Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
So ya'll, I may have slightly forgot this game was going on...plus with a busy spring break this week I just won't be able to look back too much tonight. Don't expect to be meeting the post requirement unfortunately because sleep is a thing that I need and I'm pretty sure the day ends before I'll be getting up(?). I'll try to give myself like 20 minutes to read back and hopefully post again if I don't give up and fall asleep beforehand lol.

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
So ya'll, I may have slightly forgot this game was going on...plus with a busy spring break this week I just won't be able to look back too much tonight. Don't expect to be meeting the post requirement unfortunately because sleep is a thing that I need and I'm pretty sure the day ends before I'll be getting up(?). I'll try to give myself like 20 minutes to read back and hopefully post again if I don't give up and fall asleep beforehand lol.
At the least I'll definitely be getting my vote in.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Okay, I appreciate how it could look like this. I'm actually trying to show that current arguements for Nick don't make sense. I did highlight a post I found signficantly scummy when I posted my ISO, so I agree that there are reasons, but not the ones you've been pushing. Read-wise; I started off have a neutral read but disagreed with your arguements and so I defended; this discussion forced me to ISO and now I'm actually town-reading him.
Ah, I misunderstood then. I just kept trying to find more and more things to show you there was a possibility. I don't mind the townread at all, it was never about that.
I'm honestly too tired to respond to the rest of your post in its entirety, and even if I wasn't (at least for me) there is no point in further arguing a point already made, but off the top of my head you said the combination of factors can be applied to a few other people, that I agree with you and then counter argue/blow it off, and that Nick's reads on people are shown in his actions.
1. True, but now you already know why I brought that up in the first place.
2. Also true, and I do it because sometimes people are just right and there is nothing to be argued against. Whether or not I agree with what you say, some things are just true and that's that. Notice how I don't actually argue against the point I agree with.
3. This I have to disagree with. Not only with Nick, but with people in general. Assuming people's reads on people off of calling things out like that is not very good as you should always be questioning people's actions and posts unless they're confotown.

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Just gonna like literally read through the whole thread and comment on anything I find noticeable I guess.
Haven't read through this thread fully so let's just go through the whole thing cause why not.
Be warned, I'm extremely tired so most of everything I say here may make next to no sense.

God, this better not be like Turnabout Trump and you know exactly why I'm saying that, NP.

I'm going to sit back and watch things play out right now, I'm used to the BB format of having discussion in alliance chats during comps, so I'm a little curious to see how this being a mafia game will change it.

I'll throw a vote in, sure.
##VOTE: Vom
I mean, I guess I really can't say anything about this since I haven't really been around, but this seems to be more like "Ima just lurk and not contribute anything while I could be." Idk, I've just been super busy while to me at seems like Violet here just isn't even trying to contribute.

Nope, not today at least. I'm not one who has accurate reads quickly so I don't think I'd be a good candidate. And because of a pretty good statistical advantage that anyone I choose is not scum, I think it's best to go with someone who is quite good at Mafia
Trying to hide from being HoH so as not to not be blamed for killing a townie? Idk, just something.

I complained about RVS last game, I'm just not interested in trying to make votes based off information that we don't even have yet. Honestly I'm not in this game to play mafia like my sign-up said, I just wanted to see if I'd enjoy the BB aspect of it.
If you want the real reason I voted Vom, it's because I liked his playing last game (I think there was somewhere in the OP about it being against the rules to judge things by past games? Either that or I didn't read things fully) so I didn't mention that as a reason. I was going to make a joke about how we're friends and both Canadian so I'd support him though that's completely unrelated to anything in the actual game, so I felt it shouldn't really be mentioned either.
I mean this is fair but at the same time it is a mafia game o
As far as I'm concerned I'm in a BB game with no established allies at this point in the game so I'm really indifferent to whoever becomes HoH.

Though if I'm going to agree with anything it'll be this, may as well give it to the person we think has the most skill to benefit us. We don't really know who's scum so it's not really as if we can make an informed decision on who to avoid.
K but also it isn't a BB game it's mafia, like I said above. Who says the person who will most benefit us with being HoH is someone who's played a lot of mafia though?

