Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(god i hate and love this multiquote system)

This is my main qualm with the Eph wagon actually. On other sites I play there's usually always a counter wagon from scum if the main lynch is scum. Historically on the Beach however, scum often don't actually make a counter wagon (I assume this is because the playerbase became much newer, so many people probably don't know how to). I'm not sure if it's how things are now, but it was how things were maybe 2 years ago; three or four years ago people always made counter wagons, so it's a relatively recent thing.

The fact that Eph has not made a strong case is interesting, but they have thrown out a lot of names as if they're trying to get them to stick, so I find it all a bit WIFOMy.
I tend to assume scum knows what they are doing, its something I will have to keep in mind here though. Leaving Ephe out to dry just doesn't make sense in this stage of the game at all
So I did a multi-quote but it was long and scared me so I deleted it to have another short post :U

Sorry for not being here was out all of yesterday and then slept all of today because #winning

Ephe is definitely the scummiest. OMGUS is uncharacteristic of them and they've done it like, all game, to the point of being paranoid in RVS and targeting people who RVS voted them. They haven't had the same solving as they usually do and things seem less town-minded. I haven't seen them play scum before but maybe this is it.

bb is currently the likeliest partner with Ephe imo. The "let's vote out people who'll still be useful after death as town" is a bad idea in this setup given the numbers and I think bb would've figured that out, being the numbers man he is.

So ##VOTE: Ephemera spiritually because my RVS vote on them's still there :U
Why in the emperor's name do you choose to make what is essentially meta read when you don't have a clear game to pull from both alignments??? It just makes no logical sense. I smell fishy business afoot here

...have you been reading the thread? BB is the one who started the push on Ephe so them being scum is a large leap from my POV at least

No cos I can't quote what's not there :UU It's just that they're not solving and they're OMGUSSing instead and making it looks like solving which could just be bad play but no one's scummy so :shrug:

this triggers me to no end. I am solving.

I said i'd stop with the defense posts, because people are wayyyy too tunneled on me, and it's no longer worth the time to disprove everything, and when I do defend myself I'm accused of not solving. Ugh.

Jade is the most town player here now. His latest posts have been a random collection of thoughts, and that's just it – it's his thoughts, with no agenda behind them, and it definitely doesn't read like someone setting up chain miselims.

Re: my wagon. Of the four, I think the most likely scum as of right now are cel/bb – to answer Vom's question, before Cel returned to the thread I wasn't sure if he was more likely to be scum than, say, mega. But I don't like his reentry, although I should come back in maybe an hour or so and see if this isn't just me being tilted.

Why is Cel's reentry scummy as heck? Because there's like no original thought there – it's discrediting me, spirit voting me cuz i'm "scummy" (i'm the easiest wagon, and his vote's already there), and no other real thoughts. It's setting up to put shade on my reads, even after scum score the miselim on me and I flip town.

The multi-quote used to work properly y'know >.>

Why in the emperor's name do you choose to make what is essentially meta read when you don't have a clear game to pull from both alignments??? It just makes no logical sense. I smell fishy business afoot here
@Vom seemed to think this too, but I don't think it's a true metaread. I think Celever has picked up on a scumtell (OMGUS), and as since OMGUS can often be NAI, he's pointed out why he thinks it is alignment indicative (i.e. using meta).

Re: my wagon. Of the four, I think the most likely scum as of right now are cel/bb – to answer Vom's question, before Cel returned to the thread I wasn't sure if he was more likely to be scum than, say, mega. But I don't like his reentry, although I should come back in maybe an hour or so and see if this isn't just me being tilted.
Please. Stop. Talking. About. The. Four.

Find evidence please. Your evidence on me has so far constituted of "I don't like his tone" and "I've felt he is off". You better be scum because you're running a very persistent smear campaign on me right now >.>

Why is Cel's reentry scummy as heck? Because there's like no original thought there – it's discrediting me, spirit voting me cuz i'm "scummy" (i'm the easiest wagon, and his vote's already there), and no other real thoughts. It's setting up to put shade on my reads, even after scum score the miselim on me and I flip town.
...have you been reading the thread? BB is the one who started the push on Ephe so them being scum is a large leap from my POV at least
Celever needs to show what posts he was planning on multi-quoting, because I'm starting wonder if that's a lie...

Oh yeah – another thing I didn't like there: the promises made in his posts weren't followed through.
What do I mean by this? Well, Cel's posts are conveying opposite messages, making promises or giving the impression of one thing, then never following through on those.

Ah, basically every mafia game starts with a period of general discussion / joke voting since we have no information to go off of. It'll get into more serious gameplay later on. :p

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Ephemera

You're being chaotic and arsonism is also chaotic therefore you're an arsonist gnight.

I'm enjoying your conversation, Ephe and Amici :U

The two above posts, made before Cel's long absence from the thread, a) imply that Cel will contribute to the serious discussion when there's more of it. The second post also implies that the interaction between me/amici will be fueling one of his reads later on.

