Finished Mafia XLVII: The New Era (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
This might work on some people, but I'm not going to get tripped up by questions like this. I've played enough games to figure out an appropriate response had I gotten myself into a hole. In fact, I was online not long after you posted the question and could have answered it, but intentionally did not to keep the conversation open, for two reasons a) to get reactions from other people b) so that we aren't the only ones posting. (And both of those things ended happening, which is great.)
Ah, alright. I knew answering questions for other people could be conceived as scummy, but your logic makes sense in this situation. I agree that we should stop this line of discussion since it isn't really going anywhere at the moment and, like you said, is mainly based around misunderstanding.

Regarding TLS and Nick, right now I think that they're just making new town plays, and likewise, shouldn't be judged as critically as other players at the moment.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Could be me just reading this wrong, but since when is echoing townie behavior?
echoing his thoughts, not actual words.
What scattered said; sorry, I wasn't clear.

This actually makes some sense. However, a new player may also see people voting for someone, and automatically assume that voting them is a good decision. The AtE also isn't really that scummy, it reads more self-derogatory joke to me. On the other hand, he could be trying to hammer bb, which is something even brand new scum would know to do. Once again, I don't think he's being self-aware, I think he was just making a joke...but who knows, maybe he is being self-aware.

Honestly, the TLS case is just WIFOM.
The underlined is another very good insight on Gekki's part. Bolded is a part that I agree is a possibility, and is worth entertaining.

Quoting WIFOM as the reason for dismissing a lead is lazy. A lot of mafia is "could be this, could be that" (which is the underlying essence of WIFOM), it is just our job to figure out which possibility is more likely. I'd expect more solid reasoning. For the record, WIFOM can be a scumtell when someone brings up a very unlikely "could be that" in attempt to deter a lynch or sow doubt in the town's mind, especially when the person they are commenting on flips scum (making it more of a later game tell).

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
@quakingpunch73 What are your thoughts on scattered mind? I'm getting mixed reads on him.
Right now I think he's being a bit too aggressive and critical with his reading on TLS, since new players typically crumble under little pressure and use AtE a lot in their posts. That being said, I do think his reasoning is towny when explaining his thoughts on TLS's potential strategy, since I could very well see new scum acting in a similar way to the one he pointed out, but it still is circumstantial, as new town players have similar thought trains as new scum, with both tending to want to survive as long as possible.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
*Ammendment: Gekki, you just ninja'd me in giving more solid reasoning in stating that quaking's reason is much like yours. (Quaking gave reasons that makes sense and are logical.)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Quoting WIFOM as the reason for dismissing a lead is lazy. A lot of mafia is "could be this, could be that" (which is the underlying essence of WIFOM), it is just our job to figure out which possibility is more likely. I'd expect more solid reasoning. For the record, WIFOM can be a scumtell when someone brings up a very unlikely "could be that" in attempt to deter a lynch or sow doubt in the town's mind, especially when the person they are commenting on flips scum (making it more of a later game tell).
Yeah, I think I misused the word a little bit. What I meant is that there isn't really solid evidence for either side of the TLS argument, and it comes down to what you expect from new players.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I have just noticed that The Last Shaymin edited post #77. As to cause as little confusion as possible, I have not reverted the post to the original. All edits were made before Geki posted post #78. I have bolded the text edited from the previous version in the posts below.

original said:
##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: Scattered mind
Lol, I'm new, ok? Besides, I'm not trying to do anything... I'm just voting for whoever...
Lol, I'm new, ok? Besides, I'm not trying to do anything... I'm just voting for whoever...
What does wiofm mean?
What does wifom mean?
What does wifom mean?
Also what is AtE?
final said:
Lol, I'm new, ok? Besides, I'm not trying to do anything... I'm just voting for whoever... What does wifom mean?
Also what is AtE?
Now I'm hungry...

@The Last Shaymin, in mafia, players are not allowed to edit their posts under any circumstances, even if editing seems harmless. If you wanted to add something, you should make a new post instead. :)

Anyway, don't fret over this, just carry on as you were. ^.^

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I have just noticed that The Last Shaymin edited post #77. As to cause as little confusion as possible, I have not reverted the post to the original. All edits were made before Geki posted post #78. I have bolded the text edited from the previous version in the posts below.

@The Last Shaymin, in mafia, players are not allowed to edit their posts under any circumstances, even if editing seems harmless. If you wanted to add something, you should make a new post instead. :)

Anyway, don't fret over this, just carry on as you were. ^.^
Thank you for noticing

@The Last Shaymin, I advice you read the rules in OP and in the Mafia master doc once more.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
The following Vote Count is true up to Post #88

It takes a majority of 7 to lynch.
In the event of the majority vote isn't achieved, the person with the highest vote will be lynch.
In the unlikely event of a tie, an RNG will be use to decide the lynch candidate.

Vote Count - Players
2 - NinjaPenguin
2 - bbninjas
1 - Fiery_Lugia
2 - quakingpunch73
1 - GekkisaiDaiNi
1 - The Last Shaymin

quakingpunch73 #30 - NinjaPenguin
Jadethepokemontrainer #31 - bbninjas
GekkisaiDaiNi #32 - Fiery_Lugia
bbninjas #33 - NinjaPenguin
Lord o da rings #35 - quakingpunch73
scattered mind #39 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #65)
NinjaPenguin #47 - GekkisaiDaiNi
The Last Shaymin #59 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #77)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK #62 - bbninjas
scattered mind #65 - The Last Shaymin
The Last Shaymin #77 - scattered mind

> Not Voting & Need to start posting in thread.
@mordacazir, @FlavorfulPineApl, @Fiery_Lugia

> The Following Player need to 'LIKE' post
#22 or risk being subbed out/modkilled
@Fiery_Lugia

Countdown Timer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.