Major Changes Coming to 'Fates Collide' Prereleases!

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Okay so luckily there was more than enough at my pre-release so I decided to attend to round off the numbers. I can confirm that the deck lists in this article are false to a degree. They are indeed partially random, but also helpful for the pre-release. In this set's case anyway. The card choices could have been better, even more beneficial. Another thing I'd like to point out is the fact that these boxes seem to guarantee at least one Pokemon-EX or BREAK. Tyranitar seemed to take up a majority of the "mini decks" people got, almost like a specific rarity. Tyranitar being Common, Zygarde being Uncommon, White Kyurem being Rare, and Moltres seeming to be the lowest chance. But I'm sure this is just something to do with the packaging and shipment.

Pull-wise my box granted me a Full-Art Glaceon EX in the first pack and an Umbreon EX in the last pack. I also got two Delphox Breaks. Pretty much everything in the set was pulled at the pre-release except Team Rocket's Handiwork Full-Art (Which is a bummer cause I literally went around asking everyone if they had it :'C )

Also no one was happy pulling a Tyranitar Deck because it was extremely useless. Delphox and Carbink were pretty good choices.

The place I go to ran an unofficial pre-release on Saturday as well as the official one on Sunday. We had eight people show up each time, pretty much the same people at that. I also saw a box opened beforehand two days before the pre-release so we had an idea on what to expect. They originally thought the promo couldn't be used though until I read the sheet that came with it to confirm that the promo could be used. This box contained a Delphox BREAK and Zygarde EX. Those are on hold for me until they can sell them ;).

However I can tell you that these do NOT guarantee a Pokémon EX or BREAK as there was at least one person at my pre-release who did not get anything of that sort. However the chances are high as my first time I pulled Regirock EX (worked okay in my deck with two 50% Zygarde's, Hawlucha and Lucario) and Omastar BREAK (couldn't use it). I also won that one ultimately and got two extra packs for winning and got a second Regirock EX. The second one only gave me a Carbink BREAK and I had no Carbinks to use it. The chances however were pretty high, I too had someone pull a Full art Altaria EX and an Umbreon EX.

Most of the mini decks I saw seemed to have White Kyurem, including my first one. In addition I also had a White Kyurem in the booster packs. The person who built their deck across from me also had a White Kyurem deck with a second obtained through the booster. My second one sadly was Tyranitar (I wanted Zygarde) though one of the packs had yet another White Kyurem. The biggest problem there (aside from the fact I think the card in general is horrible) is that the 'deck' comes with one Larvitar and one Pupitar. Unless you get at least one more of each through your packs it's virtually impossible to rely on. Delphox was really good though and it was funny to see a Carbink BREAK played on the Safeguard version against Altaria EX. I myself got into a Dewgong vs Dewgong match of which I barely won. Chaos Town was a big help during the last two turns since I elected to take the side that prevent sleep and confusion, the two status effects Dewgong could deliver.

I hope that is one thing they change in the future, no card should be a promo for their 'box decks' if it has to be part of a huge evolution line that they don't provide decent support for (at least they did this for Delphox), and in fact I think it shouldn't even be one that has an evolution line at all so that way using the card is much more viable.

Also ended up trading to get M. Altaria EX full art, Genesect EX and Diancie EX, so it was a nice weekend. Looking forward to trying the next pre-release toward the end of August.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I can't complain at all from the pre-releases I went to this weekend. While I did not place top 4 on Saturday going 2-1, I did not get a good pull all day except 1 Mew before matches and 1 Audino EX after matches. Sunday was another story. For the first flight I again pulled 0 Ex's and 0 Breaks, but did pull 2 Mew's. I went 2-0-1 and ended up getting an Alakasam secret rare from additional top 4 packs. The 2nd flight was my best though. Pulled my 4th mew, Audino EX and a Carbink Break. Went 3-0 to get top 4 again and 4 additional booster packs. I pulled another Alakasam secret rare and a Altaria EX FA. Overall I can't complain about the weekend. Had fun making decks and the cards they give you allow you to make a competitive deck for a pre-release. Granted it took less effort to make the deck, but the addition of the supporters you were given sped the games up and I at least enjoyed playing instead of dead drawing energy for 5 turns. Saw a lot of good strategy put to use with the cards people received. I definately support this format more than the old pre-release format.

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
That Delphox is pretty good, my daughter said a kid used it against her at the prerelease and it did over 200 damage for it's attack (20x all energy in play). That's better than the Expanded Gallade (powerful storm).

