Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

tfw Dual Ball is a canon thing on a Pokémon game now...

Seems interesting, definitely looking into GO's success, and trying to work from there. Hopefully it means more influence from GameFreak into the app's future!

One wonder though, how the hell are GO pokémon gonna work when transferred? I assume there's gonna be some way of avoiding getting 27 Charizard/Legendaries? Hmm...
I reckon you can just visit them in the go park and maybe at a push bring them onto your walker to boost BP - I would be very surprised if you will be able to bring them into your 'adventure' team. Bet there will be a pokemon go battle tower or something for them instead - unless it has its own GTS type thing and not compatible with pokemon box then it won't matter at all!

Ps I love the nod to dual ball - should be more links to the TCG lore in the games!

The graphics and local co-op are definitely appealing, especially in a game where there are no new Pokemon, you can't use your Pokemon from any other region (It'll probably only be able to transfer to PokeBank when it does come out for the Switch) and you can't battle any wild Pokemon.

I do have some major questions. Such as:
  • Is this game going to force me to use Pokemon Go?
  • Will I be able to get this "never before seen" Pokemon on these games? (you see the Pokemon being some sort of unlock gift for Pokemon Go but if it was available in game, wouldn't it be better to tease it as such?

Graphically, these games look terrific and the fact I can play local co-op is awesome as well. But the fact that this game forces integration with Pokemon Go (and that I've avoided Pokemon Go for the longest time) slightly annoys me and I hope it doesn't give Pokemon Go players advantages over those of us who don't play Pokemon Go.

One awesome thing is that now with the roaming Pokemon, at least you won't be molested by Zubat while getting through Mt Moon.

Last edited:
Salt levels are high...only a new Eeveelution will solve this...MARK MY WORDS, PTCGI, IF THERE IS NO NEW EEVEELUTION, YOU WILL BE THE SLUG TO MY SALT!

I heard that there were translation errors and such so after the interviews it was confirmed to have online features? I'm a bit confused, but hopefully that is true.

Now I want these games. If they were core series games I would be a little hesitant to buy them. Also team Eevee

So this is an overglorified Pokémon Go clone?

Oh dear. I quit Go after their fiasco with the server meltdown during the Lugia raid. When the first big Pokémon RPG game being released for the switch is a shameless clone, i dunno what to say. I mean I'll probably get it nonetheless to tide me over for when the REAL Pokémon titles come out next year, but I'm kinda disappointed. I'll probably look into getting a preowned SoulSilver, will be a better Kanto experience.

And the Go integration means I'll end up having to download Go again just to get the couple of decent Pokémon I have over to it.

So this is an overglorified Pokémon Go clone?

Oh dear. I quit Go after their fiasco with the server meltdown during the Lugia raid. When the first big Pokémon RPG game being released for the switch is a shameless clone, i dunno what to say. I mean I'll probably get it nonetheless to tide me over for when the REAL Pokémon titles come out next year, but I'm kinda disappointed. I'll probably look into getting a preowned SoulSilver, will be a better Kanto experience.

And the Go integration means I'll end up having to download Go again just to get the couple of decent Pokémon I have over to it.

You weren't paying attention were you? This is more of a Pokemon Yellow remake (you either get Pikachu or Eevee as your starter depending which version you pick) than a "over glorified Pokemon Go clone". The only thing Pokemon Go about it is the method in which you catch Pokemon and it's own interaction with Pokemon Go. Otherwise it's a genuine Pokemon Yellow remake.

You weren't paying attention were you? This is more of a Pokemon Yellow remake (you either get Pikachu or Eevee as your starter depending which version you pick) than a "over glorified Pokemon Go clone". The only thing Pokemon Go about it is the method in which you catch Pokemon and it's own interaction with Pokemon Go. Otherwise it's a genuine Pokemon Yellow remake.

Oh trust me, i was paying attention, but its what it feels like to me. I wouldn't even be saying this if i wasn't disappointed with it, and I've played pretty much every game barring all the Mini stuff. Heck, my friends had the same initial reaction to this as well.

I'm happy for the games release, but sad that its not the proper experience a lot of us were waiting for. The 'not paying attention' snark wasn't really necessary, but i won't get into an argument about it. I'll be getting this when it comes out, but I'll be looking more forwards to a possible gen 8 reveal next year.

Hmm...I'm...disappointed. Not saying my standards/expectations for this game was high to begin with, but...I don't really like this game idea, or this games premise.

I don't like the shameless shoehorning in of Pokemon GO. If I wanted to play Pokemon GO, I'd play Pokemon GO. I don't like the games premise being like the offspring of the main series games and GO.

I don't like the fact there aren't going to be any random encounters. I guess you can this is a spinoff game so to speak, they are free to do whatever they want; but you can't just throw anything against the wall and hope it sticks. These games do have the potential to be good, I mean people will still buy them, play them, complain about them.

