My Nintendo 3DS Speculation

This is in the wrong Forum. Anyway, the L and R buttons could be used to fire.

*Moved*

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
This is in the wrong Forum. Anyway, the L and R buttons could be used to fire.

In game on xbox the left trigger holds the gun up to aim. i think that would only make sense to do the same with the DS

*Moved*

dmaster out.

Since when were shooting games good on the DS anyway?

What about the touchscreen is awkward? I find it brilliant for shooters. Also, if the touchscreen is so bad, what about using the cameras for aiming? Someone at Nintendo mentioned they could be used for that. (So many interviews... I forgot who...)

The D-Pad is used for DS backward-compatibility, hence the awkward positioning of it. Shooter games aren't the best games around, the 3DS can be used for much more. Besides, Star Fox 64 3D should keep shooting fans happy and there's probably a shooter game or two in the 3DS's 70+ confirmed titles.

And how many of them titles are going to be re-makes but in 3D?

Around 5, but most are remakes in the sense of a Pokémon remake, with added stuff and not just updated graphics, or in this case 3D.

Chariblaze said:
Around 5, but most are remakes in the sense of a Pokémon remake, with added stuff and not just updated graphics, or in this case 3D.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, and Star Fox 64 3D are a few of the remakes, but it seems a lot of franchises are going to be using "3D" in the title anyway (Harvest Moon, Kingdom Hearts, DJ Hero, etc.), probably to distinguish the 3DS title from similar titles on other consoles (or possibly due to laziness to come up with an original title...). In the case of Zelda and Star Fox though, if you look at the screenshots, you can tell it's a remake because despite the 3D effects that will be present in the actual games, they still retain their N64 graphics, which actually have significantly lesser quality resolution than that of a game indigenous to the 3DS (apparently some reviewers are saying even the aforementioned Metal Gear, originally from the PS2, has a slightly less quality picture when compared to a regular 3DS game). That being said though, I really hope there will be some sort of "3D" Virtual Console on the 3DS for classic/retro games where developers can release ports as quick, inexpensive commodities, because if developers can release a simple port as a full-fledged game and make decent money out of it, development for the 3DS could turn into something like Hollywood in it's current state -- say goodbye to original ideas :).

I think the 3DS looks amazing, and with Starfox, Animal Crossing, Oracina of Time, Pokemon , and more it has a great line up already.

Mizzory said:
Maybe 6th gen will bring colosseum graphics to the 3ds *hopes*

Done already. When considering that the Animal Crossing has smoother graphics than its Wii brother, you see that 3DS could push 'Cube graphics further. MGS3 was a 6th Gen game.

6th gen was 2000-2006/07. And don't expect another new Gen until at least 2013/14.

Zenith said:
I am pretty sure he meant the sixth generation of Pokémon.

Uh...yeah...I knew that!... *Runs*

Anyway, September 18th is when Nintendo announce the release date of 3DS, and hopefully more new info.

im thinking its going to be amazing. with all te old classics that i've never played and the new stuff yet to be seen.

TheFudgehogGuy: the release date is set to be released on sep 29th*hopes for simultaneous release of the 3DS in JPN and here*. B&W JPN is on the 18th.

richkid50000 said:
im thinking its going to be amazing. with all te old classics that i've never played and the new stuff yet to be seen.

TheFudgehogGuy: the release date is set to be released on sep 29th*hopes for simultaneous release of the 3DS in JPN and here*. B&W JPN is on the 18th.

*Smacks forehead* Ugh, I won't make any more mistakes.
What I want to know, is if it's possible to transfer games, apps etc. from the DSi Shop from DSi to 3DS. I hope so.

I'm gonna be preordering one of these beautys as soon as it comes available, I don't want a repeat of the Wii (Sold out EVERYWHERE), even though I never actually wanted a Wii.

As for the games, I spent 300+ hours on Wild World so a complete new AC game would be great, not just an expansion like 'Let's go to the city'. Since the console has much better specs than the PSP, I expect great things, and there better be a Monster Hunter like title, since me and my friends put 500+ hours in EACH.

Does anyone know if it only comes in black and blue or will there be other colours?

Gary Walsh said:
Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, and Star Fox 64 3D are a few of the remakes, but it seems a lot of franchises are going to be using "3D" in the title anyway (Harvest Moon, Kingdom Hearts, DJ Hero, etc.), probably to distinguish the 3DS title from similar titles on other consoles (or possibly due to laziness to come up with an original title...). In the case of Zelda and Star Fox though, if you look at the screenshots, you can tell it's a remake because despite the 3D effects that will be present in the actual games, they still retain their N64 graphics, which actually have significantly lesser quality resolution than that of a game indigenous to the 3DS (apparently some reviewers are saying even the aforementioned Metal Gear, originally from the PS2, has a slightly less quality picture when compared to a regular 3DS game). That being said though, I really hope there will be some sort of "3D" Virtual Console on the 3DS for classic/retro games where developers can release ports as quick, inexpensive commodities, because if developers can release a simple port as a full-fledged game and make decent money out of it, development for the 3DS could turn into something like Hollywood in it's current state -- say goodbye to original ideas :)

Most of the titles that have "3D" or "3DS" in the name are just working titles for now. Also, I'm not sure if you'd consider Mario Kart 3DS a remake o_O we don't really know enough to say as of now.

PikachuMatrix said:
I'm gonna be preordering one of these beautys as soon as it comes available, I don't want a repeat of the Wii (Sold out EVERYWHERE), even though I never actually wanted a Wii.

As for the games, I spent 300+ hours on Wild World so a complete new AC game would be great, not just an expansion like 'Let's go to the city'. Since the console has much better specs than the PSP, I expect great things, and there better be a Monster Hunter like title, since me and my friends put 500+ hours in EACH.

Does anyone know if it only comes in black and blue or will there be other colours?

As well as the main red, black and blue, there's orange and Funky Purple. I'll be getting blue, no doubt.

Back