I'm not saying I'm making my own alliances, or that there are none. I'm saying I don't know who's who, so I can't really have any reasons for giving/not giving HoH to someone.
Yah, but like, it's that way with any mafia game?

Actually, I do (and for @bbninjas but if you've had to go to sleep cos you're on the other side of the world I guess that's acceptable until you come back later U: )

I think your play of choosing someone with no prior connections so that they base their nominations based solely on the game thread relies on one thing: there being anything of value in the game thread. I want both of you to try and take a forget-me-not about all the other players here and try to look objectively at the content of the posts in this thread so far, and then propose which 2 players you would nominate. Personally for me, I don't think there's enough in this thread for Maxwell or Geyde to make a sufficient conclusion as to who the 2 best nominees would be; prove me wrong.
With what I've read up to so far, and that being all I've read so far, I would for sure nominate Violet. Kinda just getting iffy vibes from her. Second nominee I'm having trouble with. Most other people in this game I either haven't heard from or I'm reading town, or at least neutral-leaning town. Morda maybe.

Give HoH to who you think is town and can lead.
I mean yah.

There's a knife in you
Less you bleed, the more you live
Forgive a false truth.

##VOTE: Voilet
Um why?

Hello. Im me. Im a good choice for vote. Because im a swell gull. I wear a suit. A beak you can trust.

Tbh. So far we only had pointless early aggression and suspecion. So I ain't reading all that. I have places to be.

Imma be voting ##Vote:Gekki because his character is called Mike Boogie. And I can trust a man who is grooving with the rhythm.

If you want a neutral vote that's not gonna lynch you for every word in your posts. Vote me for HoH. It's the first one. We should try to show unity for now. Until we have actual reason for suspecion.

Mirdo 2019: - A Gull you can trust.
Hahahaha, lol. You should read the thread
You just said that the HoH should be someone you don’t trust.

You also just said that it doesn’t matter who gets the HoH.

Huh?
Yah ^^

No harm, no foul. Please relay thoughts when possible so as to give insight on what you feel so we have more of a full idea on the group as a whole.
Slight echo of what Cel said right above you, plus when have you actually contributed anything this game up tot his point? lol

I was getting to that, don’t get in a knot. The majority of have seen your play style and how extremist it is. You know this, there’s is no denying it. If anything you’re reactions have a direct effect (or is it affect in this situation?) on how I’m about to read you.
  • Cel- Town
  • Gekki- ? (Only one post, not enough to go off of)
  • Jade- ? (Very little to go off of)
  • Violet- Town
  • Vom- Town
  • Zone- Null, leaning town
  • Blink- Null, leaning town (Still don’t quite know how to read, one game isn’t enough)
  • mord- ??
  • mirdo- Null, leaning scum
  • Geyde- Null, midline
  • bb- Too experienced, too early to tell
  • JCMaxwell
Reasons for these reads or nah?
I was never one for empty political promises. If you must insist, know it's a really bad time as I have a ton of work to do so I can only be on a few hours (most of the time before deadline is overnight for me). So far I'm thinking... @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK and @VioletValkyrie? The former is posting mainly fluff and the latter made a promise to read the thread and disappeared off the face of the earth afterward. I could switch Nick out for one of the inactives, but pretending to contribute is worse than just not contributing imo. A Zone policy lynch would also be ok, but it'd be just that–ok.
Yesh, completely agree with those nominees. Mirdo would be fine too.

Oh yeah, right. I've been paying a lot less attention to this game and really just been waiting for the next competition to go up. I didn't have anything interesting to add or to reply to other people's thoughts so I figured making a post saying "I've got nothing" wouldn't do anything for the game.
Not contributing at all also doesn
I’d rather not givin my technological circumstances at the moment which was the same reason I was hesitant on joining in the first place. I mean, I’d like to avoid an auto-loss.
Maybe contribute a little more then? Cause right now you still really aren't. Slight ATE unless I'm missing something here?

I still don't know who the nominees are :/

I Love the word corroborating.
Not that i have any idea what it means. But i Love it nonetheless .

