Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyLily

ニャンパス~ (she/her)
@Jadethepokemontrainer sorry i havent said much lol, just havent been on PB very much, and havent expected for there to be this much conversation

idk what to really think about anyone in terms of being town or scum yet, its hard

Ephemera

just a little longer...
oh god mega i completely get you with the quotes being on the fritz a lot. oh well, just gotta quote the post i want until it actually quotes.

Why? This just comes off as as trying to get attention off yourself, especially with the WIFOM you added right after.

Well, the way you're acting right now makes me inclined to keep you as the center of my attention. well that and no one else seems to be around. Why are you already jumping to the 'don't eliminate me that'll be super bad for town and waste the entire day' bit? We're only just starting D1, and you have like, two votes on you.

You're missing the point – I want discussion that's evaluating other players. I don't care if you scumread me or whatever (i mean, i'm town, but not the point), but there's currently minimal discussion of other reads. The way today is going so far, most discussion is scumreading me, and not too much else. I'm trying to get other reads floating around in here, not just suspicion on me.

Also at the time of your post i had 3 votes on me. Don't know about you, but that's a lot – with suspicion on me, it's my job to prove myself innocent.

@Jadethepokemontrainer I locked amici town due to the way she handled my pocketing jab. Def not a lock but I quite liked the way she reacted, very much so.

Mega's response to my suspicion seems tonally sound, but again, tone is a very weak sign. Content could be from either alignment, and a fourth vote on me! Yay for attention I guess?

There's gotta be scum voting me here. It's too easy of a target to pass up – easy mislunch, if the slot (me) starts posting their way to being found as town, also easy to back off. Win-win for scum, no harm in getting on this wagon early to get progression on me, and with the plurality today, no danger of hammering me. This is like the optimal wagon for scum to pile onto or build.

People currently voting me: bb/vom/cel/mega – there's at least one scum here, maybe both. it's possible the scumteam is taking different approaches here, so I'm leaning towards only one? bb/vom/cel were on my wagon first – i guess it's possible that mega is the scum among the four, and the first three are all town looking for my response to the wagon? – but again, it's the easiest wagon to get on, the easiest to justify, and the easiest to back off of. I think scum on my wagon is more likely to be within bb/cel/vom – mega's vote, if it stays on, is almost too obvious to get my wagon into a runaway lead.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I locked amici town due to the way she handled my pocketing jab. Def not a lock but I quite liked the way she reacted, very much so.

oh lmao great word choice me from 15 minutes ago

EBWOP: townread amici for the response to my jab, my strongest townread as of right now but definitely not a lock.
(edit by way of posting)

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
You're missing the point – I want discussion that's evaluating other players. I don't care if you scumread me or whatever (i mean, i'm town, but not the point), but there's currently minimal discussion of other reads. The way today is going so far, most discussion is scumreading me, and not too much else. I'm trying to get other reads floating around in here, not just suspicion on me.
Ok, fine. If that's what you meant, why don't you make some? I've seen you ask people stuff, but most of your posts are either information or (snap)reads that you yourself seem to dismiss a bit.
Also at the time of your post i had 3 votes on me. Don't know about you, but that's a lot – with suspicion on me, it's my job to prove myself innocent.
Fine, my mistake. I don't know if you kept count of your votes or if you counted them to double check, but that you counted your votes is...well, obviously it doesn't make you scum, but it doesn't look good. Also, there's a difference between proving yourself innocent and diverting attention off yourself. Those are wildly different things, and until now you've only done the latter.
There's gotta be scum voting me here.
I actually agree with this. Whether you are scum or town, I'm pretty sure you have at least one scum vote on you.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
oh lmao great word choice me from 15 minutes ago

EBWOP: townread amici for the response to my jab, my strongest townread as of right now but definitely not a lock.
(edit by way of posting)
so @Amici went from "obviously town" to "townread definitely not a lock"?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Scattered hasn't posted much of his own content, that is true. He claims he is holding some thoughts back for now, which he probably has a valid reason for. He is asking valid questions of people though. You do have a point though, and so far he seems to be less actively contributing his own thoughts than last game, where he was a cop, so small FoS on him for now. Which post are you referring to?
Yeah, I know scattered's a good player so I'm sure he has some reason to openly admit to withholding information.
Ok now that I typed that it seems really scummy. I can see town!scattered waiting for a reaction or something before giving out reads, but I'm having more and more trouble believing that the longer he waits.

Also, I was referring to this post - really the only post where he seems to add to the discussion.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Also - announcement. This regards the site phasing out 'lynching' in favour of 'elimination'. This was already the case for this game but you can check here for an official statement.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
You guys tend to forget I live in a very different time zone. I go active when you all sleep and go silent when you are all posting.

