Finished Mafia XLVII: The New Era (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you compare the vote counts, it's obvious that there are disparities between the votes bb and I received. I went from 1 vote to 2 without anyone placing a vote on me, and bb lost a vote in the process, which was what I meant by that.
Ah, okay.

Glad that you could join us. Now that you've met the traditional requirements of voting me, who do you actually think are scummy?
Little bit of AtE but it's understandable considering how ridiculous this bb wagon is rn.

Little bit of AtE but it's understandable considering how ridiculous this bb wagon is rn.
How am I appealing to emotion, and if I am, how is that scummy, problematic or otherwise significant? If it isn't scummy, was there a particular reason for you bringing it up?

quakingpunch73 #30 - NinjaPenguin
Jadethepokemontrainer #31 - bbninjas
GekkisaiDaiNi #32 - Fiery_Lugia
bbninjas #33 - NinjaPenguin
Lord o da rings #35 - quakingpunch73
scattered mind #39 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #65)
NinjaPenguin #47 - GekkisaiDaiNi
The Last Shaymin #59 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #77)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK #62 - bbninjas
scattered mind #65 - The Last Shaymin
The Last Shaymin #77 - scattered mind

The vote summary doesn't necessary indicate the vote placed in the Vote Count update. It is just a summary based what posted in the thread.

As I was trying to say, AtE is only scummy when it is intended to manipulate. People, especially townies, and especially new townies, use AtE all the time, unintentionally, because it is a normal human response. AtE is only scummy when it is INTENTIONALLY used to convince people into voting a player OR into not voting a player.

Why is having self awareness of being “bad” or “new” actually problematic or even abnormal when a new player would typically be comparing themselves against those who are posting, and when they probably don’t know how to do what everyone else is doing?

OK so what I meant might not mean AtE in your book, I just think that one can use AtE to do other things than manipulate people to vote or not vote, such as trying getting away with a suspicious bandwagon by using the "I'm new"card.

The self-awareness is problematic when it could be used in a suspicious way- the fact that he knows his vote is piling on a lot of other votes that can boost the chance of you being lynched early, but he still wants to vote, so he appeals with what he thinks will be a convincing reason. Also, where are your thoughts on the issue of not caring about who is going to be lynched? Quaking has a fair point that a new townie might have a similar mindset of a scum that is just to survive, but still, it doesn't remove the merit of this case.

I guess I can also give him the benefit of the doubt for being new, though. If another case pops or I find another one, I'll have no issue giving him that, but for now, it's a fair case in this early stage of the game.

OK so what I meant might not mean AtE in your book, I just think that one can use AtE to do other things than manipulate people to vote or not vote, such as trying getting away with a suspicious bandwagon by using the "I'm new"card.

The self-awareness is problematic when it could be used in a suspicious way- the fact that he knows his vote is piling on a lot of other votes that can boost the chance of you being lynched early, but he still wants to vote, so he appeals with what he thinks will be a convincing reason. Also, where are your thoughts on the issue of not caring about who is going to be lynched? Quaking has a fair point that a new townie might have a similar mindset of a scum that is just to survive, but still, it doesn't remove the merit of this case.

Good explanations here. I assume you saw my earlier comment that it is plausible and definitely worth entertaining that TSL might be intentionally pulling the new card as a reason for bandwagoning, so I won't comment on that again. At the risk of echoing Quaking, new innocents are more focused on not dying than about who actually gets lynched. From the confused TSL that we've seen so far, this seems a very likely explanation for him not caring about who gets lynched.

Anyway, I'll be AWFK for most of tomorrow. All those who have been sitting back and not contributing are suss and if they are town, they are being anti-town by the way of reducing information about them.

This actually makes some sense. However, a new player may also see people voting for someone, and automatically assume that voting them is a good decision. The AtE also isn't really that scummy, it reads more self-derogatory joke to me. On the other hand, he could be trying to hammer bb, which is something even brand new scum would know to do. Once again, I don't think he's being self-aware, I think he was just making a joke...but who knows, maybe he is being self-aware.

