Mega Sableye Officially Revealed! [6/11]

Reggie McGigas

-
I think it will get a new ability that would nullify any beam attacks, or make any moves that it would normally resist be ineffective.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Sableye's Mega Evolution animation looks painful. The gem bursts through its chest from its back! Still awesome though!

I wonder what sort of Ability it will have? I really think it'll be something defensive based on the description.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
WonderEyes legal. It would be so trolly if GF referenced those pesky pre gen V hacks by giving it WG!

Gollum? I was thinking it resembles [link=http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091225134327/digimon/images/d/d4/Moon%3DMillenniummon_b.jpg]this guy more[/link]. I'd rather have Sableye inside the gem >_>

SuchADamnLady369

Top Coordinator
They gave the king of annoying a mega evolution!? If he keeps prankster people will ALWAYS have to check for Sableye. Now let's find the Metagrossite, Milotite and Beautiflite lls

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
I like the design, although its basic. Im going to throw my two cents in here and say I think Sableye will get a "physical" version of Bullet Proof. Not quite Wonder Guard, but useful enough. Im going to say, maybe it will nullify moves like Dragon Claw, Slash, or Tackle- moves to that effect. Moves such as Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch would still affect it, and it will probably have a list of specific nullified moves just like BP. Watch, its gunna happen >_<

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
I love the look of Mega Sableye, but I can see why some people wouldn't. I can't wait to see the stats on this thing, I sure it'll make him even more trolly o.o

Drohn

Wild War Dance
NoDice said:
I like the design, although its basic. Im going to throw my two cents in here and say I think Sableye will get a "physical" version of Bullet Proof. Not quite Wonder Guard, but useful enough. Im going to say, maybe it will nullify moves like Dragon Claw, Slash, or Tackle- moves to that effect. Moves such as Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch would still affect it, and it will probably have a list of specific nullified moves just like BP. Watch, its gunna happen >_<

This actually makes a lot of sense. They did say/hint "It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!". Immunity against all scratching/slashing moves would be pretty cool!

ipokemon

Ace Trainer
yu6 said:
It was strange that we had Mega Mawile and not Sableye XD
Now I'm waiting for Mega Metagross, Salamence, Johto Starters and Mega Rayquaza! XD

You mean PRIMAL RAYQUAZA

Design-wise, it's literally Sableye with spikier ears, red eyes, and a gem shield.

On one hand, I wish it were something a little more exciting. On the other hand, it could've been a lot worse; for example, they could've made its upper body massive while keeping the legs the same size and called it a day. That would have been pretty bad.

Gameplay-wise, I'm really not looking forward to playing against it if it retains Prankster. Prankster + buffed defenses + status + Recover =

giphy.gif

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Looks like we might get some new abilities in this game!! I'm pretty sure GF doesn't care much about competitive power, so making Mega Sableye OP is likely. Due to its description I would say maybe a new ability that makes it immune to all physical attacks. Anyways, I'm very excited to see the new stuff and new Megas!

Bisharp'sCloak

Aspiring Trainer
I can't say Sableye changes much, but I like the addition of that giant gem. Makes me wonder what the stats will be for the inevitable EX and Mega EX cards. Not really surprised though, since its counterpart Mawile got a Mega evo, it only made sense to think Sableye would get one somehow.

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....
This was how I found out about mega sableye
"Goes to tell poke friends about mega sceptile and swampert"
"Opens up ipad and goes to pokebeach.com"
"Notices there is a picture of mega sableye, immediately has a heart attack and starts cheering whilst other people at the cafe stare at me intently"

I did not expect this at all, took me by utter shock. This looks really cool, I love the new design. I wish it gets stance change, boy that will be unique but it doesn't change stance like aegislash does when it attacks or defends.

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Drohn said:
NoDice said:

This actually makes a lot of sense. They did say/hint "It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!". Immunity against all scratching/slashing moves would be pretty cool!

Moves like Scratch, Tackle and Slash are already nulliefied by its type…

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
NotSeen said:
Drohn said:

I think he meant moves like dragon claw and ice fang

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
NotSeen said:
Drohn said:

scattered mind said:
NotSeen said:

I think he meant moves like dragon claw and ice fang

Yeah, I know its already immune to normal type moves, but it would have a list of physical contact moves that use claws/fangs that its immune to with its new ability. Like Bullet Proof.

coolhippowdon101

Destroying electric types since D/P
So mega sableye is literally just sableye holding a giant gem. There goes my dream of a mega sableye that was tall, lanky, and even more creepy :( NVM! Just watched the video. I actually really like it now lol

Krooky1993

Krookodile Collector
Looks kinda dumb. All it adds is a giant ruby and ruby eyes. I thought he had diamonds in his body aswell. I wonder if there will be different versions or something like Spinda or something.

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
So, now that I got my planned breeding out of the way, time for me to breed a Sableye. Gonna get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Sableye and name it Rupee
//shot

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
coolhippowdon101 said:
So mega sableye is literally just sableye holding a giant gem. There goes my dream of a mega sableye that was tall, lanky, and even more creepy :( NVM! Just watched the video. I actually really like it now lol

I would like too see some crystalized Sableye. The Pokémon itself should lure people by its apparent value only to give them a nice scare, going by the saying that "not everything that glitters is gold"!