I’m not really holding information, just not compiling them in my mind yet because I don’t want any micro read to affect my judgement so I focus first on the puzzle of players and then compiling the random thoughts I have into more solid thing I can compare with the puzzle. Which seems long but it’s actually really short and I’m about to start sharing my reads soon. It’s just that it has been j a day since I begun this process.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Day 1: Vote Count 1
Ephemera (4)-Vom, Celever, bbninjas, MegaPod_781
MegaPod_781 (2)-Jadethepokemontrainer, Ephemera
Celever (1)-Amici
Not Voting: Fiery_Lugia, scattered mind

If the day ended right now, Ephemera would be eliminated. There are 72 hours remaining in the day.

Vote History:
#20-Celever voted bbninjas
#23-Amici voted Celever
#27-Ephemera voted Celever
#30-Vom voted Fiery_Lugia
#32-Ephemera voted Vom
#41-Ephemera voted Ephemera
#42-Ephemera voted Vom
#47-Vom voted Ephemera
#51-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#55-Celever voted Ephemera
#81-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#102-bbninjas voted Ephemera
#120-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#123-Ephemera voted MegaPod_781
#139-MegaPod_781 voted Ephemera

If I'm missing any votes, please let me know. For the ease of making a votecount, it helps to bold votes if possible, but that is not required.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Major scumread on amici which is growing the more she keeps being silent.
Pretty big town read on vom
Lily is null but if she keeps behaving new with I’m new posts it will become suspicious.
Ephemera gives too much I am scum signals. But the chaotic nature is confusing. It’s a real gamble.

Amici

Wayfaring Stranger
No. I mean not any that I would like to share at the moment.
I mean, getting your thoughts out never hurts so like thats a bit off

Also general note about Ephe's posting once BB started pushing on them, it seems a lot more defensive from when Ephe received little pressure. Mainly pointing this out for my own sake when i eventually backread after my reads end up being very wack.
Okay, quick backread results done, wallpost is here:

Please note: I am definitely biased. I know I'm town, people sus me for reasons which I know are not true, I try to ignore that but honestly it's impossible.

However, the fact that I am multi-ISOing (for the uninitiated, ISO stands for ISOlate, and multi-ISOing is going over multiple people's posts in isolation) the three people voting me is (at least to my conscious mind) for objective reasons. I can see townies sussing me for my chaotic play and weak reads with confidence, but I highly doubt they're all town – easy ml, right here? Sign scum the heck up – which is why I'm going through their posts.

Quote wall, just got a couple posts from each of bb/cel/vom.

Cel: not much content of note. I said I didn't like his tone too much (admittedly that's pretty weak but I'll take what I get) but I feel like his lack of content isn't great. His RVS vote ended up on me, and even at that point I was being suspected, so it felt like putting more momentum on my ml.

Didn't like this quote much. I know fluff isn't indicative of like, anything, but the fact that there was discussion and conversation between me and amici means there could be stuff derived from that. Felt like scum hanging back. Moderate suspicion on this slot.

Vom: put her at the bottom of my rainbow for the lily vote. Felt like the vote was easy. But that probably made me biased towards her content in general (ala the first impressions bias), so let's put that aside. Going over Vom's posts (and suspicion on me) it felt like a genuine progression on me. Voted me for chaos and self-voting – I guess that's valid? but twas a joke – and while questioning me felt simultaneously like she meant her questions and got frustrated with my chaos and slight evasiveness.

Putting her thoughts out there, meaning it, genuine frustration/thought process. Gonna put this slot above Jade/Mega, mild-moderate townread.

bb:
entry felt mostly null – the misunderstanding about a Vom wagon was ??? ihani what that was, ngl. I didn't really like the following post:

Okay, not going to point out the always (no such thing as absolutes in mafia) but the bit about me townreading anyone is a bit much. Then in the same post we go to "or at least so it seems" which is kinda pretty hedgy. Also tone stuff but that's weak because it's tone. Still NAGL.

While I don't think saying you prefer a vote on someone is necessarily AI, i haaaated this phrasing. I am happy with this vote =/= I believe in this vote, or I scumread you – it's suuuper easy to take back, or to flip, or to whatever.

Overall mild-moderate suspicion on this slot as well – the tone should be minor but I feel like you're not being genuine. I apologize if this is untrue, but that's how it reads to me as of right now.

oh god this section is going to look so much like OMGUS lol

##UNZONE: Vom
##SUSPECT: bbninjas

where's this gonna lead? let's see!

