GSC My Pokemon Silver Quest begins!

pokemonstars

Aspiring Trainer
I am excited to say I will be starting my classic Pokemon Silver Quest and I would like to know which starter I should start with:
Chikorita
Cydanquil
Totodile
At the moment I am thinking of Cydanquil because I started with Totodile in HeartGold so give your thoughts everyone and if Silver if a good game?:)

RE: Pokemon Silver Quest Begins!

Yes, it's good game. In fact, it was my second game to be beaten... with Chikorita. It was way too easy. But when I started in HeartGold, he was lame, so I chose Totodile. It's now one of my favorite Pokemon. :p

Yes I got about an hour done last night I really like it and I started off with Cydaquil we will see how things go today thanks for your help though and your thoughts.:)

First of all, if you have either HeartGold or SoulSilver, then I don't think it's worth it to play the originals at this point. HGSS have several advantages, including (but not limited to):

~A lot of fun ambient noises in the background - running water, rustling grass, you know
~An eternal save file - GSC have an internal battery, and once that runs out of power, you need to replace it or you can't save your game. Sure it lasts several YEARS, but still.
~Extra goodies like the Pokeathlon and Gym Leader rematches
~Slightly enhanced difficulty, and an even harder final dungeon/boss fight
~The GB Sounds. This alone is a selling point for many of the die-hard fans.
~But hey, even the new remixed tracks are totally awesome.
~Cameos of several older Pokemon, like the birds, Mewtwo, and some starters

Just stick with HGSS.

Well I already started it the other day and so far I really like it I am also just doing it because I wanted to have a different team then I did in HeartGold, but one question I had just replaced the battery but once that battery goes and I have to replace it does my saved game file remain?

Nope.

The save file is 'attached' to that battery. You remove that battery, you remove that save. (But once the battery expires you would lose that save anyway.)

Aw that is unfortunate so what do you recomended I do should I continue or like I would love to start HeartGold again but you only can have one save file on it I can't do another also because I have a lot of hours on it but my important pokemon have been transferred to black and white but still I think I still might continue my Pokemon Silver but if you have any suggestions let me know.:)

Ok I just found out that when you replace the battery on the Pokemon Silver it does not delete your saved game file as long as you do it before the battery goes and you save the game and then you can replace the battery. Thanks for all your help everyone and I hope I do well as I continue my Pokemon Silver Journey!
Thanks again everyone!:D

Team so far:
Quilava/Level: 16
HootHoot/Level: 15
Bellsprout/Level: 16
Flaffy/Level:15
Slowpoke or Wooper?
Suggestions?:)

As of right now:
Quilava/Level 20
Flaffy/Level 20
Slowpoke/Level 20
Noctowl/Level 20
Bellsprout/Level 20

What does everyone think?:)

Well Saturday and Sunday put together I put in over 11 hours and got my between the levels 34-37 and I have now just entered Victory Road and I am going to get my team to level 38 and then I will enter the Pokemon League.
Team update coming soon.

Does your Slowbro know Ice Punch? It is a great move for the E4, especially for Lance's three Dragonites.

Ok wow I am so happy and just beat the elite four today and now I am on my way to Kanto here is my team so far:
Ampharos/Lv: 50
Typhlosion/Lv: 50
Slowbro/Lv: 50
Rhydon/Lv: 46
Weepinbell/Lv: 46/ Anyone know where to find a leaf stone?
Noctowl/Lv: 48

Hope you like my team and wish me luck in Kanto.:)

Many weeks have passed and I had finally done it I have beaten Pokemon Silver with a great team and tough challenges I have finished thanks to everyone for support.
Up next is Pokemon Pearl hopefully to start today let me know on thoughts and tips for the game.
Thank You:)

Back