My 2nd try to a good team (5th gen only!)

luxray_v8

Absol used Aura Sphere!! WTF?
I'm going to try doing a good team. My other tries were stupidly bad make, so I'm going to do everything I can, considering that my mother language is Spanish and I don't am very familiarized with metagame therms. Changes will be maked in BOLD and notes in Italics.
Here I go:

Kojondo.png

Mienshao @Focus Sash
Trait: Regeneration
- Fake Out
- U-Turn
- Taunt
- Hi Jump Kick
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4HP
Jolly Nature

My lead. One of the greatest U-turners, because of Regeneration and his good Attack and Speed. Fake Out is there for a free damaging turn, U-Turn to escape in emergencies and switch to an appropiate counter. Knock Off for getting down some annoying objects and to dismantle foe strategy. Hi Jump Kick for STAB and damage.

Nattorei.png

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Trait: Iron Thorns
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
EVs: 252 Sp.Def/ 156 HP/ 80 Def
Relaxed Nature

Ferrothorn. The spiked disc that everyone hates, except me. Well, I hate it too. Gyro Ball is going to max. damage or I think so, with nature lowering Speed. Also, it is my Stealth Rock set-upper, too. If it gets Taunted, I use Gyro Ball or Power Whip. Now I put Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn to paralyze some annoying things.

Sazandora.png

Hydreigon @Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 156 Spd/ 80 Atk
Rash Nature

Hydreigon, my sweeper or revenge killer or something like that (I don't know...). Draco Meteor is for max hit one time.
Dark Pulse for Psychic and Ghosts and for some mixed sweeping. Fire Blast for
Steels like Ferrothorn and some hit for Ices. Earthquake for another thing for Steel and for Fire guys, especially Heatran. Sincerely, I love my Hydreigon <3.

Reuniclus.png

Reuniclus @Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 156 HP/ 80 Sp.Def
Modest Nature

Ok this is Reuniclus. The ONLY thing on my team that can KO Fightings.
I didn't decide yet to use Psycho Shock or Psychic, but actually I prefer Psychic. Focus Blast is for Darks and Calm Mind for a boosts. Recover is obvious. I put Psychic because its higher Sp. Atk and I choose Life Orb for a boost that can be easily recovered with Recover.

Abagoora.png

Carracosta @White Herb
Trait: Solid Rock
- Shell Break
- Aqua Jet
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Sp. Def
Adamant Nature

Most person use Carracosta as a Wall, but I decided to use it as a Sweeper.
Shell Break is for get that big boost to thrash around. Aqua Jet is a good STAB an priority move. Rock Slide for STAB and flinch ratio. Earthquake is for getting down Steels, another Rocks and that Electrics that make Carracosta suffer.

Excadrill.png

Excadrill @Balloon
Trait: Mold Breaker
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Jolly Nature

And to finish, a people's favourite, Excadrill. I'm using it on one of its most commons set, the SD and Rapid Spinner. I decided to use Drill Run instead of Earthquake, I don't know why, but I like Drill Run most than Earthquake. If Drill Run doesn't don't works ok, I will change it to Earthquake.

I forgot to put a Electric Pokémon. I will put Luxray or something. I like Luxray.
Well that was my team (or a try for it). Please fix anything you can and give my your opinion.

Laterz.

Give reuniculus psycho shock, excadrill earthquake over drill run, and hydreigon earthquake and dark pulse over crunch and earth power. Also, devote reuniculus' EVs to hp, not speed.

I put Earthquake to Hydreigon and Excadrill, and I put Dark Pulse on Hydreigon too, but I'm not sure to put Psycho Shock to Reuniclus, because most Fightning have higher Defense than Sp.Defense.

Ok, I will use it.
I was thinking to change Carracosta to other Pokémon. Maybe Chandelure?

on Mienshao use taunt instead of knock off it lets you prevent hazards from being set up also change shed shell (you have u turn) to either life orb or focas sash.

On Mienshao use Life Orb. Same on Reinculus, it's always better than E-Belt. Excadrill can't learn Stone Edge, so use Rock Slide. OTher than that, pretty good.

Hyperbeem said:
Use Psycho Shock, it's the only way to hit Blissey and it makes for a powerful and mixed sweeper.

Does Focus Blast mean nothing? Focus Blast hits Chansey and Blissey just fine, as well as Porygon 2.

Use Psychic over Psycho Shock. Psychic hits more things harder, Psycho Shock fails against things like Gliscor and Hippowdon, which normally cannot touch it. Psychic also has some extra base power, as well as the extra chance to drop Special Defense.

I fail to see the point of Using Excadrill outside of a Sandstorm. If you insist upon using it, I would change the last slot on your Ferrothorn to Thunder Wave, as Paralysis will slow down stuff like Jirachi and Latias/os, which Excadrill and Hydregion will normally be outsped by. Even if you do change Excadrill later on, Thunder Wave is still the better support option for Hydregion.

I would change Expert Belt to either Life Orb or leftovers on Reuniclus, both items are viable for use here. I would also get Leftovers on your Carracosta. Choice Scarf is an option to try on Hydregion, but that's up to you. It depends on whether you want to exchange the ability to change moves for extra speed or not.

IIRC, Carracosta has access to Stealth Rock. If it does, another option to look at, but is up to you, purely optional, would be butting Stealth Rock on Carracosta, and then changing STealth Rock on Ferrothorn to Spikes, for extra residual damage. Up to you in the end.

Ok, I got it. Thanks to everyone for help, and sorry for the lack of updates, but it was because they cut my internet.
=D

We completed the 1000 visits!!!! *o* amazing!

Back