But both of these are not followed through upon. Cel has contributed little, and the amici/me interaction has vanished from his posts entirely.

So I did a multi-quote but it was long and scared me so I deleted it to have another short post :U

Sorry for not being here was out all of yesterday and then slept all of today because #winning

Ephe is definitely the scummiest. OMGUS is uncharacteristic of them and they've done it like, all game, to the point of being paranoid in RVS and targeting people who RVS voted them. They haven't had the same solving as they usually do and things seem less town-minded. I haven't seen them play scum before but maybe this is it.

bb is currently the likeliest partner with Ephe imo. The "let's vote out people who'll still be useful after death as town" is a bad idea in this setup given the numbers and I think bb would've figured that out, being the numbers man he is.

So ##VOTE: Ephemera spiritually because my RVS vote on them's still there :U

Keeping an RVS vote on someone is a pretty easy way for scum to look like they've been on the wagon for longer than they have, and not look suspicious. In addition to that, Cel sets up the implication that he has a lot of thoughts (from his implied multi-quote wall that he deleted), yet he rejects this in the very next post.

Not solving isn't a meta read and that's about it idk. I don't have anything else on anyone else either D:

multi-quote wall where? Thoughts where? Amici/me interactions where?

No cos I can't quote what's not there :UU It's just that they're not solving and they're OMGUSSing instead and making it looks like solving which could just be bad play but no one's scummy so :shrug:

And then this post is even more egregious. Cel literally said he had a multi-quote wall, yes? In the next post (the fourth one quoted here) he states he doesn't have stuff on other people, correct? Here, he says there's nothing to quote of my posts. So: what was the multi-quote wall about?

Lying isn't necessarily a scum trait. What is >rand scum however, is the nonfulfillment of the promises and assumptions from previous posts. In my last game, where I played scum, I made tons of promises I never kept. There, I promised to ISO everyone, promised to reevaluate my reads – and I never did. Here, Cel's setting up assumptions where he supposedly has thoughts, then never shares them.

Jade is the most town player here now. His latest posts have been a random collection of thoughts, and that's just it – it's his thoughts, with no agenda behind them, and it definitely doesn't read like someone setting up chain miselims.
NAI, but posting a random collection of thoughts is actually not good. There is no action, there is no commitment, there is no nothing. All town should have an agenda: to find scum. If you don't have an agenda then you won't actually achieve anything, and posting a random collection of thoughts is a good way to appear like you're doing something when you actually are not. (Not saying that Jade is doing this, but I disagree with this tell)

NAI, but posting a random collection of thoughts is actually not good. There is no action, there is no commitment, there is no nothing. All town should have an agenda: to find scum. If you don't have an agenda then you won't actually achieve anything, and posting a random collection of thoughts is a good way to appear like you're doing something when you actually are not. (Not saying that Jade is doing this, but I disagree with this tell)

i see what you mean – think I phrased it wrong. Not a random collection per se, but Jade's posting the thoughts that come to him. They're genuine, very natural, they follow from his progression, and generally don't push an agenda of trying to get miselims.

What do you think of the semi-wall I just made on Cel?

It's been 2 minutes since your wall, be patient xD

Keep in mind that lurkers do not actually fulfill promises because they are lurking. They're possibly too busy to fulfill those promises and so you see this trait in town and scum lurkers, so I think your point is NAI.

The above is why I think @Celever needs to share what he was going to quote immediately. He doesn't even have to say anything about them, I just want to see the posts.

The multi-quote used to work properly y'know >.>

@Vom seemed to think this too, but I don't think it's a true metaread. I think Celever has picked up on a scumtell (OMGUS), and as since OMGUS can often be NAI, he's pointed out why he thinks it is alignment indicative (i.e. using meta).

Please. Stop. Talking. About. The. Four.

Find evidence please. Your evidence on me has so far constituted of "I don't like his tone" and "I've felt he is off". You better be scum because you're running a very persistent smear campaign on me right now >.>

Celever needs to show what posts he was planning on multi-quoting, because I'm starting wonder if that's a lie...

1) OMGUS is NAI. That's a fact. Do my reads look like OMGUS? Yes. Am I using OMGUS to back up my reads, or to form my reads? Hell no.

2) Again: it's super easy to get on my wagon, there's bound to be scum there. I believe I have pinned Cel due to the reasons I just stated, but your posts and progression also feel wrong. I get the impression that you are discrediting multiple townies, not just putting suspicion, and trying to look reasonable while you're at it. Essentially, your demeanor feels like it's emulating something – and townies don't need to emulate things. That enough for a case on you?

3) exactly. He's putting up stuff he doesn't intend to follow through on, so it looks like he's evaluating things when he's really not – after all, the game's already solved for him.

Actually, I've reread your post Eph and I think there is indicative stuff in there which I would like to comment on once Celever provides those quotes. The basis of your case is NAI.

It's been 2 minutes since your wall, be patient xD

Keep in mind that lurkers do not actually fulfill promises because they are lurking. They're possibly too busy to fulfill those promises and so you see this trait in town and scum lurkers, so I think your point is NAI.

Yes, but I think the worst broken promise is the wallpost. He a) says he had a wallpost, b) says he has nothing on the others besides me, and c) says there's nothing to quote from me.

Do I sense a contradiction here?

Okay, prime example of what's scummy about your posts here:

Actually, I've reread your post Eph and I think there is indicative stuff in there which I would like to comment on once Celever provides those quotes. The basis of your case is NAI.

With two lines, you are a) trying to get on my good side, b) putting shade without looking like it, and c) discrediting my case. Very agenda-y, all packed into a short post.

Another thing: bb's posts generally tend to counter others' reads, cases, and thoughts. It feels a lot like scum trying to discredit all town solving D1.

Stop ninja'ing me rip. Post #232 should adequately responded to in #231.

2) Again: it's super easy to get on my wagon, there's bound to be scum there. I believe I have pinned Cel due to the reasons I just stated, but your posts and progression also feel wrong. I get the impression that you are discrediting multiple townies, not just putting suspicion, and trying to look reasonable while you're at it. Essentially, your demeanor feels like it's emulating something – and townies don't need to emulate things. That enough for a case on you?
Again, those votes will mean something once the day has ended, they are WIFOM right now. The statistical probability that any random group of 4 has scum is already 71%, so your wifom probabilities doesn't reveal anything new. You need to find real evidence. (And yes, your post on Celever was real evidence, thankyou for finally doing that.)

Your points on me are based on your impressions, your tones, your feelings, your emotions, etc etc and you have not actually shown any evidence for any of those claims. So, yes, this is a smear campaign. (Also, ninja'd again. Still seems to be a smear campaign.)

With two lines, you are a) trying to get on my good side, b) putting shade without looking like it, and c) discrediting my case. Very agenda-y, all packed into a short post.
I don't understand how you reached that conclusion in any of your abc) points, and don't see an agenda. What's the agenda?

Another thing: bb's posts generally tend to counter others' reads, cases, and thoughts. It feels a lot like scum trying to discredit all town solving D1.
Again, there's no evidence here! Go type "agree" and enter bbninjas in the search bar and you'll find that I agree with many things. I have agreed with Amici a lot. Vom and Jade sometimes. I have disagreed with you a lot, largely because you're using logic and tells that doesn't make sense to me from my experience playing mafia, and you so happen to be actively using these tells.

Yes, I will discredit tells that I think are bad.

(also can I just say I love the activity this game it's only D1 and we're only two pages away from being longer than last game)

some questions to spark even more activity

@MegaPod_781 what do you think of Cel?
@Jadethepokemontrainer what do you think of bb?

Interesting that @bbninjas actually took the credit for starting the Ephe wagon when Amici gave him the chance. I was originally going to correct Amici, but I decided it was more interesting to see what bb said about it first.

Also, @Ephemera you really should drop the thing about scum voting you. While I personally think that theory is correct, further arguing about it based solely on the fact that there are votes on you will bring us no closer to proving/disproving that theory, and without adding new evidence it really just wastes everyone's time.

(also can I just say I love the activity this game it's only D1 and we're only two pages away from being longer than last game)
yes! I can't remember the last time it was so active, not to mention there are only 9 players.

Stop ninja'ing me rip. Post #232 should adequately responded to in #231.

Again, those votes will mean something once the day has ended, they are WIFOM right now. The statistical probability that any random group of 4 has scum is already 71%, so your wifom probabilities doesn't reveal anything new. You need to find real evidence. (And yes, your post on Celever was real evidence, thankyou for finally doing that.)

Your points on me are based on your impressions, your tones, your feelings, your emotions, etc etc and you have not actually shown any evidence for any of those claims. So, yes, this is a smear campaign. (Also, ninja'd again. Still seems to be a smear campaign.)

I don't understand how you reached that conclusion in any of your abc) points, and don't see an agenda. What's the agenda?

Again, there's no evidence here! Go type "agree" and enter bbninjas in the search bar and you'll find that I agree with many things. I have agreed with Amici a lot. Vom and Jade sometimes. I have disagreed with you a lot, largely because you're using logic and tells that doesn't make sense to me from my experience playing mafia, and you so happen to be actively using these tells.

Yes, I will discredit tells that I think are bad.

ninja'ing bbninjas lol

I can make a proper case on you later, wait your turn :p
Nah, I have stuff that i didn't like from your posts, i've put an example of that, and I'll make a case once more discussion happens about Cel. Right now that would only distract from Cel's response. Gimme a few hours, or when Cel posts, whichever is sooner.

Last thing is fair a little, can give you cases that make more sense to you soon I guess.

@Vom i have dropped it lol. Still think there's scum there but now I'm pursuing them individually. You are likely town, people who've played with mega say he looks like town, so I'm checking bb while making a case on cel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back