Writing Mysteries of the Forgotten Island (Author Address - August 14)

RE: Mysteries of the Forgotten Island: a character-submission Pokémon tournament (now looking for contestants!)

Name: Juliet "Joules" Sycamore

Class: Scientist

Home: Autumnal Avenue (Near Magenta Plaza), Lumiose City, Kalos

Pokemon: Mewliet "Mews" the Female Meowstic

Pokemon's Strength: Special Defense, Special Attack Close Secons

Pokemon's Weakness: Attack

Pokemon's Signature Move: Psyshock

Trainer Appearance: Medium cut, long, strait, dark brown hair. Light skin tone. On the shorter side in hight and the thinner side in weight; a smaller person. Always found wearing a lab coat and one of her signature scarves. She has five of her scarves, one in each colour. The colours are as follows: light grey, dark grey, lavendar, deep purple, grey-blue.

Trainer History/Backstory: Young sister of the famous Professor Sycamore (he is mid 20s, she is 16), she has always tried to follow in her brother's footsteps. One day she hopes to become a professor as well, studying pokemon anatomy. She is much younger however and by the time she was about 8, her brother moved out. Right before he left, he gave her the greatest gift of all, Mewliet the Espurr. When she was 15, she got the chance of her life, to serve as an assistant for her brother. Ever since then, she and Mews, now a meowstic, have worked their hardest at his lab. They has helped him greatly in the research of mega evolution, often gathering stones for his studying. Juliet now consideres her brother more of a mentor than family and eagerly helps him in hopes of lerning a lot and become a pokemon professor.

Trainer's Favorite Food: Although she finds it somewhat unethical to eat, Joules loves Lumiose style Slopoke Tail

Trainer's Worst Fear: Failing to live up to her brother/mentor

Battle Stlye: Using the field to her advantage, using what she knows about the opposing pokemon to her advantage, trying catch the opposing trainer off guard. Basically trying to get any advantae she can. 

Where was your trainer and what was she doing when she got the inviation? How did they get to Route 8:After meeting up with her brother in Anistar City, he gave her the letter. He said that it would be a good experience for her. She was a bit worried, but Mews assured her that is would be okay. Joules finally agreed and flew to Cyllage City on the Altaria that her brother had let her borrow. From Cyllage, it was just a quick walk to route 8.

RE: Mysteries of the Forgotten Island: a character-submission Pokémon tournament (now looking for contestants!)

Artemis said:
That would depend on how many characters I *do* get. I'll probably leave this open for a week or so more to gather some more sign-ups, but how I'll proceed really depends where the numbers fall.

If I end up with 8 or less, I'll just do an 8 person tournament instead of 16, since 8 is a nice easy number for tournaments, just as 16 is. I can fill in remaining trainers if necessary. If I get 10 or 12, I'll make a couple battles triple battles. For 9, 11, or 13, I'll add in one character of my own and do the triple battles as necessary. For 14 or 15, I'll just make one or two more characters to fill up the full bracket.

Obviously, the more characters, the longer the story will last, so I hope we get plenty of sign-ups! Feel free to tell your friends to come join. :D The fewer participants I have, the more time will be spent on the filler in between the battles to make sure that everything happens properly.

If you feel the need to add more characters and making 16 or 8 would be significantly easier, I, and probably some others, am perfectly willing to make an extra character or two to help with the story. I imagine it could be a bit of work trying to change up the plot pattern or add a bunch more character, so just know that we can probably help make some more.

Thanks, DrEspeon, I've added you to the list. :D

If you or anyone else would like to make a second character, you're more than welcome to! I would prefer using other people's characters to my own (I have a different story to put my own characters into! :p). If anyone chooses to do this, just post the characters here; they'll be added to the bottom of the roster list (so if a bunch of other people decide to make characters, people's second characters would be bumped off, so to speak). Thanks for the idea!

Name: Wynand
Class: Striker
Home: Fortune Island (Sevii Isands)
Pokémon: Charizard, Male. His name is Torch.
Pokémon's Strength: Speed
Pokémon's Weakness: Defence
Pokémon's Signature Move: Flare Blitz
Trainer's Appearance: Black hair and brown eyes. Tanned skin and tall.
Trainer's History/Backstory: When Wynand was younger found an Egg when he was playing in the forest. He thought it was weird the parents left it alone, but thought they would return, so he left it where it was. When a storm broke out, he got worried, however, and decided to find the Egg to see if it was alright. There was so much rain and wind that it was hard to see. Luckily Wynand knew where to go since he has been playing in that forest for as long as he remembers. He managed to find the Egg, which was still left alone on the ground and he decided to take it home. It wasn't long before Charmander hatched out of it and they became the best friends.

Some years later Wynand turned 10, which meant he was old enough to start his own journey. Charmander was already evolved into Charmeleon when they set out to Pallet Town to find professor Oak. When he reached it he decided not to take any of the starter Pokémon since he already had a Charmeleon. He did get a fancy Pokédex, however.

While they were traveling, they made many new friends; both people and Pokémon. Soon after beating the 5th Gym in the Kanto region, where Charmeleon evolved into Charizard, Wynand caught his 7th Pokémon. He knew trainers that participated in the league were only allowed to carry 6 Pokémon at a time, but never thought about it until he had to send his Pokémon back. This is when he decided that the title of champion didn't mean as much to him as being with his Pokémon friends and decided to travel the world with all his Pokémon without entering a league. They traveled through many places and are currently in Kalos.

Trainer's Favourite Food: Vegetarian Burgers
Trainer's Worst Fear: Being alone
Battle Style: Speed
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8?Wynand and his Pokémon were playing on the beach of route 8. One of the other trainers on the beach, a swimmer class, noticed how strong Charizard looked. He told me about this exciting upcoming tournament where trainers even stronger than the Elite Four and Champion were participating and offered me an invitation. Charizard and I couldn't refuse!

Wonderful, thanks! Though, you do actually need to have your character receiving an official invitation in the last part of the entrance form, so if you wouldn't mind, make something up about him getting an invitation. :)

Would I be able to request a spot, and then get back to you with my character's profile this weekend? I love the sound of this, and already have information about one of my OC's, but I don't have the time right now to type it all up for the thread since it's the end of our first quarter at school and I've still got a lot of work to finish up. Once Saturday or Sunday rolls around, I'll have some spare time though, so would that be okay?

Sure, no problem! I plan on keeping sign-ups open until Monday/Tuesday.

Because I'm bored and studying at the moment:

ONE NEW CHARACTER FOR YOU TO DEAL WITH:

-----

Name: Simian
Class: Ace Trainer
Home: Striaton City, Unova
Pokémon: Simisage, Male, Vivian
Pokémon's Strength: Speed
Pokémon's Weakness: Sp. Defence
Pokémon's Signature Move: Hone Claws
Trainer's Appearance: Simian wears a Camouflage hat, covering his thinning, short black hair. He has camo boots, and a green shirt. As you can see, his favourite colour is green.
Trainer's History/Backstory: Simian was nicknamed 'Monkey Boy' at a young age, always very active, and energetic. He was born, and grew up in Nimbasa City. His life was luxurious. He lived in one of the most splendid apartments, and battled with his father in the Battle Subway. At the age of 15, (I LIKE THE AGE OF 15) he started to travel to the battle Subway alone, without his father to train. He was jogging there, through the large, bustling city. But while he was jogging, he was hit by a bus. He spent over twelve years in hospital, with continuous surgery and recovery programs. His family eventually stopped coming to visit him, and they disappeared. Another five years in hospital. But throughout his lonely life in hospital, he always had his Simisage with him. Helping him to recover from the injuries, supporting him along the way. Eventually, he wasn't allowed in the hospital due to bills, and became homeless.
Trainer's Favourite Food: Shepards pie, as that was what he ate in the hospital.
Trainer's Worst Fear: Meeting the family that disappeared from his life.
Battle Style: Status-changing
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8?
Vivian was searching the city streets, for anything that could help him. Food, money, even a piece of clothing that could warm him. When he found an invitation to a pokemon tournament for 100millionP, he was ecstatic. He immediately knew what he would do with the money: he would donate it to the hospital, to pay for all the bills, and to help the hospitals expand. He trekked to Kalos, only with his Simisage to get to Route 8 and win the tournament.

Yes, he was hit by a bus. Get over it. I know its a cliche injury... And yeah, I didn't spend as much time on this guy. Get over it.
Anyone who isn't in HighSchool, enjoy the days of not studying almost every day.
-----

I will probably make like 2 more characters, just because *shrugs*.