(postscript: NAI/AI means non-alignment indicative/alignment indicative, e.g. indicative of town or scum; NAGL is not a good look; OMGUS is oh my god, you suck – voting someone for the sole reason that they voted you, which is not necessarily from scum either)

ew ew ew
get this post off my screen.
I really hope I dont have to explain how AAAAAAAAAA this post is.

I would argue it benefits town more at this point, the very beginning of D1. The way I see it, D1 is the easiest day to push for a misyeet for scum and get away with it. If we focus on only one person from the get go and look at no one else, we're making their job easier. Wouldn't it make more sense to look at different options and pick the best one?

I am - I still think Ephemera is the best option we have right now (hence my vote is still on them) but I don't wanna tunnel.

Is he? He asked a few (very valid) questions, but hasn't put out content of his own. Notice that in the one post where he appears to give input into the game, he does so in probabilities - not opinions. What do you make of that?

Use the search bar above, type someone's name in 'Posted by member' and then mark 'This thread only'. That last part is very important or you'll end up with posts from the entire Forum Games.

Also, you seem awfully happy to let Ephemera take all the heat from your interactions. Do you have something to say about that?

No questions are directed towards me i also have a job that i do, shocker, ik

Also I vaguely remember asking who was my top townread and rn nobody leaps off the screen screaming "I AM TOWN. LOOK AT ME. I AM SO TOWNY, THERE IS NO WAY IM SCUM". So rn given everything it's probably Mega, BB seems to be approaching t

Amici

Wayfaring Stranger
Major scumread on amici which is growing the more she keeps being silent.
Pretty big town read on vom
Lily is null but if she keeps behaving new with I’m new posts it will become suspicious.
Ephemera gives too much I am scum signals. But the chaotic nature is confusing. It’s a real gamble.

this is a bad read and you should feel bad

if its only based on "Amici quiet when attention is on her slot=scum" then please get out of this thread and come back when you have a read that has actual substance.

If there is actual substance then please elaborate

Amici

Wayfaring Stranger

Also general note about Ephe's posting once BB started pushing on them, it seems a lot more defensive from when Ephe received little pressure. Mainly pointing this out for my own sake when i eventually backread after my reads end up being very wack.

ew ew ew

Also I vaguely remember asking who was my top townread and rn nobody leaps off the screen screaming "I AM TOWN. LOOK AT ME. I AM SO TOWNY, THERE IS NO WAY IM SCUM". So rn given everything it's probably Mega, BB seems to be approaching t
bruh

[BB seems to be approaching] the Ephe slot with an intent to lynch. While Mega seems to want to figure out their alignment. Thats the vibe I got at least

Scattered mind

Forum Mod

if its only based on "Amici quiet when attention is on her slot=scum" then please get out of this thread and come back when you have a read that has actual substance.

no it’s your attempt to distant yourself from eph plus avoiding questions regarding your connection. Plus my read did make you come out of the shadows so I don’t feel bad.

Amici

Wayfaring Stranger
no it’s your attempt to distant yourself from eph plus avoiding questions regarding your connection. Plus my read did make you come out of the shadows so I don’t feel bad.

wow
its like I have a job and i cant click refresh on this forum 24/7 and instantly reply

also

I've called one obviously bad ephe post bad. In what universe is that any form of practical distancing. It doesn't muddy any potential connection really

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I’ve read up to post #124 and skimmed the rest, so heads up. Good to see posts from Amici and scattered. Jade as well, but I want to read that one again because it seems like Jade didn’t add any original analysis and echoed everyone else. Want to check Mega again.

Regarding that large post from Eph, I agree with your analysis of Cel and would even go as far as saying this: Cel is being intentionally neutral. Standard Celever in RVS, it’ll be interesting to see if that changes

You’ve also correctly read my initial vote - I was entirely ready to flip if you had a townie response to my “making friends and not scumhunt omg / townhunting” claim. But we haven’t actually seen much of ab explanation! You said “why can’t you both townhunt and make friends?”, to which I say you weren’t townhunting (I gave reasons for why), but you didn’t respond to that. You also showed that your Amici read was more specific than it seemed, which is great, but you haven’t actually explained this pattern:

Amici town reads Eph, Eph responds with town read on Amici
Vom, Cel, bbn finger of suspicion Eph, Eph throws suspicion right back
Vom weakens their scum read on Eph, Eph weakens their scum read on Vom
Mega scum reads Eph, Eph scumreads right back

Eph, your reads on a person seems to directly correspond with how that person has read you, and this is a pattern you haven’t addressed yet. You’ve directed attention to the people on your wagon instead, which is fair, but it’s also scummy when you’ve hardly addressed the reasons for your lynch in the first place

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh and I’m going to stop tunneling Eph soon (I think there will be enough stuff dug up once Eph responds to the claims) so I’ll broaden my scope and don’t expect any more Eph-focused posts this day

Ephemera

just a little longer...

ew ew ew

please explain how AAAAAAAAAA it is, thank you!

