Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
GG. On my last day especially I did post a lot of random stuff, partly because I wasn't sure how I was still alive at all after the 'poisoned note' I received. In this game I feel like the scum were up against it quite a lot with the strength of our roles compared to those of the town, and I think if it hadn't been for PMJ's role in particular we would have won. If TAE hadn't been silenced yesterday (and I hadn't either) then we would have turbo'd someone and won the game with both of our vote weights being 2.

I think activity is something that is difficult for some new and returning players (part of what I posted in the game about it is bs, part not), due to time commitments or just not being used to checking a thread every day and posting in it. It takes a while for some people to get into the Mafia mindset, in a way (admittedly others hit the ground running). Personally, I don't think that calling the activity 'disgraceful' or 'terrible' is the way to fix it. Saying that could be taken by some people as, "we don't want to play with you anymore because you're ruining the game", even though it isn't meant that way.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Oh and I really wanted to post this after SM's vig kill on me, but I didn't want to give you guys the satisfaction xP

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I still think PMJ is scummy. Jk

Great game , jesi.

Despite the low activity, it was fun. That vig shot XD.
I can't believe we are not going to see Celever playing next game too :O

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
I feel like a lot of vote weights were bloated too much. If Camo, KX, Keeper, IE, and Eevee voted someone, they'd have a combined vote weight of 13 in the right situation!

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Thanks for the games hosts. Activity wise we just need to cut down our game size. We can support around 13 players right now and anything higher will be plagued with inactivity. Small games aren't worse. Switching to smaller games will probably be a good thing anyways since we have so many people wanting to host and the wait in-between games won't be long.

edit: While I won't go as far to say that inactivity is disgraceful you should be active if you sign up to play. Inactivity past one or two players really screws up the game for everyone else and until we get in the habit of drawing more attention to inactivity as an actual tell it will continue to be a major problem. If you sign up be active and be prepared to make the commitment to play. If a game doesn't have enough signups don't signup just for the heck of it. The host can always change the game size and it will be more enjoyable for everyone.

Last edited:

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
GG, everyone!

Sorry for the D1 fiasco, King X. <3
It's no problem, trying to keep my vote weight a secret most of the game was the basis of all the shenanigans, but at least I managed to make pretty good use of my role when I could.

Also thanks for those parting notes Camo, couldn't have done it without ya <3

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Told ya! :)

I was disappointed in seeing more rat spam in the scum chat. Can we please stop making QT leak roles as it just encourages rat spam, or at least limit it so the host knowingly picks a non-rat spam post to leak. I'd say not using them at all is the better idea; you shouldn't have to impose dumb limits on your roles to stop people from breaking it. If you have to do that to balance it, it's probably a bad role.

Speaking of bad roles, I also don't think my role was that unbalalnced; in fact, it was more balanced than its previous incarnation. It seemed like it was OP because I lived until the end of the game and once I had TAE pegged as scum there was no way he was ever making another post. Note how during the game, my silencing was not a big deal at all.

I think a game of 12 or 13 could be done well if the amount of scum is kept low to allow for more discussion.

Re me telling Keeper I was looking for someone, that was just me trying to see if he'd claim Trooper Kamokawa.

Re me needing 10 minutes to read a page: No, but if I need to go look back at something, it might take more time. I also get sidetracked really easily, lol.

If TAE was actually town, he could have easily had something that would prove his innocence. If PMJ was wrong about TAE, he would have lost town the game.
There was no way TAE was town. I get what you're saying but in this situation it's a slam dunk.

Golden PMJ Awards for Mafia 36 go to:

@PikaMasterJesi for allowing me to self-protect, letting me live past night one (thanks for trying to kill me night 1, jerks <3)
@TheAnticipationEevee for being a good sport about me silencing you like eight nights in a row
@bbninjas for steering the scum kill into me twice, hooray for self-protection! \o/
@Ice Espeon for his amazingly desperate last ditch effort during the late game

Also shout outs to the dead chat for keeping things lively in my absence. After reading it, there were a couple things I should have noticed that I didn't.

See you guys next game :]

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
"They are really experience player might get us lynched"

This has to become a joke within the community, or I will slap myself with a trout. :U

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I thought the hosting was very good and responsive (when I snet a PM, it got a reply in less than one hour, on average). A lot of the roles were also nice and unique (like Keeper's/mine). You also made the QT Tapper rat attack proof, which was nice. I don't mind the vote weight modifiers, they just added an extra layer of complexity to the game (except for when the scum could have turbo lynched someone during MYLO for the win.) The only complaint I have, which I mentioned in the deadchat, was that we could find out the who was scum purely via flavor.
P.S. @PMJ Since I never got to say it earlier, scattered was completely right about what I was saying in Post #84.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Of course! We aren't in the game anymore, so go ahead.

I agree with this. It seemed balanced at first, but in the end it just made things extremely easy for town and inactive. I regret having this.

The vote manipulation was huge. It made or broke lynches. Just look at Day 1, for example. If simsands had his vote weight, there would've been no lynch. The majority 6 lynch was pretty insane, too. Hopefully people will learn from this game.

One I prefer to silencers, is a post restrictive, give them say 3 posts a day. Obviously when people are inactive they barely hit 3 posts, but it works better than a silencer

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
I think silenced should still be able to vote, it would definitely make the game a bit more interesting :p

As for PMJ's role, that is one broken role :p

Basically it reads "You are night immune and you must choose to heal and silence 1 person"

Some minor changes could have been done such as limiting self heal to once or something to make it a tad more fair :p

And interesting that the silencer was town, that is definitely new to me :O

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Yo, forum mods, do you think we could change the game to finished instead of active?

Edit: That was fast! Thanks Celever!

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I think the breaking factor was the self-protect @PMJ, not necessarily the doctor + silence. We didn't have any way to get around that without a lucky lightning rod.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
GG, glad to survive till the last day, I don usually survive lynches n lategame,
The host did a great job so a round of applause to you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.