I try to hard to make emotional characters to help build a bit of sadness in the story :p

James86134 said:
Anyone who isn't in HighSchool, enjoy the days of not studying almost every day.

How about working every day? Or cleaning and doing housework every day? :p Enjoy the ease of high school while you have it. :D

Thanks for the new character! I'll add him onto the list. ^^

STEAL THE MONEY FROM OLD PEOPLE AND HIRE A CHEF AND MAID
I'm sorry... That was bad

Just dropped by to congratulate Artemis on this idea and also the artist who created that wonderful girl on the banner - simple but attractive!

Here's a second character if you need it.

Name: Lisa Marie Callimede
Class: Pokemon Trainer
Home: Eterna City, Sinnoh
Pokémon: Skuntank
Pokémon's Strength: High evasion and speed, can use every status-altering move in the book, moderate special defense
Pokémon's Weakness: Weak offenses and physical defense
Pokémon's Signature Move: Smogscreen (A technique which mixes Poison Gas and Smokescreen to create a deadly, sight-obscuring screen of noxious gas)
Trainer's Appearance: Tall, slender, purple hair
Trainer's History/Backstory: Lisa was born into an bad family. Her mother died when she was young, allowing her father to use her for his own needs. Sometimes she would be a lookout or provide a distraction while he would steal things. As she got older, she began doing these things herself, using the Stunky she had obtained from her father to provide a smoke cover in case things went wrong. When she was only fourteen, her father was murdered by Team Galactic in a deal-gone-wrong scenario. She swore vengeance on them, planning to infiltrate their organization and crush them from the inside.

At fifteen, she was recruited into Team Galactic. She proceeded to lie, cheat, and sleep her way to the top of the food chain, becoming Commander after just six months. Following many failed attempts on the life of their leader, Cyrus, Lisa began to forget about her initial mission and enjoy life at the top of Team Galactic. Eight years pass before Shirley joins Team Galactic, and another before she becomes Commander Mars. The two hated each other at first--Shirley hating Lisa's seemingly lack of morals; Lisa, that Shirley had everything she didn't and was highly accomplished for her age--but Cyrus forcing them to work together constantly proved effective, and after a short time they became best friends.

With Cyrus trapped in the Distortion World, Charon in custody, Saturn on the run, and most of the grunts either killed or captured, Lisa decided that Team Galactic was sufficiently in ruins and left the team along with Shirley after the incident at Stark Mountain. The two friends traveled together to Unova but split up once they arrived, each wanting to follow their own paths. Currently, Lisa is in Kalos on vacation.
Trainer's Favourite Food: Kanto-imported Tauros steak
Trainer's Worst Fear: Reverting back to her old ways.
Battle Style: Lisa prefers a tricky style of battle, overwhelming her opponents by piling on status conditions one after the other, dodging and counterattacking when the window opens.
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8? While sunbathing on Route 8, a Wingull perched itself nearby, invitation in its beak. When she went to shoo the thing, it flew away, dropping the invitiation. After reading it, Lisa found it highly suspicious and decided to remain on the beach and get to the bottom of this.

Is this full? I read that it was limited to 16 trainers, but you only have 10 slots on the sign ups (which are all full counting PMJ's second submission).

She doesn't list all the extra slots, just puts a "your name here" kinda thing. There are sixteen slots. First characters have priority over second characters, too, so go ahead and submit.

Yeah, like PMJ said, I only put people's names in once they've been accepted. Once all slots are full, I'll edit the title of the thread. So feel free to make a character! :D