Another Thing that I Love is that you guys go apesheit cause i said im Not Reading 3 Pages of random pointless stuff so I could post anyway and contribute somewhat.

Well. I dont Think i did contribute. But I was atleast Posting something.

Btw. All this discussion isnt getting us Anywhere. We Need to Talk about who to nominate.
And The Choices for that are probably Zone and ... Yeah i guess mirdo.
I dont mind going up as a pawn if you want to get Zone out.
If I Need to put myself at Danger to prove my alignment . So be it.
You aren't doing anything to contribute though. Posting fluff isn't useful to anyone but yourself if your scum and needing to meet the post requirement so you don't get a warning.

I just ISO'd Nick and I can't see this supposed lack of contribution or 'fluff'; I see a very different picture.

Pressure on Zone, who raised Aqua's suspicions for dumbtelling: Zone was thinking shallow, he underestimated bbn, or he poorly interpreted bbn.
Sharp on the uptake: Blinkey gave an 'easy' read on Zone and Aqua didn't let him get away with it. This shows that Aqua is actively and critically thinking about the game.
Aqua wants to develop not just reads, but informed and more accurate reads. Again, Aqua is actively trying to scumunt.
These are Aqua's first three posts. The first two are direct attempts at scumhunting and brought new ideas / thoughts to the conversation. The third was encouragement that comes from an innocent perspective.

The remainder four or five posts are responses to other people's questions, including a reads list and responding to percieved contradictions of said list. The reads list is simple, sure, but remember that Celever only wanted a "picture" of Aqua's reads, not an analysis.
I mean, I see what you're saying here. Slightly convincing. Though I slightly read this as bb making an attempt to keep suspicion off Nick, I don't really know I'm sooo tired Idk what to think. Still leaving an FoS on Nick with possible bb scum buddy maybe? Just a thought

@NinjaPenguin I'll nominate ZoneQ11 and mirdo.
Ah. That's what I expected at this point.

Okay, honestly at this point I gave up because I've spent way too much time on this tonight and I really need to sleep. I think most of this is probably not relevant anymore but I'm glad I got caught up even if I may not remember half of it lol. So yeah, at least I kinda got something out there.

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Just gonna like literally read through the whole thread and comment on anything I find noticeable I guess.
Haven't read through this thread fully so let's just go through the whole thing cause why not.
Be warned, I'm extremely tired so most of everything I say here may make next to no sense.

God, this better not be like Turnabout Trump and you know exactly why I'm saying that, NP.

I'm going to sit back and watch things play out right now, I'm used to the BB format of having discussion in alliance chats during comps, so I'm a little curious to see how this being a mafia game will change it.

I'll throw a vote in, sure.
##VOTE: Vom
I mean, I guess I really can't say anything about this since I haven't really been around, but this seems to be more like "Ima just lurk and not contribute anything while I could be." Idk, I've just been super busy while to me at seems like Violet here just isn't even trying to contribute.

Nope, not today at least. I'm not one who has accurate reads quickly so I don't think I'd be a good candidate. And because of a pretty good statistical advantage that anyone I choose is not scum, I think it's best to go with someone who is quite good at Mafia
Trying to hide from being HoH so as not to not be blamed for killing a townie? Idk, just something.

I complained about RVS last game, I'm just not interested in trying to make votes based off information that we don't even have yet. Honestly I'm not in this game to play mafia like my sign-up said, I just wanted to see if I'd enjoy the BB aspect of it.
If you want the real reason I voted Vom, it's because I liked his playing last game (I think there was somewhere in the OP about it being against the rules to judge things by past games? Either that or I didn't read things fully) so I didn't mention that as a reason. I was going to make a joke about how we're friends and both Canadian so I'd support him though that's completely unrelated to anything in the actual game, so I felt it shouldn't really be mentioned either.
As far as I'm concerned I'm in a BB game with no established allies at this point in the game so I'm really indifferent to whoever becomes HoH.