I mean, sorta valid points, but the same could be said about you? Giving and developing your own reads >>>> criticizing others' reads under no pressure at all. Plus like, elaborating is a thing? that you can ask him to do.

bruh

[BB seems to be approaching] the Ephe slot with an intent to lynch. While Mega seems to want to figure out their alignment. Thats the vibe I got at least

I like this point a bit. There's something about it which is slightly weird but I don't think it's major, will keep this in mind though.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I’ve read up to post #124 and skimmed the rest, so heads up. Good to see posts from Amici and scattered. Jade as well, but I want to read that one again because it seems like Jade didn’t add any original analysis and echoed everyone else. Want to check Mega again.

Regarding that large post from Eph, I agree with your analysis of Cel and would even go as far as saying this: Cel is being intentionally neutral. Standard Celever in RVS, it’ll be interesting to see if that changes

You’ve also correctly read my initial vote - I was entirely ready to flip if you had a townie response to my “making friends and not scumhunt omg / townhunting” claim. But we haven’t actually seen much of ab explanation! You said “why can’t you both townhunt and make friends?”, to which I say you weren’t townhunting (I gave reasons for why), but you didn’t respond to that. You also showed that your Amici read was more specific than it seemed, which is great, but you haven’t actually explained this pattern:

Amici town reads Eph, Eph responds with town read on Amici
Vom, Cel, bbn finger of suspicion Eph, Eph throws suspicion right back
Vom weakens their scum read on Eph, Eph weakens their scum read on Vom
Mega scum reads Eph, Eph scumreads right back

Eph, your reads on a person seems to directly correspond with how that person has read you, and this is a pattern you haven’t addressed yet. You’ve directed attention to the people on your wagon instead, which is fair, but it’s also scummy when you’ve hardly addressed the reasons for your lynch in the first place

re: bolded – wdym not townhunting and not responding to the claims? As far as I know, I showed my work – could you pull up the post where you didn't receive a reply?

amici is still pretty towny. I understood her point with regards to the players putting pressure on me completely, keeps reasonable suspicion on people.
i still don't think lily's being coached by a scummate here, so i'm fairly sure she's town as well.

re: the last bit – for the vom/cel/bb/mega suspicion, I believe I've explained that. For sure it's not 100% coincidental that these four are the people on my wagon, but I can say that if I were another slot I would still think there was scum on this wagon – easy wagon to get on/get off, easy target, reasonable suspicion, it's golden for scum.
The Amici townread wasn't for the snap townread on me, it was initially for her response to my pocketing jab – explained that too.
The Vom scumread was retracted not for her lessening her scumread on me, but because I realized my own bias – didn't like her first post, so obviously everything else she did was scummy, right? of course not, but that colored my initial read on her. I went through her posts again and realized that she believed what she was saying.

And finally: reasons for votes on me.

Vom – i'm suspicious? selfvoting? chaos? pressure vote to look for my intentions.
Cel - sorta-RVS vote, i'm chaotic
bb - i wanted to look like i was townhunting but i wasn't
mega - i'm shifting attention off of me

Okay, this is going to be the last big self-defense wall for now, because for sure at least one scum is doing this to stop me from doing actual work and force me to work on reasons for why I'm not scum. I'd much rather be looking for town and suspicious people right now, and I have been doing that, but this defense is taking up a lot of my time. So, last defense post.

Vom thinks I'm suspicious, which is fair. Anyone can think anyone is suspicious in mafia. Nothing I can do about this except keep working and hope you find that my intentions are town-based. Cel's vote is either going to be moved when he enters the thread again or given a more solid reason. If it's the latter, I can address it then (and I will have stuff to say about it if that happens). I've been townhunting, so not much else I can explain for bb's vote.

And mega's vote misinterpreted me. Having suspicion on me, attention on me – I think that's fine. All part of playing mafia, I tried a new style, it felt weird to people. But quite a bit of the discussion is only about me, and that's bad. If the day continues and I get eliminated, I flip town, someone gets doused (primed is the term but I like douse better) in the night, and we start D2 with not much analysis that hasn't been disproven by my flip. I don't want attention shifted away from me, I want other players to also be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.