Name: William Conor
Class: Pokémon Trainer
Home: Born in Canalave City, William lived there until he was ten. Then, like most trainers, he met with Professor Rowan and obtained his first pokémon. He currently resides on a farm ouside of Solaceon Town.
Pokémon: A rather foolhardy and robust Breloom. A fiercely loyal companion. Technician ability. Spore/Swords Dance/Mach Punch/Bullet Seed.
Pokémon's Strength: Speed, although an argument could be made for Attack. Breloom takes battles on head first, usually getting the jump on opponents at the start of a match.
Pokémon's Weakness: Defense/Special Defense. When one focuses on rushing their opponent, they often leave their own weak points open.
Pokémon's Signature Move: Bullet Seed is usually his go-to move. Though he relies on Mach Punch when facing faster opponents then himself. He also uses Spore often when fighting larger pokémon.
Trainer's Appearance: Short cut brown hair. Grey eyes. 5'6''. 15 years of age. Often wears cargo pants and keeps lots of random items in his pockets because "It might come in handy."
Trainer's History/Backstory: After obtaining his starter pokémon from Professor Rowan (a female Piplup), William made quick progress on his journey. He had defeated the gym in Canalave run by some older guy (William never was good with names) and set out to another gym. This one in Eterna City.
While in the Eterna Forest, William's Piplup evolved! He also caught a new pokémon, a Shroomish. Shroomish never was as loved as Prinplup was. But that didn't mean he wasn't loyal to William. And that dint mean William valued Shroomish any less. Prinplup was just special, being Will's starter pokémon and all.
Mostly with Prinplup, William defeated the Eterna City gym leader and set out for Oreburgh. The trip was easy enough, cyclying down the Cycling Road, William felt as if nothing could stop him. Before challenging the gym leader, the young boy felt like training in the Oreburgh mine. Inside, after defeating an Onix, Shroomish evolved into the Breloom Will has today. William sent out his Prinplup and, in an effort to train their speed, challenged his two pokémon to a race out of the mine.
Of course, Breloom bounded ahead. William ran with his Prinplup most of the way. Once they reached the last uphill slope, they heard a loud explosion behind them. The cave was collapsing! Prinplup looked up, and noticed that the ceiling was caving in. In an effort to save her master, Prinplup unleashed a strong Bubblebeam attack that launched William up the hill to safety. Unfortunately, Prinplup didn't make it out.
Since that day, William gave up on collecting badges, catching new pokémon, and continuing on his journey. He even tried releasing Breloom at one point, but the loyal pokémon stayed with him anyway.
Today (five years later) William works on a farm outside of Solaceon Town. He lives there as payment for his work. He lives with a kind, elderly couple who look out for him.
Trainer's Favourite Food: Pizza, usually with Mushrooms and Artichokes.
Trainer's Worst Fear: He fears that his first partner, Prinplup, blames him for her death. He sometimes dreams that Prinplup didn't die in the accident, but shuns Will for leaving her behind. (Of course, this isnt real. Prinplup did die, and doesn't blame Will for it.)
Battle Style: Choose one? Speed. Offensive Speed. ...Ok, that's technically two. Oh well.
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8? One day, a delivery man came to the door. Without a word he handed William an envelope and left. Reading the invitation inside, he made preparations to leave immediately. He called up his father (a sailor in Canalave) who agreed to give him a ride to the island.

-------
I hope this is acceptable. A bit longer then the 1-2 paragraphs, but I wanted to incorporate the bulk of his journey (of course, I left out details) since it was tragically cut short. :(

I'll do one more!

Name: Alex Stone (girl)
Class: Pokemon Trainer (if you accept Pokemon Coordinator, that'd be better)
Home: Rustboro City
Pokémon: Dewott
Pokémon's Strength: speed
Pokémon's Weakness: special defense
Pokémon's Signature Move: Razor Shell / Water Pulse, you can pick that. I don't mind.
Trainer's Appearance: Alex has gray-ish hair and is about medium height. Her eyes are gray-blue, kind of like an ocean on a rainy day. She usually wears jeans and a T-shirt, but for competitions (like the contest hall) she will sometimes wear a purple outfit.
Trainer's History/Backstory: Alex Stone is one of the more prominent daughters in Hoenn. After all, her father is Steven Stone. She has several problems despite the wealth, though. First, her mother is stuck in a foreign region and cannot get back without her I.D. Her father doesn't even pay her attention, although he has a reason why. Due to her not really being loved, she runs off to find both Team Magma and Tony, the boy she eventually runs away with in order to save the world. She and Dewott go way back, as well. They started in Rustboro and joined Tony and his Grovyle on an adventure through Hoenn to prevent the destruction of Hoenn. She's really feisty and isn't afraid to slap anyone through the face--even if they are over six feet tall.
Trainer's Favourite Food: Lava cookies!
Trainer's Worst Fear: Losing the few loved ones she actually has left. She'd hate to battle Tony.
Battle Style: She tries to battle like a coordinator, so I would say with beauty. In other words, a gracefully speedy battle style that uses powerful attacks to do damage, yet still retains the astonishing appearance.
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8? Alex followed Tony to Cyllage City on the plane that Norman got them. Once there, she told him goodbye and got a hotel room. In that room, however, there was a mysterious letter that told her that she, too, was invited to the competition. She ran after Tony so they could try to win together.