Pokemon Yellow was one of the games that really had no "remake" since the remakes began. FR/LG had no traces of Yellow, while HG/SS and OR/AS were a combination of the games in their series (G/S/C and R/S/E respectively). I like Yellow as a game, partially because I still like Pikachu as a Pokemon; although it hasn't been my favorite Pokemon for years and years now.

I've been wanting to get a Switch (primarily for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, TBH). I'll give the game(s) a look at, I'll probably buy one of them.

But, if I buy these games, I'm going in with tempered expectations.

Well, I get to get a Pidgey, so that it important. I hope it can ride on my head. At least Eevee is getting the attention that Pikachu has been getting so that it cool. I hope I can dress up my Vaporeon too (and my Pidgey.) I hate that they integrated Pokemon GO into this game since I really don't like playing it and now have to play it again, which I almost never did. Will hate to miss getting Zapdos because I didn't do any of the RNG raids.

Ok! This is good news.
If you look at at Pokemon TCG-wise, a new Generation would be more logical at the end of 2019. After 11-12 sets!

And this thing is good! We get a Kanto-remake and will get new Pokemon in 2019! So it's a win-win. We have to wait 365 days longer, but it will be worth it. We have a very good thing to fill the gap.

But to be sure? Are there only Kanto Pokemon In Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? So Eevee won't evolve in Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and others? And Smoochum, Magmortar, Porygon-Z and other won't be in the game as well?

Nope. This doesn't make me happy at all. I'm sick of Kanto, I was never a fan of Pokemon GO, and I do not like that it seems that there are no new Pokemon (unless the teaser at the end was referencing that). I'm now looking forward to the core games coming in 2019.

I completely agree.
I want a Sinnoh Remake. Not another remake of a remake with go integration...

Blech, all gimmicks and silly things, no good core gameplay or progress onto the next level for the series. Luckily I wasn't expecting Gen 8 until 2019 anyway, so this is just sort of an extra "eh, pass" for me.

Thank goodness. For 1 minute I thought these were going to be the core switch games.. As if GameFreak sold their soul and went full Pokemon Go just to sell units, but the real games arrive in 2019 apparently. The ''Go'ish'' games will be good in the mean time :)

Well, I get to get a Pidgey, so that it important. I hope it can ride on my head. At least Eevee is getting the attention that Pikachu has been getting so that it cool. I hope I can dress up my Vaporeon too (and my Pidgey.) I hate that they integrated Pokemon GO into this game since I really don't like playing it and now have to play it again, which I almost never did. Will hate to miss getting Zapdos because I didn't do any of the RNG raids.
Zapdos was just available as a non-raid encounter if you complete a week of research quests I think. It's a little late though since the encounter is being changed to Articuno 6/1 20:00 UTC.

Ok! This is good news.
If you look at at Pokemon TCG-wise, a new Generation would be more logical at the end of 2019. After 11-12 sets!

And this thing is good! We get a Kanto-remake and will get new Pokemon in 2019! So it's a win-win. We have to wait 365 days longer, but it will be worth it. We have a very good thing to fill the gap.

But to be sure? Are there only Kanto Pokemon In Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? So Eevee won't evolve in Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and others? And Smoochum, Magmortar, Porygon-Z and other won't be in the game as well?
I'm actually curious about that too. They confirmed that since alolan forms originated in Kanto, they just are different forms, they will be available in the let's go games. It wouldn't surprise me if that means other evolutions are available too. I read somewhere that the kanto 151 is confirmed, plus some more, but I'm not sure if the plus some more is referring just to different forms, evolutions, the new unrevealed pokemon (yes it was confirmed that the little teaser at the end is indeed a new pokemon), or what.

Also, we need to keep in mind that go is not a must play to play the let's go games (more of an extra imo, but I guess you could say you should play it for the full experience). It looks like the main purpose of go is to just transfer pokemon to the switch, as well as to receive the special gift pokemon on the go side of things. Of course, there's still plenty of missing details, but that's just my opinion based on what has been seen and is currently known. I'm just glad we get not just one set of games this year, but also new games next year (which sounds like gen 8!!!).

wat

omg wat

You're main reason for not wanting a hypothetical unreleased game to be set in a certain region is that the original contained bullying and gambling? That's just insane. Voltorb Flip is not going to incentivize gambling addiction. Bullying happens to everyone. Both being present could actively discourage those activities if portrayed in a controlled environment, such as a game for kids. Blue is not the hero. I hope I'm just reading you wrong, cause this reasoning is so fallacious it makes my head hurt.

Is he not entitled to enjoy the game because he is younger than you?
I'm younger than him actually, but he was saying how gen 1 sucks, and for many people, nostalgia is a big factor for them to like gen 1.

We have come full circle and made Stadium small enough to fit into a handheld console. This could be a proto generation VIII vibe game to ooze us in the exact opposite way the Ultra games failed to do so. It kinda acts like a remake of Yellow and I hope the secret character at the end is Gorochu.

If Kadabra and Missingno. are not appearing and are being wiped off for this game. I'm suing them for destroying my childhood and all its years of anticipation for exactly this.

Back