Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

All right, we'll do this the tie-vote way. Sorry, Drac.

##VOTE: GM DRACLORD

Drac, it's on you. Jabberwock and I aren't scum. TAE is the only one who can be scum. If you want me to explain it again I will, but the only way TAE is getting lynched is if you break the tie.

##VOTE: TheAnticipationEevee

I
hope camo was right about you PMJ, But i still not convince on the reason you silent tae pmj, it is really a scum like move

I silenced him because I had to pick someone. I think he's scum, so it's natural that I pick him.

@Jabberwock I'd rather not run out the clock on this. How can I convince you to change your vote?

His claim has mod-confirmed flavor in it. When he used his action on me, I was told I received a stuffed husky, and that matches his role.

As a minor point, I also feel like if he were scum, he would have shown a lot less resistance to the TAE wagon, especially since it's mylo. All he'd have to do is convince you to vote TAE, then hammer once you do.

@Jabberwock I'd rather not run out the clock on this. How can I convince you to change your vote?
I'll go for it. Not totally sure Drac's not scum but I also realize I'm not convincing you, so fine; let's go with the TAE lynch. Hoping you're really as confident about this as you say you are.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: THEANTICIPATIONEEVEE

Final Night

The sun shone intensely and started to set as the four remaining insurgents typed furiously on their devices and decided on a final lynch target, one known as TheAnticipationEevee. As Jabberwock gave in and placed the final vote, the PA system almost instantly crackled back to life and the voice spoke quickly. Its emotions couldn’t be read, however, setting even more fear in the hearts of the other three.

“TheAnticipationEevee, you are the last of us to die. Prepare your final wishes and come to the cafeteria, where I’ll be happy to end your life––and this war…” As everyone slowly made their way to the enclosed space, TheAnticipationEevee lamented over the events since they had stepped in. They had barely been able to say anything, as they felt too tired to even move in recent days. They weren’t able to do anything about their situation, but they knew what was coming would have happened sooner or later. The sun had almost completely set as everyone finally met in their seats.

“So, TheAnticipationEevee… please stand up,” demanded the cloaked being. However, no one expected the cloaked person themselves to take off the black cape and stand up, revealing a blonde with a pink dress and a red bow in their hair, the lilac shoes stained with blood and oil. The other three gasped in surprise. They really had killed the final Dark!

TheAnticipationEevee revealed himself! He was:

You are Paula Polestar, a PSI-powered, telepathic 11-year old girl aligned with The Darks. You weren’t necessarily wanting to join in with this senseless turf war, but you did it anyways simply to represent your side of the school, as refusing to do so would have easily made you the target of a senseless beating. Your PSI should be fairly useful here…

Active Ability: Lost Place
Even though you’re a Dark, that doesn’t mean you always hang out with them. You barely know them by name and often hang out somewhere by yourself. Once per night (including Night 0), you may PM the hosts four names. You will be alerted if any of those names are on The Darks. When you have found the rest of the Darks, you will be able to join their QT, which will be PM’d to you.

Passive Ability: Strength By Selfdom
Although it may be a good idea to find the rest of your Dark comrades, you work better on your own as opposed to groups as you’re able to use your PSI best without distractions. If you choose not to use Lost Place one night, your vote weight will be 2 in the next day phase.

Active Ability: Telepathy
Your PSI allows you to talk with others in their minds and even see their current thought train. Three times in the game, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will receive their alignment.

Win Condition: Outnumber the Interspectaculars at the beginning of any phase.

“Yes… I was the last Dark. I was the one who killed Dr. Light. But I never wanted to do this! I was forced into this! I even kept my difference from the other Darks for as long as I could… but eventually, I realized I couldn’t do this alone. And I was right! It was horrible, just as I predicted. Please, when I’m gone, think of this: Not all of us Darks are like them…” A final, wretched scream sounded out through the halls as Paula stabbed herself quickly, removing the knife and flinging it as far as she could before falling to the ground in thefatal position. A frightening but victorious vibe fell upon the bloodied Academy cafeteria, and a grey skinned woman decided to reveal herself at last, the self-advertising on her tank top instantly making her real-life identity obvious.