So, would my second character have priority over Twiggy, and PMJ's second characters:

E.g. With the 12(?) characters we have now, let's say 5 more people come and decide to make a new character. Would it be randomised on who's character wouldn't be a part of the story, or would it just be the last one made?

It'll probably be randomized. If enough people do it, though, you can take my second one out. I'm just trying to get it to 16.

Name: Terra Reynolds
Class: Lady
Home: Camphrier Town
Pokémon: Magnezone, nicknamed "Tinker"
Pokémon's Strength: Controlling magnetism, a high special attack is prominent.
Pokémon's Weakness: It is unable to turn or move quickly, so speed is an issue.
Pokémon's Signature Move: Being able to use magnetism much like telekinesis, Magnezone is able to spontaneously combust some materials, spontaneously create electrical discharges and throw some metallic objects, Magnezone is quite "well versed" with magnetism, and although he knows Magnet Bomb, he is especially fond of creating Thunderbolts from various parts of the battlefield with magnetism.
Trainer's Appearance: "Tom Boy" is not only a good way to describe Terra's personality, but the way she dresses as well. Alone, she dresses in carpenter jeans with an overflowing tool-belt loosely strapped around her waist. She also wears a baggy men's-sized T-Shirt with dozens of oil and grease stains coating it's entirety (most notably the bottom, where it is most convenient to wipe things). Her long, blonde hair is curled into a ponytail, and her usual makeup-coated face is making up for a lack of makeup in oil smudges wiped from her wrists. She usually goes barefoot because she doesn't go outside when she dresses like her normal self, for fear of running into a family member. When she is with her noble family members, she is dressed in a formal white gown with red edging to the rims. A cherry red silk scarf is wrapped around her neck, and though it isn't tight at all, she would tell you it feels like it is choking the life out of her. Her hair lacks any braid, and if flows freely around her. In her grey eyes, you wouldn't find a spark of life, but only when she is away from the stuffy pleasantries do her grey eyes truly come alive.
Trainer's History/Backstory: The Reynolds have been long time friends of the king who lived in the now completely derelict castle in Camphrier Town, but ever since the king died the family had been sinking to different ways to make money and keep up their noble lifestyle through politics and subsequent political backscratching. Therefore, the family must keep up appearances in front of the general populace, for, pardon the metaphor, everyone waits for the preacher to swear. The same reason why they keep their "oddball" for a daughter out of the limelight as much as possible, for she is quite the Tom Boy.

She loves to tinker with mechanical objects, even occasionally taking a look under the hood of her Pokemon (whom her parents despise, and would rather her have something more lady-like. Like a Glameow) to see how it ticks more than once. Constantly modifying everything to be more efficient or fixing things like new, she sometimes even steals objects from people's fingers to rip it apart and satisfy her curiosity, much like a mechanical horror movie. She can usually put it back together in a few moments, but sometimes people's watches return in pieces, much to everyone's chagrin. Her parents constantly pressure her to mend her ways, at least in front of other people, leading her to lead a sort of double life, one she'd rather not hide.

Trainer's Favourite Food: Barbecue in between two buns... Mmm. Gotta love those Sloppy Joes.
Trainer's Worst Fear: To live her life as a prisoner of society.
Battle Style: Offensive. Liking to stand back and quite literally watch the fireworks.
Where was your trainer and what was he or she doing when they got the invitation? How did they get to Route 8? She was dining with her family in Camphrier Town when one of the maids came in, stating a red Taillow dropped off a card labelled for Terra. The maid didn't read it, leaving her father to read it aloud, but nearly choked when it stated that she must go alone, for it is her invitation and hers only. Terra nearly leaped from her chair at the thought, but her father snapped his fingers and told two suited men that she must not tarnish the family's good name, and left her in their care. She was then loaded (well, in her opinion, that is) into a limousine and driven to Route 8.

Back