Minor Notices & Staff Changes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #83)

If anything like that were to happen, DNA and z-man would be co-admins.

not that that's a bad idea

<3

Okay, so here's my idea.

The staff could have X amount of members (regular members, I mean) helping out with staff decisions. They'd be told the basic gist of what's been going on, the qualifications, the position, and the candidates, plus whatever information is needed to best make the decision.
These members would be picked beforehand to help out, possibly with the stipulation of not being able to say who the people are or whatever. The people who'd be picked from the member end would be peeps that are well-informed and know how to make decisions well.

The end result is that it can be said that the members are actually giving physical input. Is this any different than the suggestion box? Yes, since the members helping out will know who's being appointed for what instead of just giving nominations.

...I hope that explanation didn't go around in circles as I was trying to get my point across. Basically, just have like 2 or 3 normal members be in on making decisions, like a sort of liaison.

So, what you're saying is that Pokebeach have a sort of jury system?

I dont think it would necessarily turn into a popularity contest.

How about we have an open poll on who the public thinks should be mods. No promises to promote, just to find out who the community wants to see leading them, and possibly raise awareness to candidates who may have been overlooked. There's no harm in a poll if there are no guarantees.

Boddy said:
Active and well-informed. This sounds like a challenge.

I actually think this idea's pretty good. The only problem I see is getting people who think too similarly. If you want this to work, you're going to have people who are active and knowledgeable, but still have a somewhat differing opinion on who's who and what's what. Does that kinda make sense?

Just a minor reminder, the Website Feedback forum does exist, which is a great place to nominate people for staff positions when there is an open position.

For personal recommendations, sure. For recommendations as a group, not so much.

Pokebeach is no democracy, but group opinions should still be valuable to the pink boys.

PB is not a democracy when it comes to staff. Members just cannot make the judgement or even be involved because you do not know what goes on behind the curtains. The person you might want to get a spot might turn out to be the scumbag who ruined his chances.

The people who deserve Palkia, Suicune, and Milotic get it; the people that do not get it have reasons why.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
<3

Okay, so here's my idea.

The staff could have X amount of members (regular members, I mean) helping out with staff decisions. They'd be told the basic gist of what's been going on, the qualifications, the position, and the candidates, plus whatever information is needed to best make the decision.
These members would be picked beforehand to help out, possibly with the stipulation of not being able to say who the people are or whatever. The people who'd be picked from the member end would be peeps that are well-informed and know how to make decisions well.

The end result is that it can be said that the members are actually giving physical input. Is this any different than the suggestion box? Yes, since the members helping out will know who's being appointed for what instead of just giving nominations.

...I hope that explanation didn't go around in circles as I was trying to get my point across. Basically, just have like 2 or 3 normal members be in on making decisions, like a sort of liaison.

This is kinda what I was trying to get to. But I couldn't figure out how to put it on paper. If i could just have like a live video feed or something it would be so much easier to explain (although I wouldn't be able to if I could). Thanks DNA, you basically summed up my idea, with some of your better reasoning and being able to put it into written words.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not looking for a Mod-ship here or anything. I'm busy enough with my own life and content with just being a member on these forums.

Boddy said:
That's...actually a nice succinct way to put it.

TDL said:
Members just cannot make the judgement or even be involved because you do not know what goes on behind the curtains.
Oh, I know. But what about certain trustworthy members who can give input? You're not opening it up to everyone and you know that the opinions you're getting are actually going to be good, plus you can be confident that nothing's going to be spoiled ahead of time.

Zorua said:
Just a minor reminder, the Website Feedback forum does exist, which is a great place to nominate people for staff positions when there is an open position.
Jay said:
For personal recommendations, sure. For recommendations as a group, not so much.
^

That's why I proposed the idea. I know how similar my idea is to the Suggestion Box, but it has an extra layer to it.

That wouldn't fix anything. It would make more people involved in the decision sure, but if you're not a part of the committee, you're just as unhappy as you were before, and every decision would be complicated with a committee.

@ dna : deeeeeeeeeeez nutts

seriously guys this is just becoming stupid, and i think i will be the first one to say : dna shut up you are not doing anything they will just disagree anyway

and if nigel does mess up i am sure we will get our flaming rights

case closed / stranded on deathrow

Two things.

1. Despite popular belief, No matter how many times you post #addalikebutton, it will not make us add a like button :].

2. I feel like the new jury would be sort of like a new staff group, though it would be an interesting idea to explore...

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Oh, I know. But what about certain trustworthy members who can give input? You're not opening it up to everyone and you know that the opinions you're getting are actually going to be good, plus you can be confident that nothing's going to be spoiled ahead of time.

So you're saying we should just give these "trustworthy" users access to information for something rare as promotions? Sorry, but no. This sounds like completely pointless user permissions for something that only happens every so often. To me this just seems like another way of wanting more power.

Everyone here needs to realize that this is a fansite, not a government. Stop trying to make it one because it never will be.

I think the idea is valuable. Eventually I can see the Contributors becoming sort of a "jury" for decisions by higher ups. (Since they should be active and well-informed if they are in the group)

I like the idea however I think that there are people who should be/are contributors who shouldnt be making decisions. There are also people who aren't contributors who possibly should be involved in such matters.

Then they should try harder to gain the contributor status if they wish to be involved in those matters. It's not going to hurt you to put in some more elbow grease in an area of the forums. If you care so passionately about who should/shouldn't be on staff, then you should care about improving the forums through your own capabilities as well.

DNA's idea is silly because I don't see it changeing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back