Though if I'm going to agree with anything it'll be this, may as well give it to the person we think has the most skill to benefit us. We don't really know who's scum so it's not really as if we can make an informed decision on who to avoid.
K but also it isn't a BB game it's mafia, like I said above. Who says the person who will most benefit us with being HoH is someone who's played a lot of mafia though?

I'm not saying I'm making my own alliances, or that there are none. I'm saying I don't know who's who, so I can't really have any reasons for giving/not giving HoH to someone.

Actually, I do (and for @bbninjas but if you've had to go to sleep cos you're on the other side of the world I guess that's acceptable until you come back later U: )

I think your play of choosing someone with no prior connections so that they base their nominations based solely on the game thread relies on one thing: there being anything of value in the game thread. I want both of you to try and take a forget-me-not about all the other players here and try to look objectively at the content of the posts in this thread so far, and then propose which 2 players you would nominate. Personally for me, I don't think there's enough in this thread for Maxwell or Geyde to make a sufficient conclusion as to who the 2 best nominees would be; prove me wrong.
With what I've read up to so far, and that being all I've read so far, I would for sure nominate Violet. Kinda just getting iffy vibes from her. Second nominee I'm having trouble with. Most other people in this game I either haven't heard from or I'm reading town, or at least neutral-leaning town. Morda maybe.

Give HoH to who you think is town and can lead.
I mean yah.

There's a knife in you
Less you bleed, the more you live
Forgive a false truth.

##VOTE: Voilet
Um why?

Hello. Im me. Im a good choice for vote. Because im a swell gull. I wear a suit. A beak you can trust.

Tbh. So far we only had pointless early aggression and suspecion. So I ain't reading all that. I have places to be.

Imma be voting ##Vote:Gekki because his character is called Mike Boogie. And I can trust a man who is grooving with the rhythm.

If you want a neutral vote that's not gonna lynch you for every word in your posts. Vote me for HoH. It's the first one. We should try to show unity for now. Until we have actual reason for suspecion.

Mirdo 2019: - A Gull you can trust.
You just said that the HoH should be someone you don’t trust.

You also just said that it doesn’t matter who gets the HoH.

Huh?
Yah ^^

No harm, no foul. Please relay thoughts when possible so as to give insight on what you feel so we have more of a full idea on the group as a whole.
Slight echo of what Cel said right above you, plus when have you actually contributed anything this game up tot his point? lol

I was getting to that, don’t get in a knot. The majority of have seen your play style and how extremist it is. You know this, there’s is no denying it. If anything you’re reactions have a direct effect (or is it affect in this situation?) on how I’m about to read you.
  • Cel- Town
  • Gekki- ? (Only one post, not enough to go off of)
  • Jade- ? (Very little to go off of)
  • Violet- Town
  • Vom- Town
  • Zone- Null, leaning town
  • Blink- Null, leaning town (Still don’t quite know how to read, one game isn’t enough)
  • mord- ??
  • mirdo- Null, leaning scum
  • Geyde- Null, midline
  • bb- Too experienced, too early to tell
  • JCMaxwell
I was never one for empty political promises. If you must insist, know it's a really bad time as I have a ton of work to do so I can only be on a few hours (most of the time before deadline is overnight for me). So far I'm thinking... @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK and @VioletValkyrie? The former is posting mainly fluff and the latter made a promise to read the thread and disappeared off the face of the earth afterward. I could switch Nick out for one of the inactives, but pretending to contribute is worse than just not contributing imo. A Zone policy lynch would also be ok, but it'd be just that–ok.

Oh yeah, right. I've been paying a lot less attention to this game and really just been waiting for the next competition to go up. I didn't have anything interesting to add or to reply to other people's thoughts so I figured making a post saying "I've got nothing" wouldn't do anything for the game.
I’d rather not givin my technological circumstances at the moment which was the same reason I was hesitant on joining in the first place. I mean, I’d like to avoid an auto-loss.
Maybe contribute a little more then? Cause right now you still really aren't. Slight ATE unless I'm missing something here?

I Love the word corroborating.
Not that i have any idea what it means. But i Love it nonetheless .

