Major Changes Coming to 'Fates Collide' Prereleases!

Oh, good. All four pre-release promos are Black Star Promos. As a collector, I can hardly contain my frustra--excitement. That's what I always wanted for the pre-releases that I only go to one of per new set.

Sarcasm aside, I'm still fine with this new idea for pre-releases, but why one earth does there need to be four different promos? They could have just as easily kept making one pre-release promo and included the regular versions of the cards featured in the four decks. But now instead of going to a pre-release, getting the one exclusive thing, and being done, now it's 1/4 of the way done. Hooray. (And if you want to go to another pre-release to get a different promo, there's a 25% chance you'll get the same promo. Yay.)

/mildly annoyed rant over

hmm looking at the revealed evo packs so far out of 22 cards you are getting 4 rares guaranteed (5 if you count the promo) it seems so that's a better then average pull rate compared to a reg pack, trainers could be a little better, but there is enough there to make for a much more competitive tournament.

also yes you can use the promo during deck construction as here states

Each participant receives a Prerelease box containing a 22-card Prerelease pack, four 10-card booster packs, and an exclusive foil promo card. Players will use these cards, plus Energy provided by the Tournament Organizer, to construct a 40-card deck.

Well I got my answer. I really like those promos, and since I won the BREAKPoint prerelease why not give this a spin? Can't hate it 'till ya try it. :) Besides. Even if I hate the prerelease's new style I want that Zygarde.

I hate the new PreRelease BS, 4 Packs (6 if you count evolution packs) for $30?! Seems like a rip off to me

I hate the new PreRelease BS, 4 Packs (6 if you count evolution packs) for $30?! Seems like a rip off to me

your forgetting the 3 extra after the tournament is over, that's around 9 packs for $30, the previous version was 6 +2 after (8 total) for $30

Well now it's just not worth it.

They couldn't have gone with better trainer cards and supporters? Or maybe even some basic energy and a mono-deck? Hell they could have made it go to 30 cards easily.

and the possibility of not being able to get your final packs....

No thanks. This isn't a pre-release. They need to go back to the old system, because this new system just clearly can't work if they're not willing to make it work in the player's favor.

I dislike that the Decks give such fleshed out Pokemon lines. It kind of defeats the purpose of a Sneak, no? Your pulls, unless you happen to stumble upon a Pokemon-EX, good basic, or especially good Trainer, seem almost entirely irrelevant now. I will say that I do like that the two we know of do line up with BREAKs in the set, however, making it more likely for you to be able to use a BREAK you happen to pull. But the fact none of these Pokemon are Colorless is moronic. (you shouldn't be effectively type-locked due to the Deck you get, which, considering you get less packs to build your deck with, is quite possible now.)

They did a great job with picking Trainers, however. (Though I'm not necessarily a fan of how inconsistent they seem to be amongst eachother. The bigger supporter line in the Zygarde deck is a big deal.)

And from a collector's standpoint... Yay, I get to hunt down a staff White Kyurem...

But that is only if you win the game though

that depends on the venue check ahead of time how the stores around you are giving out the prize packs some are giving the 3 to everyone some are based on wins/rank in tournament, pick the format you're more comfortable with.

If you think about it, you are basically paying $28 (retail) for the 7 packs *assuming you go to the places where guaranteed 3 ending packs* and $2 for 22 bulk cards a promo and a code card. Its not that great and definitely not convincing to want to go to a prerelease, when I can buy a box for 3x the price, but 5x the content.

I've never found PreReleases as the cheapest way to obtain cards, and instead I often like to go for the fun of it. I like making decks and the challenge it brings, and I catch up with my friends at the same time. Though, I'm a bit concerned that this static 22 card pack may hurt that aspect I find fun.

I never thought pre-releases were worth it for the money. I'm like some other people. I enjoy seeing the new cards, seeing what you get in the packs and making a 40 card deck to battle with. It's more for fun than for the money. Now it's more worth it for me. If you go 3-0 you get 4 additional packs. Last pre-release I went 3-0 and got nothing.

No everyone gets the 3 packs for just playing in the tournament, there are no actual prizes because when they did give out prizes people would exploit it

"At the end of the tournament, each player will also get three additional booster packs from Fates Collide, although it is up to the discretion of the tournament organizer how to award them (they may distribute all of them to the top finishers rather than giving three to everyone)."

"At the end of the tournament, each player will also get three additional booster packs from Fates Collide, although it is up to the discretion of the tournament organizer how to award them (they may distribute all of them to the top finishers rather than giving three to everyone)."
Okay, my bad I'm going to three and none of them do it like that so I assumed they did like that everywhere

I thought that originally but I got to play in the prerelease yesterday. The local place by me did it on Thursday. I felt with the old prerelease style that I had no interest in playing the games at all, I didn't win anything and all the missing evolutions just sucked. Last time all players mutually wanted to quit so we can just get the packs. The chance to get more packs was actually pretty fun. I normally dread prerelease but this one was actually fun

Thank goodness the POP organizers got their act together in Virginia:
From their webpage:
At the end of the event, players receive two or more booster packs of the upcoming set

I have just seen a video where instead of Delphox in the Zygarde deck, you can get Barbaracle.
Also, another Zyagarde deck with Mandibuzz and Kangaskhan instead of Shuckle and Delphox.

So the Pokemon see to be SEMI RANDOM.

Back