Finished Murder V: The Fifth Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Murder V: The Fifth Generation: Night Zero Ends 6/14/10 8PM PDT (An RPG)

The murderer left this note.

thats right, i killed empoleon

it really helps being unfamiliar around here, let me tell you. you guys don't have a ghost of a chance at catching me!

everyone should just give up and go Home.

if you don't, you will all See my rage Flare. you have all been warned.

Begin Day 1!

RE: Murder V: The Fifth Generation: Day 1 Ends 6/17/10 7AM PDT (An RPG)

Glaceon normally didn't get into days affairs.

The morning sunlight had only recently seeped past the light to his eyes, waking him. As he stretched and went out for his morning walk, he saw the crowd and naturally asked about the commotion, despite his usual aloofness.
A murderer on the loose... looks like I'll have to stay careful...

Quick questionn to everyone: Did my notes confuse you that much from last game? Anyways, I can figure this out. If we do not stop the murderer Day 1, it appears as if Flare will die. Unfamiliar means a generation 5 pokemon, but what could See mean? *goes to investigate front page and signatures*

Well, we know it's not Joeypals!!, because the note is clearly written in a different style than in the last game.
you will all See my rage Flare.
Why are these two words capitalized? Could the murderer be targeting Flare (Rampardos) next?

it really helps being unfamiliar around here, let me tell you. you guys don't have a ghost of a chance at catching me!

Unfamiliar? Ghost of a chance? Unless I'm mistaken, the only ghost here seems to be Froslass, played by Hatman. I'm not voting yet because I do want to see what everyone else's ideas are. After all, it is the first day, and so it is too early to start pointing fingers at anyone just yet.

I could have said that, but thank you. See and Home are capitalized, which makes me think of two shows, LOST and House. Besides that and my other post, I got nothing.

See my rage Flare

F - Begin letter
S - last letter
of Froslass

It's either froslass the murderer or it's the next target

The more I look at the note, the more convinced I am that Froslass is the murderer. Again, I'm not going to vote before all the regular posters have a chance to say something.

The second line makes me think of someone new to the game.

@ Guy,

Ice Espeon said:
Should I do a banner similar to my Shadow banner?

I have thoroughly looked at the letter, and I believe it to be Zorua.

Why exactly?

my pic.

I think "You don't have a ghost of a chance" might have somthing to do with ghost resistance. Unfamiliar could mean a new murder player. Potential suspects so far: Really, it could be anyone.

Guy, can you add my pic to the front page with maybe some resizing? If so, thank you!

*Pokabu examines the note closely*
"Hmm, I see..."
*He begins writing his own notes on the murderer's note*
The Note said:
thats right, i killed empoleon

it really helps being unfamiliar around here,
Could mean New Pokémon (Fifth Gen), new member or both
let me tell you. you guys don't have a ghost of a chance at catching me!
Could mean ghost type, reference to team/group the member is in, or ghost-type weakness/resistance
everyone should just give up and go Home.
Could be referring to TV show (such as house,) or to region (such as Isshu, home of 5th Gen Pokémon.

if you don't, you will all See my rage Flare. you have all been warned.
See=Sea? Murderer is a water type? Flare=Fire? Murderer is Fire Type? Flare could also mean that 1. Flare was smart enough to include his name in the note, thinking that if we saw it there, we would never think him the murderer. 2. Flare is targeted next by the murderer.

H, S, & F=Capitalized. Could stand for:
HSF-Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Health Services Foundation
FSH-you know what, never mind.

*Pokabu speaks to no one in particular*
"I believe the murderer is one of us, from Isshu. That leaves me, red blastoise, paddy185, MS Eeveelution, Snorchu and fortegoddx."
Me-this is my first post in the first day, analyzing all clues.
red blastoise-no posts at all so far
paddy185-a bit quick to put the blame on Zorua, and never explaining why
MS Eeveelution-Suspiciously acted as if he knew what one clue meant. Perhaps he was the murderer and was trying to frame Frosslass?
Snorchu-Suggested suspects, but never voted. Not a likely behavior of the murderer.
fortegoddx-See red blastoise.
Also, unfamiliar meaning new member-the only new player here is 7Lucario7Master7, so he may be a likely suspects.

I'll say our best suspects right now are Tsutaaja, Reshiram, Frosslass and Lucario.

D: But I'm too much of a n00b to be a murderer!
:p i dunno, but I don't like being framed. Also, How was Empoleon killed? was there any evidence of what weapon was used, or if it was just the bare hands/feet/whateverthepokemonhas?

Holy god this moves fast. I will try to be a little more active here...

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. Here are some different ideas I had, though.

"Home" capitalized like that reminds me of the PlayStation 3. Maybe the number 3 is significant? Joey used silly number clues like that last game. It could refer to the third generation, but there are no third generation Pokemon here. The only Pokemon among us with any relation to the third generation is Gallade (Ralts is third generation). That's a pretty big stretch, though, and I ain't gonna jump the gun on that one.

"See my rage Flare" could be a clever way of disguising the move Seed Flare, which only Shaymin can learn.

Right now, I don't think it's Flare. I don't think he'd be stupid enough to sign the note. That said, that could very well be what he's banking on, so...

There really isn't any strong evidence towards any one Pokemon, which is to be expected since it is the first day.

Ah, the first day is always the hardest. I'll just think aloud here...

Being unfamiliar could mean someone from the fifth generation.

Suspects: Zorua, Grass-thing, Fire-pig, Reshiram, Grinning Fire Quadruped Guy, Zekrom

That's six out of 20. Narrows it down quite a lot.

It is true that the word "ghost" could refer to a type, but it doesn't have to. My clues from the last game tried to hint to Joey's red text, and you all totally ignored it, assuming I was talking about a Fire-type.

The clue could be referring to a Pokemon with a high Speed stat. "High" is relative, however, and we don't know any stats of the 5th gen Pokemon. One could make the assumption that since Reshiram and Zekrom are legendaries that they would be naturally fast, but some legendaries like Kyogre and Groudon are not all that fast.

Looking at the 4th gen Pokemon with at least reasonable speed, we have Mamoswine, Gallade, Pachirisu, Shaymin, Froslass, and Lucario. That is only five out of 20; even worse than before.

Assuming "ghost" refers to a weakness: only Froslass and Gallade. If it refers to a resistance, we eliminate all except Bastiodon, Weavile, Lucario, and Zorua. If it refers to neither of those, which I suspect it does, it brings is right back to square one again :/

Oh man, this just occurred to me. "Flare" could be a slick way of shortening Zyflair.

As mentioned before, unfamiliarity could also refer to a new player. The only one we have, as 42 chocolate mentioned, is Lucario.

It's all circumstantial, but a lot of it seems to be pointing at Lucario. He is unfamiliar (never having played before), has a decent Speed stat (90), and resists Ghost (perhaps the line has both of these meanings - there's an idea!).

/me slithers away to let others discuss

"I don't think we have enough information to make a vote yet...."

PMJ, Lucario does have a high speed stat (according to you lol) but we have to base our inferences on what we know and what the murderer knows. Is 7Lucario7Master7 a competitive battler?

I find the use of the word "flare" as odd. I think its Shaymin. Seed Flare attack ect.

Not that I know of, but I am not that familiar with the competitive scene.

And as I said, "high" is relative. Ninety might seem like a lot, and it is compared to most Pokemon, but there are a lot of Pokemon out there with a lot more speed lol

I am getting ninja'd like constantly lol, that message was directed at 42 chocolate

I really don't think the murderer could be stupid enough to Cap Flare in the clue. He/she may be trying to throw us off course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back