Major Changes Coming to 'Fates Collide' Prereleases!

I am quite intrigued about the whole pre-release deck thing. Sadly if it weren't for having to go back to Ireland for a bit, I'd attend it. Oh well, can always hope for the next XY set that I'll be in a place that runs prereleases.

I have finally figured this out --

At your prerelease, everyone will receive 1 of 4 promos.
Of those promos, you are guaranteed 1 of 4 "11-card mini decks" based on that promo's type.
In addition, you will get 1 of the other 3 "11-card mini decks" that you did not get.

Here are the decks:
White Kyurem - Guaranteed WATER + 1 Random Other Type
Moltres - Guaranteed FIRE + 1 Random Other Type
Zygarde - Guaranteed FIGHTING + 1 Random Other Type
Tyranitar - Guaranteed DARKNESS + 1 Random Other Type

Water Deck:
x1 Great Ball
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Shauna
x2 Seel
x2 Dewgong
x2 Binacle
x2 Barbaracle (Rare)

Fighting Deck:
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Tierno
x1 Shauna
x2 Carbink
x1 Hawlucha
x3 Riolu
x2 Lucario (Rare)

Fire Deck:
x1 Switch
x1 Tierno
x1 Professor's Letter
x2 Shuckle
x2 Fennekin
x2 Braixen
x2 Delphox (Rare) *Normally a Holo Rare, but non holo in this deck, meaning special foil.

Darkness Deck:
x1 Kangaskhan
x1 Switch
x1 Great Ball
x1 Tierno
x3 Vullaby
x2 Mandibuzz (Rare)
x1 Larvitar
x1 Pupitar

Of those promos, you are guaranteed 1 of 4 "11-card mini decks" based on that promo's type.
In addition, you will get 1 of the other 3 "11-card mini decks" that you did not get.

Here are the decks:

Water Deck:
x1 Great Ball
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Shauna
x2 Seel
x2 Dewgong
x2 Binacle
x2 Barbaracle (Rare)

Fighting Deck:
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Tierno
x1 Shauna
x2 Carbink
x1 Hawlucha
x3 Riolu
x2 Lucario (Rare)

Fire Deck:
x1 Switch
x1 Tierno
x1 Professor's Letter
x2 Shuckle
x2 Fennekin
x2 Braixen
x2 Delphox (Rare) *Normally a Holo Rare, but non holo in this deck, meaning special foil.

Darkness Deck:
x1 Kangaskhan
x1 Switch
x1 Great Ball
x1 Tierno
x3 Vullaby
x2 Mandibuzz (Rare)
x1 Larvitar
x1 Pupitar
silly question, but, can you get, for example, a zygarde deck with another fighting deck? would seem weird, but i wouldn't be suprised. i kinda want to get the tyranitar and water decks, just because of the trainers included.

silly question, but, can you get, for example, a zygarde deck with another fighting deck? would seem weird, but i wouldn't be suprised. i kinda want to get the tyranitar and water decks, just because of the trainers included.

You won't get 4 of Lucario in a Zygarde deck for example, so no you cannot get repeats. In addition, you cannot choose which deck to get either :(

I just came back from a prerelease.. everyone got 3 extra packs at the end of it plus they gave out more extra packs for the top 6 players. 1st-2nd got 6 more packs, 3rd-4th got 4 packs and 5th-6th 2 packs. I didn't win any extra though lol :(

Here are the decks:

Water Deck:
x1 Great Ball
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Shauna
x2 Seel
x2 Dewgong
x2 Binacle
x2 Barbaracle (Rare)

Fighting Deck:
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Tierno
x1 Shauna
x2 Carbink
x1 Hawlucha
x3 Riolu
x2 Lucario (Rare)

Fire Deck:
x1 Switch
x1 Tierno
x1 Professor's Letter
x2 Shuckle
x2 Fennekin
x2 Braixen

Darkness Deck:
x1 Kangaskhan
x1 Switch
x1 Great Ball
x1 Tierno
x3 Vullaby
x2 Mandibuzz (Rare)
x1 Larvitar
x1 Pupitar

This is great! Thanks for your detective work! I actually appreciate this a lot.

I just came back from a prerelease.. everyone got 3 extra packs at the end of it plus they gave out more extra packs for the top 6 players. 1st-2nd got 6 more packs, 3rd-4th got 4 packs and 5th-6th 2 packs. I didn't win any extra though lol :(

I'm praying my prerelease is like this. This is actually pretty great (as long as people don't exploit / cheat)!

