Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 15, 2018.

1. Paul Weiskopf Gwentigone
    Paul Weiskopf

Not gonna buy a switch for this, but I could see newer fans of pokemon go who didn't grow up on the earlier versions of Kanto buying this and a switch. Not a terrible marketing strategy at all.

2. Otto von Bismarck *Preußens Gloria plays*
    Otto von Bismarck

hello darkness my old friend

3. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

Okay, before I forgot anything,

How in TCG?

Will these sets in related to this game still under SM era? I think it is. Since it isn't a Gen 8 game.

4. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

Agree my friend

5. Lord o da rings ♕ The Queen ♕
    Lord o da rings

Well I can't say this didn't exceed my expectations. I'm excited for the more casual things, such as walking with my Pokémon, and putting clothes of them. More of the cutesy stuff, I guess. I'm not all excited about the Pokémon selection, story, or region. Even though Gen I was what built Pokémon into what it is today, it's still far from the best (which is subjective of course, but oh well).

But I have my concerns, almost completely surrounding the sync and adaptations with/from Pokémon GO. I have so many questions about how this will work. Then there's the whole "Kanto only" clause to porting Pokémon between the games. Whether or not that includes Alolan forms effects whether or not I waste the summer away playing Pokémon GO or not, and could very well effect my decision on when to buy a Switch (and this game, by extension).

There's also this that is a tell-tale sign that this is a spin-off game, and isn't a part of Gen VIII:
    By that extension it's not Generation VII or VIII, it's just it's own thing. A completely unique spin-off game that has no relationships to any of the core games. Honestly, if they continued to make remakes like this I wouldn't be mad. But this also means this game isn't going to take over the meta. Ever. Meaning USUM still rules that for another year, until it's finally passed on to whatever awaits us in 2019.
    This is how they'll have time to bring in Unova and Kanto sets before the Generation officially ends. Then they'll have some sort of Legendary Treasures-esque set and we'll move on to Generation VIII.

6. Almedin3 Aspiring Trainer
    Almedin3

7. Almedin3 Aspiring Trainer
    Almedin3

It isn't

8. Serenade808 Aspiring Trainer
    Serenade808

As for someone who played pokemon since the beginning, I am very excited to use my kanto team again but with updated graphics and gameplay. Negative comments will not change my mind

9. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

Okay. How about the Physical-Special split?

So we will experience "All Grass atks are Special, All Normal moves are Physical" kind of thing?

10. aschefield101 is behind you !
    aschefield101

Nothing but meh tbh. Visually it's a step in the right direction but that's it, underwhelmed would be an understatement.

11. fleshrum April in Kalos...
    fleshrum

Advanced Member Member

The battling system they showed looks unchanged, and that's a good thing. The running around to catch thing is imo the greatest gameplay change and one they should implement in the main series moving forward.

Individual opinions on the creatures or the region may bring it down for you, but I really don't see why. This looks really neat, however you slice it. It's not a "main series" game and yet it has the locations and gameplay of one. The cutesy dress up stuff skews young but that's fine.

Still excited for the main series, but this looks fresh enough. Hyped.

12. Charizard=Life Aspiring Trainer
    Charizard=Life

This looks so dumb but so freaking amazing at the same time. People who still play Pokemon Go will have an advantage though. I play Pokemon Go so I have a ton of overpowered Pokemon I could potentially bring in.

13. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

I don't think you need to worry about the Physical/Special split. HGSS didn't go back to that system, so why would these games?

14. bbb888 One Life. One Dream.
    bbb888

Daniel Bryan, is that you? lol

15. mordacazir Lord of Souls
    mordacazir

I dont like this. I wanted a main stream game :(

Malavok likes this.
  16. shiningdialga Time dino goes rawr
    shiningdialga

I was afraid this was going to be a core game, but now that we know it isn't, I'm relieved. The idea of Go being heavily integrated into the mainline series was just... dumbfounding, to say the least.

OVERGRO likes this.
  17. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

As someone who has never had a desire to play Pokemon GO, these do nothing for me. However, there are plenty of interesting things in these games, and I think a lot of other people will enjoy them quite a lot. As successful as GO was, I think it was smart to make games like these.

"The Pokemon Company also announced they are working on more core series games that will release for the Switch in 2019!" If that's what it sounds like, thank goodness! =D 2018 seemed too early for Gen 8 or even Gen 4 remakes, so the timing of everything is making more sense now. If assumptions are correct, I can patiently wait a year and hope others enjoy these games in the meantime.

18. theprp30 Aspiring Trainer
    theprp30

Excited about the announcement of the new core series coming in 2019 and might play the lets go game especially if there not to expensive.

19. The Ultimate Umbreon To Ultra space and beyond!
    The Ultimate Umbreon

I still don't fully get that the 2DS XL was recent, yet they are moving to the switch with the games.

OVERGRO likes this.
  20. The Binder Guy Aspiring Trainer
    The Binder Guy

I had a feeling these would be spin-offs, but there are still folks saying it's a mainline game.

That said, I might pick these up if there's some sort of connectivity with Gen 7/8 but I highly doubt something like that will happen.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails