Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Okay, before I forgot anything,

How in TCG?

Will these sets in related to this game still under SM era? I think it is. Since it isn't a Gen 8 game.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Well I can't say this didn't exceed my expectations. I'm excited for the more casual things, such as walking with my Pokémon, and putting clothes of them. More of the cutesy stuff, I guess. I'm not all excited about the Pokémon selection, story, or region. Even though Gen I was what built Pokémon into what it is today, it's still far from the best (which is subjective of course, but oh well).

But I have my concerns, almost completely surrounding the sync and adaptations with/from Pokémon GO. I have so many questions about how this will work. Then there's the whole "Kanto only" clause to porting Pokémon between the games. Whether or not that includes Alolan forms effects whether or not I waste the summer away playing Pokémon GO or not, and could very well effect my decision on when to buy a Switch (and this game, by extension).

There's also this that is a tell-tale sign that this is a spin-off game, and isn't a part of Gen VIII:
Update #5: There are no online features for the games. Again, it’s for casual fans.
By that extension it's not Generation VII or VIII, it's just it's own thing. A completely unique spin-off game that has no relationships to any of the core games. Honestly, if they continued to make remakes like this I wouldn't be mad. But this also means this game isn't going to take over the meta. Ever. Meaning USUM still rules that for another year, until it's finally passed on to whatever awaits us in 2019.
How in TCG?

Will these sets in related to this game still under SM era? I think it is. Since it isn't a Gen 8 game.
This is how they'll have time to bring in Unova and Kanto sets before the Generation officially ends. Then they'll have some sort of Legendary Treasures-esque set and we'll move on to Generation VIII.

Serenade808

Aspiring Trainer
As for someone who played pokemon since the beginning, I am very excited to use my kanto team again but with updated graphics and gameplay. Negative comments will not change my mind

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Only replying on no.2, but it seems Pokémon will indeed have a max of 4 moves, and possibly learn more on level up (or will have some cheap-cost move reminder... If this is targeted at casual audiences, that wouldn't be weird to see at all tbh)

hczSRWQ.png
Okay. How about the Physical-Special split?

So we will experience "All Grass atks are Special, All Normal moves are Physical" kind of thing?

aschefield101

is behind you !
Nothing but meh tbh. Visually it's a step in the right direction but that's it, underwhelmed would be an understatement.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
The battling system they showed looks unchanged, and that's a good thing. The running around to catch thing is imo the greatest gameplay change and one they should implement in the main series moving forward.

Individual opinions on the creatures or the region may bring it down for you, but I really don't see why. This looks really neat, however you slice it. It's not a "main series" game and yet it has the locations and gameplay of one. The cutesy dress up stuff skews young but that's fine.

Still excited for the main series, but this looks fresh enough. Hyped.

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
This looks so dumb but so freaking amazing at the same time. People who still play Pokemon Go will have an advantage though. I play Pokemon Go so I have a ton of overpowered Pokemon I could potentially bring in.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Okay. How about the Physical-Special split?

So we will experience "All Grass atks are Special, All Normal moves are Physical" kind of thing?
I don't think you need to worry about the Physical/Special split. HGSS didn't go back to that system, so why would these games?

shiningdialga

Time dino goes rawr
I was afraid this was going to be a core game, but now that we know it isn't, I'm relieved. The idea of Go being heavily integrated into the mainline series was just... dumbfounding, to say the least.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
As someone who has never had a desire to play Pokemon GO, these do nothing for me. However, there are plenty of interesting things in these games, and I think a lot of other people will enjoy them quite a lot. As successful as GO was, I think it was smart to make games like these.

"The Pokemon Company also announced they are working on more core series games that will release for the Switch in 2019!" If that's what it sounds like, thank goodness! =D 2018 seemed too early for Gen 8 or even Gen 4 remakes, so the timing of everything is making more sense now. If assumptions are correct, I can patiently wait a year and hope others enjoy these games in the meantime.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Excited about the announcement of the new core series coming in 2019 and might play the lets go game especially if there not to expensive.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I had a feeling these would be spin-offs, but there are still folks saying it's a mainline game.

That said, I might pick these up if there's some sort of connectivity with Gen 7/8 but I highly doubt something like that will happen.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I've played Blue when it came out, then played (multiple times) Red, Yellow, FRLF, then Yellow on Virtual Console... I'm ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ a lot tired of Kanto, honestly. And I'm one of those who loved/loves the franchise since day 0.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
This actually does look neat. I like the art style it's familiar but yet a nice transition up from what we have on 3ds, there is no doubt this will shift millions of switches and units this Xmas..

I don't think people realise how important games like this are at attracting new players as pokemon at the minute does have an 'older' scene vs like what we had in the 90s. Kids will buy this then move onto the next core game next year along with hopefully TCG and just get lost in the pokemon rabbit hole - we need this to keep it going for years to come! I know my kids who love the anime and cards but struggle getting into the games will love the interaction here, and I'm glad that it's not just about the Pokemon go catching there's proper battling etc in there too.

Just confirm I can use touch screen/or button to throw a ball in handheld mode and I'm more than happy to share this with my kids - I can enjoy this no problem until 2019 for next core game

That accessory is awesome too I LOVED the poke walker (like I literally walked miles on end with that thing) so this is just apsolutely cementing it for me.

I would also say we will get a few surprises between now and November too in terms of new story, locations - let the post game jhoto journey rumours commence!!!! (that would actually be sick lol)