Another Thing that I Love is that you guys go apesheit cause i said im Not Reading 3 Pages of random pointless stuff so I could post anyway and contribute somewhat.

Well. I dont Think i did contribute. But I was atleast Posting something.

Btw. All this discussion isnt getting us Anywhere. We Need to Talk about who to nominate.
And The Choices for that are probably Zone and ... Yeah i guess mirdo.
I dont mind going up as a pawn if you want to get Zone out.
If I Need to put myself at Danger to prove my alignment . So be it.
You aren't doing anything to contribute though. Posting fluff isn't useful to anyone but yourself if your scum and needing to meet the post requirement so you don't get a warning.

I just ISO'd Nick and I can't see this supposed lack of contribution or 'fluff'; I see a very different picture.

Pressure on Zone, who raised Aqua's suspicions for dumbtelling: Zone was thinking shallow, he underestimated bbn, or he poorly interpreted bbn.
Sharp on the uptake: Blinkey gave an 'easy' read on Zone and Aqua didn't let him get away with it. This shows that Aqua is actively and critically thinking about the game.
Aqua wants to develop not just reads, but informed and more accurate reads. Again, Aqua is actively trying to scumunt.
These are Aqua's first three posts. The first two are direct attempts at scumhunting and brought new ideas / thoughts to the conversation. The third was encouragement that comes from an innocent perspective.

The remainder four or five posts are responses to other people's questions, including a reads list and responding to percieved contradictions of said list. The reads list is simple, sure, but remember that Celever only wanted a "picture" of Aqua's reads, not an analysis.
I mean, I see what you're saying here. Slightly convincing. Though I slightly read this as bb making an attempt to keep suspicion off Nick, I don't really know I'm sooo tired Idk what to think. Still leaving an FoS on Nick with possible bb scum buddy maybe? Just a thought

@NinjaPenguin I'll nominate ZoneQ11 and mirdo.

Okay, honestly at this point I gave up because I've spent way too much time on this tonight and I really need to sleep. I think most of this is probably not relevant anymore but I'm glad I got caught up even if I may not remember half of it lol. So yeah, at least I kinda got something out there.

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod

I mean yah.

Um why?

Yah ^^

Oooooof, double post...

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
I know I need to get to bed but I'm just gonna go ahead and make sure I hit that activity requirement since I'm here.

Ima give my read list, and yes I am aware I just called out Nick for not explaining his reads but hey I'm literally about to die of sleep deprivation, so give me credit. I'll give reasons later.

• Cel - town
  • Gekki - neutral
  • Violet - neutral
  • Vom leaning town
  • Zone - leaning scumish, more neutral
  • Blink - honestly didn't see enough to say, neutral
  • morda - leaning scum, haven't heard from them in a while
  • mirdo - neutral
  • Nick - leaning scum
  • Geyde - leaning town
  • bb - leaning town I think
  • Maxwell - Don't really have a read for them as they are subbing out and they didn't most much that was memorable

Enjoy. I'm finally off to bed~

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Admittedly, I also want Zone lynched because it would basically inform Celever's alignment. If Zone is mafian, than Celever is basically confirmed mafian.

This is because Zone already trusts and is taking advice from Celever. Keep in mind that Zone is a paranoid townie and never trusts anyone! But if Zone is mafian, it makes sense that he would trust his mafiabuddies.

Additionally: Celever says that he's torn between the a mirdo and Zone lynch, yet all of his actions and support has been for lynching mirdo. (If Cel is mafia, this is because he thinks Zone should be lynched but obviously doesn't want to lynch him if he doesn't have to.)

