to each other on the boat, and one of them looked oddly familiar. Is that… is that the trainer I beat yesterday, the one with the Chesnaught? How did he…

“He took it!” Justin shouted, pointing at the youngster on board the ship. “He took my invitation, I know it! He doesn’t deserve to be here, he’s just some punk kid and he stole my invitation from me!”

The group of contestants on board the ship looked over at Justin and the woman. They were too far away to have heard what he said, but they could tell there was a commotion of some sort.

“I’m very sorry to hear that, but without an invitation you cannot enter.” The woman grabbed onto Justin’s arm with fingers that felt as cold as steel and steered him towards the bottom of the ramp. “Please leave, or I will be forced to remove you.”

Remembering the sight of the rich girl’s bodyguards getting dumped off the ramp into the sea, Justin pulled out of her grasp. “Fine, I’ll go. Not like the kid is going to win the tournament anyway.” At the bottom of the ramp, he turned around and shouted back up towards the boat. “You hear that, you little punk! I hope you fail so badly, you’re laughed off the island!”

With a dejected sigh, Justin shouldered his backpack and headed back down Route Eight towards Cyllage City and the next gym.

RE: Mysteries of the Forgotten Island (Intro, Part 1)

Aww, poor Justin :(

But that's seriously a good intro Artemis! :D

I get the feeling that i'll be emotionally attached to every characters there, like i'm already attached with Terra now :)

Can't wait to read for more, keep up the great job!

Just a quick note to say that I did put a link to the Intro post in the OP and will continue to do so for all further updates as well.

>special occasion for skilled battlers
>secret island
>no outside communications allowed
>"don't worry, everyone will be safe, I swear"

Welp, here we go again

Artemis said:
I actually had kind of hoped this would happen, same with Twiggy's characters. :p

I'm hoping so, too. That would actually be really interesting considering that I've never made them fight in the story.

If you don't, I will. :D

but neither of them would even consider it. That was how they found themselves stuck with a flat tire in the

young trainer with an orange and black cap walk up behind one of the waiting contestants and pluck something out of his back pocket before slipping in among the rest of the contestants.

That would be Leon... Right?

and she placed each foot carefully before picking up the other and taking another step. Meanwhile,

“I will also need to take your Holo Caster, Xtransceiver, PokéEtch, PokéNav, PokéGear, tablet, laptop, or any other communication device you have on you.”

Oh yes of course. And I will also need to take your soul in return :3

The first one to arrive aside from him was a rather disheveled-looking older guy dressed in army cast-offs and trailed by a Simisage. Rather than arriving from the north like Justin would have expected, he had come from the direction of Ambrette Town in the south, just wandering aimlessly across the beach. When he saw where Justin had perched, he just nodded and dropped to the ground, his Simisage curling up behind him. Justin was afraid the guy might have died or something, but soon his chest was rising and falling regularly and he realized the guy had fallen asleep.

Oh, Simian. You so silly.

Just a few spelling mistakes, and my opinion on the intro of my next addiction :3

(I love it, a lot.)

PMJ said:
>special occasion for skilled battlers
>secret island
>no outside communications allowed
>"don't worry, everyone will be safe, I swear"

Welp, here we go again

Ooh, neat! I'll have to read through that at some point. :D

The basis for this story (ie, the stuff you mention above) intentionally comes from the other tournament-stories (QtEs) that I've been involved with, either as a writer or a character-creator. It's a pretty common trope in the style, though I'm doing away with most of the other tropes (mostly super powers, and gory deaths for the losers) to make it more fitting to the frame work, and to allow me to make more of a story surrounding it.

Glad you guys are enjoying it so far. :3

(mostly super powers, and gory deaths for the losers)

^ Reminds me of the Hunger Games challenges they have over on the Nuzlocke Forums :p

Also, will you update to every day, for the whole binge writing of NaNoWriMo?

Back