“Who was silencing everyone, you may ask?” The woman laughed subtly. “What else would you have expected? The district gave me some anesthesia fluid recently. I present to you PMJ!”

PMJ has revealed himself! He was:
You are Mrs. Summer Fit, the universal PE teacher, and a caring woman who is aligned with The Interspectaculars. Having known the pain of a death close to you and the tragedy of a war as this, you’re taking things into your own hands to prevent deaths the best you can with your first-aid skills.

Active Ability: First-Aid Kit
Not only are you skilled in the arts of sports and physical activity, but you are also skilled in first-aid and the best ways to prevent injury on people, something of which Mr. Game would be able to vouch for. Once per night, you may PM the hosts two names. Those people will receive treatment from your first-aid kit and be protected from the nightkill.

Passive Ability: Accidental Anesthesia
Your first aid treatments can take a lot out of a person, and can often leave them out of breath for a while. When you use First Aid Kit, you must bold one name. That player will be the victim of an accidental dose of anesthesia, and not only will they not be protected by the night kill, but they will also be so tired they can’t even speak and will be silenced for the next day phase.

Win Condition: Kill all who pose a threat to the Interspectaculars.

“Wait, where’s that phone?” exclaimed a girl with short black hair and a mint-coloured dress across the chairs. She stood up and dug through her handbag, as Mrs. Fit and the other person stared at her, until she eventually held up a 2012 model PokéGear with a shattered screen. She only then noticed the others staring and decided she may as well reveal herself. “Oh, uh, sorry about that! Um, I’m GM Draclord!”

GM Draclord has revealed himself! He was:

You are Tracy Michelin, an 11-year old aligned with The Interspectaculars. You snuck into the high school to just say hello to “Nessten” and you have no idea what’s going on, but you figure you’ll play along with it as long as you get to irritate your brother. However, you have your handbag of all trades on you, which has some pretty useful items you’re going to want to use.

Active Ability: Mirror of Vanity (Locked)

Active Ability: Hacked Mobile Phone (Locked)

Active Ability: Lavender Perfume (Locked)

Passive Ability: Desperate PSI (Locked)

As the two tried to lighten the mood, a third person stayed in his seat, thinking about everything that had happened over the course of the war and how he’d lost his loved one. As tears welled in his eyes, he decided to sidetrack himself and reveal his identity.

“Who want cookies?” shouted the boy, reaching into his shorts pockets and pulling out an entire plastic bag filled with gingerbread cookies. “Have lots! Sakura made them! I am Jabberwock!”

Jabberwock revealed himself! He was:
You are Benjamin Cloviet, an innocent, shy 13-year old aligned with the Interspectaculars. You weren’t feeling good and were about to go home when the doors got locked on you, so you aren’t in the best mood right now. Sakura went off somewhere for no reason, and you don’t know for sure if she’ll be coming back…

Active Ability: Tearful Timber (Locked)

Passive Ability: Pedro
Everywhere you go, Pedro is there. Anyone who’s ever picked the stuffed husky up would know the doll is known for captivating people––heck, Al Catraz even said so himself. Once per night, you may PM the hosts a player name. That player will be given this item for the day and their vote weight will become 2. You will be given Pedro back at the end of the day, and you may not give it to the same person again in the game.

Passive Ability: Gingerbread Cookies
You always have a stash of gingerbread cookies, and you know them inside-out. They also make good bait for people since no one likes to turn down a nice snack. If you are targeted by an ability, others won’t be able to see who targeted you because of their need to eat a gingerbread cookie upon watching you.

The moon had now risen over the Academy, and as our three remaining Interspectaculars left towards the main lobby, Mrs. Fit grabbed the keys from the office and unlocked the doors, setting our heroes free and back to what they called home…

Things weren’t ever going to be the same, even if the Interspectaculars had won. The times ahead would be heavy on the heart, and even if they had won this war, they hadn’t won in life. No one had. Not even those who had died in this mess.