Just got back from my prerelease and was undefeated, got my extra 3 packs. I got pretty lucky too

I won the prerelease! Alright! Got an extra 8 packs at the end of the tournament. I guess this one does by winners? Pulled a full art Umbreon EX, Delphox BREAK, a regular Glaceon EX, and the full art Mega Alakazam EX. The pull rates from this set are off the charts... I encourage EVERYONE to try it out. The new prerelease's are super fun, maybe more fun than the now retired style. I really enjoyed trying out new Fates Collide cards (and I got the Zygarde...YES!) and I strongly encourage you guys to try it out.

I won the prerelease! Alright! Got an extra 8 packs at the end of the tournament. I guess this one does by winners? Pulled a full art Umbreon EX, Delphox BREAK, a regular Glaceon EX, and the full art Mega Alakazam EX. The pull rates from this set are off the charts... I encourage EVERYONE to try it out. The new prerelease's are super fun, maybe more fun than the now retired style. I really enjoyed trying out new Fates Collide cards (and I got the Zygarde...YES!) and I strongly encourage you guys to try it out.
Holy shit lucky you

i just did mine and i got the moltres set it has

• 2 fenniken
  • 2 braxen
  • 2 delphox
  • 1 moltres
  • 2 carbink
  • 1 hawlucha
  • 2 shuckle
  • 2 prof letter
  • 2 tierno
  • 1 switch
  • 2 rioulu
  • 2 lucario
  • 1 shauna

Holy crap! 6 EXTRA PACKS?!?!?! i usually do well in the prerelease tourneys, with BREAKpoint, I got second in my age division, and first in my age division in BREAKthrough. I'm actually looking forward to this tourney, which i wasn't because of the lower amount of packs given out. I only pulled a slowking at the BREAKpoint rarity wise, so if I pull anything even decent in Fates collide, I might have a fair shot at some extra packs. Where was the event that you attended?

Holy crap! 6 EXTRA PACKS?!?!?! i usually do well in the prerelease tourneys, with BREAKpoint, I got second in my age division, and first in my age division in BREAKthrough. I'm actually looking forward to this tourney, which i wasn't because of the lower amount of packs given out. I only pulled a slowking at the BREAKpoint rarity wise, so if I pull anything even decent in Fates collide, I might have a fair shot at some extra packs. Where was the event that you attended?
My local place would give out 2 packs per win in 4-round tournaments and 1 pack for no wins. I won 6 packs at my Plasma Blast prerelease and got a Staff Promo for coming 4th

Edits post to add another deck list after people point out the deck lists are randomised between a few things .-.

Here are the decks:

Water Deck:
x1 Great Ball
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Shauna
x2 Seel
x2 Dewgong
x2 Binacle
x2 Barbaracle (Rare)

Fighting Deck:
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Tierno
x1 Shauna
x2 Carbink
x1 Hawlucha
x3 Riolu
x2 Lucario (Rare)

Fire Deck:
x1 Switch
x1 Tierno
x1 Professor's Letter
x2 Shuckle
x2 Fennekin
x2 Braixen

Darkness Deck:
x1 Kangaskhan
x1 Switch
x1 Great Ball
x1 Tierno
x3 Vullaby
x2 Mandibuzz (Rare)
x1 Larvitar
x1 Pupitar

@Water Pokémon Master can you please edit the post with a new, more accurate update, as the decks are randomized :p

Alright, it isn't refined as a concept yet. But the idea of a fixed deck used as a starting point for a draft format is what I am most excited about.
Yep, my Pokémon cube is going to be under construction very soon.

I went to my prerelease yesterday with my 2 daughters, we got the Zygarde, White Kyurem and Tyranitar promos, everyone got 4 extra boosters at the end, this particular store did not offer any extra prizes for the winners, the games were strictly for fun. But everyone got 8 boosters, so I was happy.

Okay so luckily there was more than enough at my pre-release so I decided to attend to round off the numbers. I can confirm that the deck lists in this article are false to a degree. They are indeed partially random, but also helpful for the pre-release. In this set's case anyway. The card choices could have been better, even more beneficial. Another thing I'd like to point out is the fact that these boxes seem to guarantee at least one Pokemon-EX or BREAK. Tyranitar seemed to take up a majority of the "mini decks" people got, almost like a specific rarity. Tyranitar being Common, Zygarde being Uncommon, White Kyurem being Rare, and Moltres seeming to be the lowest chance. But I'm sure this is just something to do with the packaging and shipment.

Pull-wise my box granted me a Full-Art Glaceon EX in the first pack and an Umbreon EX in the last pack. I also got two Delphox Breaks. Pretty much everything in the set was pulled at the pre-release except Team Rocket's Handiwork Full-Art (Which is a bummer cause I literally went around asking everyone if they had it :'C )

Also no one was happy pulling a Tyranitar Deck because it was extremely useless. Delphox and Carbink were pretty good choices.

Our pre-releases in Ohio were great. We had raffle drawings and top 4 got 4 additional booster packs.

Just went to a local card shop, the little shop of magic.

Back