Given the situation we're in, voting for mirdo would possibly be beneficial because if we do get a lucky shot Vom is all-but confirmed.
If mirdo is scum then why is Vom his scumbuddy? I don't understand. Is it because Vom selected mirdo because WIFOM? Uh... because that's a WIFOM arguement itself. It could apply if Vom selected Violet, or Vom selected Jade, or Vom selected Gekki... you get the idea.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Can you read past the first sentence of the post?
Didn't I already do so?
So you're saying I'm insane for having only one read?
1. Yeah, see? I did read past the first sentence.
2. No. I am not saying you are insane for having only one read. I am saying you are suspicious for only having one read out of a minimum of three, and that one read alone was not and still is not being backed by any argument. You are literally barking and not biting at the moment, so once again: /FoS Gekki
I would like to point out that Zone can only be policy lynched on Day 1. It's now or never. We can't policy lynch on other days because we will have information then and we need to lynch more informed to stay ahead. If Zone is policy lynched and he is town, then we've wasted a day and we didn't even make an educated decision.
For once we finally agree on something.
If Zone is mafia, then accurately reading him is very difficult. Regardless of alignment, Zone will cause chaos.
This statement is correct. Moreso when I am on this forum and my homeforum.
If you're 50 - 50 on either mirdo or Zone, then you should pick Zone because a) he's chaotic which is anti-town and b) mirdo can be read, while Zone is very difficult to read.
I deny both statements. Chaotic is not always anti-town, while I still can't read mirdo who's not even trying to attack anyone.
Shame, too, cos in my earlier games with Zone I genuinely admired him as a player; he's good when he tries.
Oof. Must've been a good version of me. Probably a good time. Lately though, I've been going for the DA (devil's advocate) playstyle. As you can see, it is working very, very well.
I was talking from my perspective, not yours; referring specifically to where you tried to say that I was digging my own grave. I'm as conscious as anyone else that there's no doctor in this game and that I'm radiating townie vibes like I founded the settlement, but I can't see any reason for you to point that out except to set up an inoffensive nightkill tonight.
Uh... Okay? (For the record, I pointed that out because I can. There was literally nothing physical nor mental preventing me to do so. I suppose you can blame me for playing chaotic, but even for me I don't see the problem tbh.)
Reiterating that players like bb and Vom will read into my death regardless and probably draw a good conclusion from it was a worthwhile move in case we have an inexperienced scum team who might think it's a good idea.
I... don't know what to make of this, or why this was sent along with your reply towards me, but sure?
You know when someone creates a piece of artwork that looks like a dog rolled in mud and then on canvas, asks you for your feedback on it and you start bullshitting fake compliments? Mord's vote was that: an attempt to hide the true purpose of his vote by shrouding it in a paper-thin shimmer of transparency. I'm just not sure what the true purpose was yet.
The fact that you managed to do that with 4 posts only and nothing more is impressive. (Sarcasm)
I want to see more from mordacazir. Let him at least make 10 posts at W2, and if he doesn't post that much or turns out to remain susp, then nominate him.
Ditto this. Echo this. /FoS Violet
Funny thing is: I practically did the same on my part.
  • Cel - town
  • Gekki - neutral
  • Violet - neutral
  • Vom leaning town
  • Zone - leaning scumish, more neutral
  • Blink - honestly didn't see enough to say, neutral
  • morda - leaning scum, haven't heard from them in a while
  • mirdo - neutral
  • Nick - leaning scum
  • Geyde - leaning town
  • Maxwell - Don't really have a read for them as they are subbing out and they didn't most much that was memorable
1. You leaning me scum, but more towards neutral is normal. Nothing wrong here.
2. morda leaning scum is still weird. At least you used inactivity as an argument though, which is slightly better than Cel's argument.
3. How come Gekki is neutral? The guy's only posted one read, and fought with me ever since without explaining said read even though I have asked him to make expand that read at least once before.
4. You said yourself that Violet sounds like a lurker. Why do you put her at neutral then? *starts the FoS on Jade*
5. I just noticed. How come that -while Vom, bb and Geyde are townlean- only Cel is purely "town"?
6. Same as Violet, but... don't you think that mirdo should read the game? You passed it off as if mirdo not reading the game is just some joke. Are you planning to let this pacifist who doesn't even read the game off?

