Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG. After I died, I thought scum had this in the bag, that was a pretty good turnabout, town.

And yeah, I was the indie. Shocking, eh? Except scum ruined the surprise a bit by posting it LOL The one IE posted was kind of modified a bit though

For lulz, let me quote what I posted when I received my role PM.

OMG THIS ROLE

This, like, the 4th straight game since I've hosted that I've been mafia/indie. I'm becoming the new TwistedTurtwig, I swear. OTL

Last edited:
Self-protect in and of itself is fine. It would only be game breaking if the person who could do it also had an investigative role of some kind, or was in cahoots with one.

Yeah, so my first time ever as scum, I don't even have access to the QT, and therefore no one to coach me along and teach me the basics... I wanted to cry.

Honestly, I was pretty impressed with your play without a QT for your first time as mafia. Besides, there's really not any basics to teach when you're mafia, aside from 'look like town'.

Saying that could be taken by some people as, "we don't want to play with you anymore because you're ruining the game", even though it isn't meant that way.
If you're not playing the game you signed up for (which is what inactive players do), you are ruining the game and personally, I'd rather not play with people who have a reputation of being inactive.

If you don't show up for work, you don't usually get to keep your job long.

Thanks for the games hosts. Activity wise we just need to cut down our game size. We can support around 13 players right now and anything higher will be plagued with inactivity. Small games aren't worse. Switching to smaller games will probably be a good thing anyways since we have so many people wanting to host and the wait in-between games won't be long.
Can we please do this? I feel like it's a benefit for everyone at this point in out metagame. I don't see much downside to doing this.

I was upset that there were no rat attacks. Why not make a call back to the great deadchat spam of XXXIII?
Pretty sure this is sarcasm but in the event it's not, ratspam is the definition of unnecessary.

He means rat spam specifically. There was a ton of spam in the scum chat, but none of it was rat related.

He means rat spam specifically. There was a ton of spam in the scum chat, but none of it was rat related.

Yeah, it would have been nice to have had some callback to my game, but no spam would have been better. It just goes to show you how OP QT spies/moles/deadchat viewers are. Future hosts should never use these roles at all.

Quote from the dead chat.
Also like someone said earlier I hate QT tappers. There is a clear counter play that is by nature anti fun. Since its relatively common here every scum chat should be spamming the chat which sucks. QTs are meant to be a place for safe communication. For a similar example see exhibit A (Rat Attack).

Unfortunately nothing short of a site-wide QT tapper ban can prevent future scum teams from spamming their QT. Quite honestly that seems like the most reasonable course of action considering I don't think anyone actually enjoys the role.

If you're not playing the game you signed up for (which is what inactive players do), you are ruining the game and personally, I'd rather not play with people who have a reputation of being inactive.

After talking with a few folks, I feel like the main problem is specifically that people are lurking. A lot of players seem to be around and active enough to post, but they just don't because they don't have 'much to say' or are afraid to say something wrong. Of course, both are unnecessary "fears", because a) Your opinion is always valid and is pro-town and b) The 'right' things you say should outbalance the 'wrong' things if you're town. =P

I think quick games would really benefit everyone. 1) If you miss the signups for a game you have to wait less time 2) You will have a higher concentration of people who want to play 3) Anyone else who didn't get in can be a sub, so we will have a lower chance of having people who are inactive and not being subbed out. 4)Every lynch matters in a smaller game, so it is definitely more interesting.

I'm doing my best to do the role analysis while Carson does players. Not sure how long either will be at this point. I'm trying to get it done, though––I've just got other priorities, like school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back