Mega Metagross Revealed in ‘CoroCoro’ [7/10]

SK39yE7.gif

Im kind of meh about it. I was indifferent about Metagross to begin with, I feel the same about the mega. What I REALLY anticipating is a mega Flygon and Milotic.

Is that really it for Corocoro this month? D: Not that I'm complaining.. just left a little bit hanging.

dragotoed said:
Is that really it for Corocoro this month? D: Not that I'm complaining.. just left a little bit hanging.

it is a bit early for it to be leaking... theres a chance we'll see a bit more.
I'm expecting we'll see a bit on Secret Bases and maybe a bit more on the Gym Leaders, as they're visible on the bottom of one of the scans.

But we did get a lot of stuff last month... we might get a little less to compensate for that and then next month we get the usual amount of content.

Reggie McGigas said:
Looks too similar to metagross, but at least it looks like it will be getting levitate.

It is the same Pokémon. Would be a little ridiculous if it didn't look like Metagross.

Now, to those complaining about the spike, don't you realize it's Metang's nose? You can even see, under the bottom part of the X, extra eyes (or at least eye sockets) for Metang. It looks like, while mega evolving, the second Metang sort of "wakes up", in a sense.
I say its about time they emphasized on it being fused Metang. The legs even come out of the top and bottom to resemble Metang's arms.

ITT Nobody likes a spike beard.

He looks pretty cool to me. I like that he apparently has eight arms now. I'd love to see a clearer picture though, especially for the Gym Leaders.

dmaster out.

Yeah it'd be better if there was a clearer shot, but for now, YES, I called it too! I'm glad they gave him a mega evolution. I wonder though from the picture, will he have Levitate, or stay with Clear Body, or could it be something else? If Mega Metagross got Levitate it would be very threatening

So I was on twitter and I saw that a translator has said that Mega Metagross keeps it's typing and that it might get a brand new ability, so sadly it won't be getting levitate.

To anyone who had doubts about who would be Champion in these remakes (due to Wallace being Champion in Emerald), this is to confirm that STEVEN STONE will indeed be CHAMPION in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!!! ^^

I did a Google Translate for "champion" in Japanese and it matched perfectly!

http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qjrz8.jpg

11qjrz8.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qjrz8.jpg

Looks pretty cool from what I can see but I'll wait until the actually art comes out. Hopefully we get more news later or the upcoming the days!

rubygroudon said:
To anyone who had doubts about who would be Champion in these remakes (due to Wallace being Champion in Emerald), this is to confirm that STEVEN STONE will indeed be CHAMPION in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!!! ^^

*snip*

Now I wonder why I didn't pay attention to what that said... e.e *looks at scan*

King Xerneas said:
So I was on twitter and I saw that a translator has said that Mega Metagross keeps it's typing and that it might get a brand new ability, so sadly it won't be getting levitate.

"Brand new ability" could easily be Levitate, since it's a new ability for Metagross.

rubygroudon said:

Is this surprising? These are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, where Steven was Champion. I'd actually be more surprised if he wasn't. Of course, maybe this game he'll have more interaction with the player. He didn't really do much in gen 3.

Scorched Feathers said:
King Xerneas said:

"Brand new ability" could easily be Levitate, since it's a new ability for Metagross.

They meant new as in an ability we haven't seen yet. A few translators are actually very sure that Mega Metagross will not be receiving Levitate. Some translators have said it receives Tough Claws, but others say its an ability we have yet to see.

King Xerneas said:
Scorched Feathers said:

They meant new as in an ability we haven't seen yet. A few translators are actually very sure that Mega Metagross will not be receiving Levitate. Some translators have said it receives Tough Claws, but others say its an ability we have yet to see.

I will actually be surprised if it receives an ability besides Tough Claws.
Just looking at it, and the resemblance to Binacle's claws, it fits so well.

Regardless, between Levitate and Tough Claws, I don't think this mega warrants a new ability at all.

YES!! This is awesome! And does any one notice the picture of Shiftry at the bottom? It's next to something I don't recognize. Mega Shiftry when more scans release!? Please!

Retro_on_theGo said:
YES!! This is awesome! And does any one notice the picture of Shiftry at the bottom? It's next to something I don't recognize. Mega Shiftry when more scans release!? Please!

It's just standing next to Sidney. He does use a Shiftry after all.
That doesn't rule out a Mega for it, but if you look, Flannery is next to a Torkoal, and Wattson is standing near Magneton (the latter of which doesn't have any chance at a Mega).

Keeper of Night said:
Retro_on_theGo said:

It's just standing next to Sidney. He does use a Shiftry after all.
That doesn't rule out a Mega for it, but if you look, Flannery is next to a Torkoal, and Wattson is standing near Magneton (the latter of which doesn't have any chance at a Mega).

Oh you're right. Oh well.

Keeper of Night said:
King Xerneas said:

I will actually be surprised if it receives an ability besides Tough Claws.
Just looking at it, and the resemblance to Binacle's claws, it fits so well.

Regardless, between Levitate and Tough Claws, I don't think this mega warrants a new ability at all.

Looks like it might be getting Tough Claws after all since more and more translators are agreeing with it. I'd be happy with it too, like you said it makes the most sense design wise and a majority or its movepool make physical contact so that's more power right there, but still I wouldn't be shocked if GF decided to give us something unexpected.

Back