XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

ArcanineArco said:
Don't know if anyone has wrote this already, but I can't be bothered so scroll through all the comments... xD
It would be cool if Rapidash got a mega evolution and "evolved" into a big Unicorn thing which becomes Fire/Fairy type. Or they could just give it a Fire/Fairy big Unicorn thing evolution :)

It's already a unicorn. It could turn into a pegasus as mega or regular evo.
professorlight said:
I wondered the same thing. I think they are going to give amphy some dragon type moves (outrage? in ampharos? doesn't even make sense!), at least dragon pulse, and hopefully TAIL F***** GLOW!

Wow just realized this. Why does he not already have that move. Like really, come on now. That is something they NEED to give him and his mega.

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Ohman177 said:
ArcanineArco said:
Don't know if anyone has wrote this already, but I can't be bothered so scroll through all the comments... xD
It would be cool if Rapidash got a mega evolution and "evolved" into a big Unicorn thing which becomes Fire/Fairy type. Or they could just give it a Fire/Fairy big Unicorn thing evolution :)

*Facepalm* .. You're right. For some reason I had it in my head it was just a Horse. My baaaaaaad

A pegasus would be the best for Rapidash. Fiery wings would look majestic on it.

Ohman177 said:
ArcanineArco said:

professorlight said:
I wondered the same thing. I think they are going to give amphy some dragon type moves (outrage? in ampharos? doesn't even make sense!), at least dragon pulse, and hopefully TAIL F***** GLOW!

Wow just realized this. Why does he not already have that move. Like really, come on now. That is something they NEED to give him and his mega.

I made a very compelling case for it in the revised movepools thread, but, there's always the naysayers claiming that it can't happen because tail glow is "firefly light" in japanese. Pffffffft, like that means something.

I am hoping for a mega Crobat. Because well,
I saw an image of the Pokemon X and Y demo, and had a Crobat and the option for a mega evolution. However it could be the opponents Pokemon. Since the camera angle can shift.
I think its a different Pokemon, then a Crobat.

I'd love to see a Grass/Dragon Serperior.

I really like the Mega Evolution mechanic. It makes some of the older Pokémon more usable, and is a really interesting idea overall.

I guess If there's one advantage mega evolutions have compared to old pokemon with just hidden abilities with their old base stats and types is that they get their base stats changed temporarily including new types for STAB bonuses that they never had before. While it would've been better If they didn't evolve to get those benefits perhaps it was the only thing Game Freak could think of to try to balance out competitive battling even If it does feel like Digimon.

桜Knight said:
I am hoping for a mega Crobat. Because well,
I saw an image of the Pokemon X and Y demo, and had a Crobat and the option for a mega evolution. However it could be the opponents Pokemon. Since the camera angle can shift.
I think its a different Pokemon, then a Crobat.

It was a Mewtwo in battle against a Crobat.

mega_by_the_3dg-d6ii0ou.png
I saw the trailer for The Origins and noticed this the second time viewing. I also noticed Green's new look. Maybe it's possible that we'll not only see a MegaCharizard, but possibly even a 6th generation adaptation of the gen 1 games?

^I'm thinking the same... After seeing that part of the trailer, I think this special will be used to showcase Mega Charizard (and maybe Mega Blastoise) as both were in that list of trademarked pokémon... It makes perfect sense... Using an adaptation of the classic games to show the new Mega formes of these also classic and popular pokémon specially when you consider it airs a few days before the new games' release...

I heard you are only allowed to use 1 Mega Pokemon on your team somewhere. If this is true I really want a Mega Garchomp since its my team captain, usually what I open battles with, and what I depend on to be my tank and heavy hitter. So being able to power it up even more would be really cool to me. Its also one of my fav Pokemon in general, so I really hope it gets one.

Card Slinger J said:
I do like the idea of FireRed/LeafGreen or Red/Blue/Yellow being made for the Wii U Virtual Console. I think the Gen III remakes would be better cause it had better gameplay and mechanics than the original Gen I games did

Agreed.
But, this is getting off-topic, so let's try to get back on it here.

I would like to see a Mega Kyurem that's essentially what Reshiram and Zekrom were before they split and left Kyurem behind as an incomplete husk. I think it's odd that we got two partially complete Kyurem formes, but not the fabled "original dragon".

