Mega Sableye Officially Revealed! [6/11]

I have the feeling that sableye will get two megaevos. The one revealed is the omega one in which his eyes, as well as the gem he's holding resemble a rubi. I expect the second mega to be holding a sapphire instead. Just wishful thinking I know.

I've seen many people complain about how simple th design is, but MegaKang is just the baby learning how to walk. Personally, I like how simple the changes are while it still looking like an upgraded and improved version of himself, but that's just me. =]

Axell Starr said:
I've seen many people complain about how simple th design is, but MegaKang is just the baby learning how to walk. Personally, I like how simple the changes are while it still looking like an upgraded and improved version of himself, but that's just me. =]

Agreed. Actually that's something I like about megaevolution too. It's obviously the same pokemon and not another stage, they don't change like magikarp→gyarados or even aron→lairon→aggron were the differences are more of a bold transition and becoming something else (or "growing up" in some cases). Megaevolution it's all about THAT pokemon and I like it that way.

Maaan, if it was immune to contact moves - or even a fair amount of them - the entire meta would change.

Sableye is one of my favorites... and well, I'm a little disappointed.
The simpleness isn't my problem, I don't really like the giant "gem shield."
I would have been fine if he was even simpler. Basically the same, minus shield, plus some more of that "grimlin" look that he's got going on.
Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited that he's getting a mega!

NotSeen said:
Drohn said:
This actually makes a lot of sense. They did say/hint "It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!". Immunity against all scratching/slashing moves would be pretty cool!

Moves like Scratch, Tackle and Slash are already nulliefied by its type…
I didn't mean the actual moves Scratch and Slash, but moves that use sharp body parts/items like Razor Shell, Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Fang Attacks, etc.

No Prankster?
Welp, this could hurt him.
Then again, his new ability makes him immune to toxic and bounces back entry harazards....

Is it worth it?

98Greener said:
No Prankster?
Welp, this could hurt him.
Then again, his new ability makes him immune to toxic and bounces back entry harazards....

Is it worth it?

Yeah, that's kind of lame. There must be dozen of Abilites that would have been better, but he had to get that one. Ehhhhhhh.

NaturallyDark said:
There must be dozen of Abilites that would have been better, but he had to get that one. Ehhhhhhh.
Magic Bounce is not bad. Actually, it's good. Especially for a stall-Pokémon. >__>

With Toxic immunity, physical bulk, Recovery and good Sp. Attack, Calm Mind becomes a very interesting option.

Ken Sugimori's artwork for Mega Sableye definitely does M Sableye justice. The refraction of his face through the gem is awesome. And he looks incredibly mischievous.

Teal said:
NaturallyDark said:
There must be dozen of Abilites that would have been better, but he had to get that one. Ehhhhhhh.
Magic Bounce is not bad. Actually, it's good. Especially for a stall-Pokémon. >__>

With Toxic immunity, physical bulk, Recovery and good Sp. Attack, Calm Mind becomes a very interesting option.
Only until you realize it has only 50 base HP

Back