Good game, everyone! Here’s the QT links!

Darks QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/74YFGZ4HFrH

True Love QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/crY9Xen62cD

Tag-Along! KoN and BB: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/8peQbMMpA8fR

Tag-Along! KoN and PMJ: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/9yxWdnYFRNVZd

Tag-Along! KoN and Scattered: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/EANWVnZj9kJ

Graveyard QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/g3gNUYChuqF

Role Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y-SNL-7ejStjM4qeIQm8KRJH0OycMh3Hqcwejfnkx0g/edit?usp=sharing

Misc Document (Vote Counts and Flavour): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qEmFis9TOV1E6PMw2-1-ASvQoa1duTbyWTIUh7Nwrqk/edit?usp=sharing

We hope you enjoyed this game as much as I did hosting it! I’m not sure when the postgame will be coming quite yet, but I’ll do my best to get that done ASAP!

Oh yeah, you guys can all post now. ^v^

Last edited:
Kooper Memorial.png

So, this game was a thing... I almost forgot about it because of how inactive it was. Like, we need to be more active for future games. I don't know how Celever's game is going to be activity wise, but it has to better then this.

Hosting was excellent though. Jesi was active as a host, which was nice to see. The flavor was excellent because of the sense of dread it conveyed to the player.

Congrats town! Unfortunately the roles were tipped quite a bit to town in this game, and combined with a couple of a major misplays from the scum, we couldn't pull through. With that in mind, I'd like to comment on three things for the sake of future games:

Lurking and not using your vote. Of course, there are always be those busy days where its hard to keep up with the thread. However, I'm pretty sure a large number of players were keeping up with the thread fine and just end up lurking a lot. Don't! Your opinions are valuable, and you might point something out that others didn't! Also, a lot of people didn't use their vote. Day 1 and Day 3 were particularly ridiculous, since both lynches were two-man.

Vote weights. It was interesting to see how the vote manipulation affected the lynches. I feel like in a small game, vote manip needs to be used sparingly. The fact three players could make a hammer in a majority 6 is unsettling. =P

Silencers. Please do not use this role. It creates more inactivity in an already inactive game and it is very unfun for the player on the receiving end. If you really want to do something to someone's speaking, give them a simple speech restriction for a day.

On that note, I'm glad to see @TheAnticipationEevee subbed in and very enthusiastic, and really hope that you stick around to play in the future. ^.^

Lurking and not using your vote. Of course, there are always be those busy days where its hard to keep up with the thread. However, I'm pretty sure a large number of players were keeping up with the thread fine and just end up lurking a lot. Don't! Your opinions are valuable, and you might point something out that others didn't! Also, a lot of people didn't use their vote. Day 1 and Day 3 were particularly ridiculous, since both lynches were two-man.

To be fair, PP got lynched Day 2 for using his vote, which might have deterred others from using their vote in future days.

This game went down to the wire. I really thought the scum were going to take the whole thing, but luckily town did perfectly after the Camo lynch and survived 4 MYLO days in a row. I think PMJ's role really tipped the game in favor of town, as it was super OP.
P.S. The deadchat had more posts than this thread. That shows just how terrible the activity was.

Of course! We aren't in the game anymore, so go ahead.

Silencers. Please do not use this role. It creates more inactivity in an already inactive game and it is very unfun for the player on the receiving end. If you really want to do something to someone's speaking, give them a simple speech restriction for a day.
I agree with this. It seemed balanced at first, but in the end it just made things extremely easy for town and inactive. I regret having this.
Vote weights. It was interesting to see how the vote manipulation affected the lynches. I feel like in a small game, vote manip needs to be used sparingly. The fact three players could make a hammer in a majority 6 is unsettling. =P
The vote manipulation was huge. It made or broke lynches. Just look at Day 1, for example. If simsands had his vote weight, there would've been no lynch. The majority 6 lynch was pretty insane, too. Hopefully people will learn from this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back