"Mega Kyurem" makes no sense to me.

As I see it, Mega Evolutions are pretty much a generalized version of some of the recent "buff"-formes (where the pokemon actually gets stronger and can change things like ability and type, while gaining a fancy prefix), which includes Kyurems as the main example, next to Rotoms.

In other words, Black/White Kyurem is already more special than Mega formes, because it actually has a backstory for its basis instead of just happening for the sake of power.

So if a full forme of Kyurem was ever released, if would be called ANYTHING, but Mega Kyurem (like Original/Primal/Grey Kyurem etc), especially when it would then clearly absorb the other dragon with another key item to get there, and definitely not through a "Kyuremite" (Mega stone->Mega evolution).

Mitja said:
"Mega Kyurem" makes no sense to me.

As I see it, Mega Evolutions are pretty much a generalized version of some of the recent "buff"-formes (where the pokemon actually gets stronger and can change things like ability and type, while gaining a fancy prefix), which includes Kyurems as the main example, next to Rotoms.

In other words, Black/White Kyurem is already more special than Mega formes, because it actually has a backstory for its basis instead of just happening for the sake of power.

So if a full forme of Kyurem was ever released, if would be called ANYTHING, but Mega Kyurem (like Original/Primal/Grey Kyurem etc), especially when it would then clearly absorb the other dragon with another key item to get there, and definitely not through a "Kyuremite" (Mega stone->Mega evolution).

Kyuremite could be the combined and condenced essense of zekrom and reshiram which kyurem absorbs to obtain its original form. Its definitely possible.

Mega Mawile might actually be pretty boss. I don't know much about competitiveness but it starts off with intimidate then gains extra defense and special defense and doubles it's attack power all in the same turn. With all those resistances two immunities and only three weaknesses(even with fairy type) I think it might actually be worth something. Definitely in the main game if not for competitive but I'm not for competitive anyway.

Also I want Mega Gardevoir...nothing else really.

Have you people not seen an anime before.

I really don't think it will go Mega Charizard in Origin, who knows. But it's based on the Red/Green system/story but using their pokemon designs and FR/LG's trainer designs. So whatever yer thinking there might be for dramatic effect.

Though I do hope Mega Charizard is an actual thing. The leaked list of possible megas and the list shown at the Pokemon Game Show of Pokemon from Gen 1 to 5 had All the Pokemon that were on the list except a few starters and Gen 5 Pokemon.

TokenDuelist said:
Have you people not seen an anime before.

I really don't think it will go Mega Charizard in Origin, who knows. But it's based on the Red/Green system/story but using their pokemon designs and FR/LG's trainer designs. So whatever yer thinking there might be for dramatic effect.

Though I do hope Mega Charizard is an actual thing. The leaked list of possible megas and the list shown at the Pokemon Game Show of Pokemon from Gen 1 to 5 had All the Pokemon that were on the list except a few starters and Gen 5 Pokemon.

What about that mysterious statue? If they are sticking to the games, why did they include a statue of an unknown pokemon? There could be some deviation which leaves the possibility of mega charizard in Origins and XY open.

Ohman177 said:
What about that mysterious statue? If they are sticking to the games, why did they include a statue of an unknown pokemon? There could be some deviation which leaves the possibility of mega charizard in Origins and XY open.
You mean that bat/cat statue seen when Red fights Brock? Couldn't that just be a reference to the unidentifiable animal statues seen in like every game and, more often than not, at the front of Pokemon Gyms?

Here, this is what I mean...
Cerulean_Gym_FRLG.png

This pic is from Gen 3, but these things continued to appear even in later generations.

Still don't see Origins showing off Mega Pokemon, especially since it's suppose to revolve around the plot of the first generation games, and because they've stated Mega Stones are only found in the Kalos region.

TokenDuelist said:
The leaked list of possible megas and the list shown at the Pokemon Game Show of Pokemon from Gen 1 to 5 had All the Pokemon that were on the list except a few starters and Gen 5 Pokemon.
List? What list?

"
Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo
Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross
Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron
Abomasnow
"

I recall seeing a picture of the Pokemon Game Show that had a good number of these Pokemon on it.

If they gave one to Gardevoir and not Gallade i'd be a little upset.

Back