I didn't even realize what the attack was when making my deck, I was in a rush to get mine together and help my 2 daughters make theirs. I would have used it myself had I known it was that good.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
I went to 2 prereleases this weekend. The first one I had a T-tar deck with Delphox, and just ran the Delphox line with some other stuff I pulled (including one Mew, which was great to use its move to search out Delphox evolutions), and went 3-0. Too bad no bonuses for winning. Also my Mew always died to a Mandibuzz Bone Drop.

The 2nd prerelease I got Zygarde and the Lucario line, and lost against everyone who played Delphox.

Lesson learned: Delphox is OP in prerelease and these decks were likely not balance tested. :p

Between my 2 prereleases, I did manage to pull a FA Umbreon-EX, 2 steel Genesect-EX, an Omastar BREAK, and 2 reverse foil Mew. Also traded for a whole stack of code cards.

Nyora

A Cat
If you could choose these, Zygarde is a winna. Cuz Moltres and Tyrannitar are bad cuz they have weakness to the other to packs.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I didnt see or know of too many people that actually used their promo in the match unless they had to. Delphox was the ticket to be honest. If you played against any attackers with big attacks they were attaching 2-3 energies to them plus at least 3 on Delphox? You're already swinging for 120, which KO'd most of the stage 2 at the pre-release.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Going to another pre-release this saturday. Wish me luck that I won't get another Moltres Promo

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Super disappointed with today's prerelease.

I was told it was going to be even prizes, 3 or 4 to everyone. So I signed up.

Later it was revealed 2 to everyone, then anywhere from +2 to +11 for the top 8 (there was like 24 of us). Naturally I was mad because I have the worst card luck known to man... but I stayed in.

Lo and behold the "best" card I pulled was Omastar BREAK, not a single EX or good evo line.

I went 1-2, no extra packs other than the 2. :(

Sighhhhhh. There goes $35. Drowning my sorrows in a $6.50 mango-strawberry smoothie I'm enjoying a lot more than the prerelease haha

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm, pretty sure everyone gets an Evo line with their box. I went 3-0 with a Delphox line. Worked great!

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Never going to any prerelease again. I got the same exact promo deck as last prelease, got desent pulls but LEFT ALL MY RELEASE STUFF AT THE STORE!!!! Today wasn't the best day...

Poliwrath4120

Aspiring Trainer
So Fates Collide Pre-Release has commenced at my local game shop and I have not seen many posts about peoples experiences. We had 2 flights (I could only make one) and had about 25 players mixed between age groups. So I want to know what exciting cards people are pulling, but more interestingly what decks people made.

In my booster packs from my Pre-Release Box I pulled 5 Carbinks (I know, a little over kill) and the Altaria-EX. I saw a lot of fighting types on top of my Zygarde promo-card. Naturally I built a fighting deck. Being my first pre-release I was unsure of what to expect from other players.

I saw a Regirock-EX as well as a M Alakazam-EX. After the dust settled and everyone was given thier 3 prize boosters I opened a Alakazam-EX Secret Rare as well as M Alakazam. Not too shabby for a first Pre-Release.

1094169.jpg

As far as what everyone else play, I think I was one of 3 or 4 decks that did not run Seel and Dewgong. Dewgong seemed to run things this weekend shutting down everything with Freezing Breath, then using that Aurora Beam to find a KO.

I can't wait to hear about others experiences

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
So because you left your stuff at the store you're not going to one ever again? Makes sense...

Phototoxin

I herd u leik mudkipz?
Pulled 2 Altaria EX (1 FA), and 3 Mothims (1 shiny) and 2 Reniculus. We did draft of 6 packs.

I went 4 Burmy 3 Wormdam 3 Mothim* + 5 Solosis + 2 Duosin + 2 Reniculus to counter the fighting that everyone else seemed to play.

Beat random fighting/khangaskhan/pigs 2-0 R1, Weezing+Chaos Tower 2-0 R2 and Fight Alone Lucario (he had 3!!) 1-0 in R3

*In my noobness I though Mothim evolved from Wormdam

Electricbluewolf

Ditto Hoarder
I went to two Pre-Releases and pulled:

FA Glaceon
M Audino
M Altria
M Alakazam
Diancie EX
Holo Delphox

As I'm in the UK we didn't get the little set of cards or even out promos as they weren't delivered (no one in the UK has had them apparently) Weezing and the stadium that prevents poison/confusion worked really well for me, and so did Diancie with it's second attack. Mothim/Wordmodam also worked for me during te second lot of matches

BlazingZekrom

dragon artist :v
I was really hating these seed decks but they weren't that bad after all. I had a really OP deck with zygarde holo, dewgong and I was lucky enough to pull some special fighting energy and a zygarde EX. Long live prereleases!