Mario Kart Discussion Thread

Ohai PMJ. :3

I only need *** rank on Mirror Leaf and Mirror Lightning to get a complete *** rank. But I still have no idea which car parts I like the most.

Are the unlocks random?

Yup. From 50 to 4500 coins, the parts are random. At 5000, you'll get the Beast Glider. At 10000, you'll get the Gold Glider, and at 20000, you'll get the Gold Kart.

we should race since you are online and so am I :D

I take back everything I said about trolling with Honey Queen. She is just such a terrible character that every time I try to give her a chance, I can't stomach doing more than a few races with her.

That's basically what ruins her for me, too.

I also noticed that the Peach Parasol turns orange when used with Daisy. Does that happen to anyone else?

edit should have known, it turns blue when you use Rosalina

BIPPA Y U NO RACE ME

Did anyone else know that the standard Kart changes colors when you use a Mii based on the Mii's colors? :O
I realized that today.
I use Lime Green Standard Kart with Slick Wheels. :p

And with that, I now have *** ranking. Not that that means anything to any of you because no one is in this thread anymore :[

I've finally picked up my Mario Kart 7 after not playing it for few months. No Dry Bones makes me sad. :( Who was the person that said I'd totally forget about the missing characters?

Anyways I checked my online communities and found that my points are now at 0! Say what?! Do they like restart everyone each month or something?

Is MK7 worth buying? I'm wanting to just wait for Mario Kart U or whatever.

If you have someone to play MK7 with, then I'd say yes. The one player mode is really lacking, and I find that connecting to Wifi is more tedious then its worth.

Unfortunately, my sister only has a DSi. Is the online mode filled with hackers like MKDS was?

Nintendo will be Nintendo I suppose. I'll probably just wait for the used price to go down.

Bippa said:
The one player mode is really lacking

How so? No Mission mode?

Jay said:
Unfortunately, my sister only has a DSi. Is the online mode filled with hackers like MKDS was?

No. You might hear otherwise, but it's either the effects of lag (which, instead of actually slowing the game down, is dealt with by not displaying graphics in places) or the Maka Wuhu oversight. That's it.

As for connection errors, I think I've had one.

It's definitely worth buying for $35 from Best Buy with Nintendo Zone coupon, unless you really prefer the console Karts.

Why isn't there a Single Player vs mode because If i were to get it then that would be my most used feature what can you do in this game then ?

For Singleplayer, you have Grand Prix and Time Trial, and maybe Battle.

Online multiplayer either brings something that kinda works like VS. in a way where you just race as many tracks as you want at a time against the world, or something else that kinda works like VS., where you race 4 tracks and someone is declared a winner from that.

Back