Honestly, the TLS case is just WIFOM.
It's one vote, lol

Agreed, but he's new and seems pretty clueless, and when he joined he literally asked "how do you play Mafia?". I'm cutting him some slack.
Two "agreeing with your point towards them being scum, but I'll say why they may be town" posts in a row don't help anybody understand your reads and limit the connections you make.
Oh, I was going to say that I'm reading Gekki as quite townie. He's make good contributions and is regularly echoing my initial responses/sentiments, such as regarding the rolefishing, and regarding the AtE thing on TLS. (For the record, AtE is something intentionally used to manipulate. Mafia TLS, being new, probably wouldn't be able to do that.)
Can you use mind melding instead of echoing to be more clear?
Also, woah BB did a Camopost :O
Well okay, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK and @The Last Shaymin, don't bandwagon a Lynch like that, BB was at L-2 super early into D1, that's ridiculous. I get it from Nick because his first and only game besides this was mine (which had the special trial mechanic), but to both of you, that's going to end up stopping conversation and prematurely ending a day, so refrain from RVS bandwagoning, at all.

Can someone translate literally everything here into English? >.>

Yeah this is also still very... clunky. It's probably just me nitpicking, but why not organize this like vote counts were in the past few games? This is gonna confuse me for a while, but as a host it's your choice. :L

Could be me just reading this wrong, but since when is echoing townie behavior?
For example, this post was a full mind meld for me (which kinda makes sense because we've had to work on mind melding for Hydra Mafia...).
##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: Scattered mind

Lol, I'm new, ok? Besides, I'm not trying to do anything... I'm just voting for whoever...
What does wifom mean?
Also what is AtE?
Now I'm hungry...
Whenever you're confused on a term, check the handy Mafia Master Document. It has almost all of the terms you'll need.
What is this vote? Why scattered? And don't just vote for random people. It doesn't accomplish anything. Being new doesn't just give you a free pass to do scummy things or vote randomly. Read the last game.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Appeal_to_Emotion
What is that vote and why scattered? Why, it's a wild OMGUS!

Not liking that VC analysis from Quaking because I talk about why doing it "in head, not thread" is helpful almost every game and Quaking of all people loves sending PMs to ask host questions. Unless of course, he thought that info would be better in thread fsr?
Thanks. ##Vote: bbninjas
When so many people were calling out rando votes on BB in thread, why is Lugia joining the wagon? I don't see any good motivation for it.
I was just noticing it. The AtE was here:
If you aren't drawing any alignment from it, is it even worth posting?

Two "agreeing with your point towards them being scum, but I'll say why they may be town" posts in a row don't help anybody understand your reads and limit the connections you make.
When I post like that, it's basically just me thinking out loud. I later clarified that I'm reading TLS as newbie town.
What is that vote and why scattered? Why, it's a wild OMGUS!
No kidding.
If you aren't drawing any alignment from it, is it even worth posting?
Is there any reason I shouldn't post it? I noticed it, so I pointed it out. Once again, thinking out loud. It's how I roll in Mafia.
Also, woah BB did a Camopost :O
When did BB Camopost?
Not liking that VC analysis from Quaking because I talk about why doing it "in head, not thread" is helpful almost every game and Quaking of all people loves sending PMs to ask host questions. Unless of course, he thought that info would be better in thread fsr?
Agreed.
When so many people were calling out rando votes on BB in thread, why is Lugia joining the wagon? I don't see any good motivation for it.
Same reasons as TLS. Either:

A: He's new and confused, and thinks the popular vote is automatically the good one.

or

B: He's trying to hammer.

Is there any reason I shouldn't post it? I noticed it, so I pointed it out. Once again, thinking out loud. It's how I roll in Mafia.
It's a matter of playstyle, but I generally like to keep small NAI points in my head to see if the person ends up doing it more. That way, I can draw a larger conclusion about the point and the alignment it points to.

I do think that the info is better in thread, and can clarify if you want to know why.

Except TLS didn't have people calling out that behavior to dissuade him. FL did.
Good point.
#69-73. Not like it really matters though...
69 and 70 aren't really Camoposts. 71 and 72 are. 73 is a post from scattered, not bb.
I do think that the info is better in thread, and can clarify if you want to know why.
I certainly would.
It's a matter of playstyle, but I generally like to keep small NAI points in my head to see if the person ends up doing it more. That way, I can draw a larger conclusion about the point and the alignment it points to.
I can still do that, though? The way I do it, others can see what I'm thinking more, and get better reads on me, while I draw a larger conclusion at the same time. Anyways, it really is just playstyle. Dropping this topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back