...well then. That was a quick decision. /FoS Jade
Admittedly, I also want Zone lynched because it would basically inform Celever's alignment. If Zone is mafian, than Celever is basically confirmed mafian.
One problem: It does not work the other way around. Which means that since I am going to flip town, Cel's alignment will remain unknown.
This is because Zone already trusts and is taking advice from Celever. Keep in mind that Zone is a paranoid townie and never trusts anyone!
Well then, you are in for a new meta information~ One which will cause even more chaos in the future~! :smiling_imp:
Additionally: Celever says that he's torn between the a mirdo and Zone lynch, yet all of his actions and support has been for lynching mirdo. (If Cel is mafia, this is because he thinks Zone should be lynched but obviously doesn't want to lynch him if he doesn't have to.)
Yeah, for this one I ain't gonna do anything for him. From what I've read, he was first torn, then he was on mirdo, then heard the bad things about me from you, and now... I PRAY that he is on me. Because lord, am I having stress from seeing the possibility of me surviving D1...

Zone Q11

Not so, I think Cel is inno except for that one major point.
Elaborate. You say that Cel is def!maf if I flip maf, yet Cel will be town if I flip town?
Ridiculous. All of you are experienced players, so clearly you all should be able to deceive each other.

Also, you won't respond about reading mirdo? You are just going to let my words be "some weirdo's nonsense"?

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
The problem is that not everyone is sure.

Again, if you were forced to pick someone for HoH, who would you pick?
Pick an HoH? Ehhhmm.. Probably one of the few that we don't have any Information on yet. Because they will be mostly neutral to everyone and beeing HoH makes a lot of information avabile for the rest of us. So maybe someone like Jade. Who I e.g. don't have much information about yet. But they are analyzing a lot. So I would feel assured that they would pick some good targets for Nomination
It's useful to my amusement. And so I hit the Post Requirement that is correct. Cause some sneaky bird decided to make it fairly high for my levels of activity.
Can we stop blaming me because I didn't read like 1- 1 1/2 pages of useless RVS?
If I just posted without mentioning that none of you would've even known and nobody would batted an eye.
I'm now trying to stay on time and read all posts in somewhat timely fashion. What more would you want.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Currently, I would be revealing the votes, but we have barely over half of them in right now and that's no good at all. Because of this, I am extending this phase by 12 hours so I don't need to give out a ton of warnings. This will not happen again.

Additionally, the scheduled live competition on Sunday has been cancelled, as some people were unavailable then.

Last edited:

Zone Q11

Pick an HoH? Ehhhmm.. Probably one of the few that we don't have any Information on yet. Because they will be mostly neutral to everyone and beeing HoH makes a lot of information avabile for the rest of us. So maybe someone like Jade. Who I e.g. don't have much information about yet. But they are analyzing a lot. So I would feel assured that they would pick some good targets for Nomination
This is basically an echo of many others. The only new thing is your choice of Jade.
I will ask you this: Would you let yourself become the HoH next Week?
Can we stop blaming me because I didn't read like 1- 1 1/2 pages of useless RVS?
If I just posted without mentioning that none of you would've even known and nobody would batted an eye.
I'm now trying to stay on time and read all posts in somewhat timely fashion. What more would you want.
I don't really care what others will say, but I will not stop blaming you. Even if it is useless (and even I admit that), you still need to read them to get a general impression of people. ...more importantly, if you had wanted to lay low and not be bothered by this topic, then why did you even mention that you didn't read some pages in the first place?
This will not happen again.
Thank goodness.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
I will ask you this: Would you let yourself become the HoH next Week?

I would take the honours yes. I would take the duty of it seriously.
But I doubt that anyone would trust me with it. Or dependand on what the competition entails that I'll be skilled enough to win it.
But sure. I'll try to get it cause I know that I can trust me.

I don't really care what others will say, but I will not stop blaming you. Even if it is useless (and even I admit that), you still need to read them to get a general impression of people. ...more importantly, if you had wanted to lay low and not be bothered by this topic, then why did you even mention that you didn't read some pages in the first place?
Because I want to be an honest boy.

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Oof, I honestly don't even understand some of the stuff I was saying last night.

1. You leaning me scum, but more towards neutral is normal. Nothing wrong here.
2. morda leaning scum is still weird. At least you used inactivity as an argument though, which is slightly better than Cel's argument.
3. How come Gekki is neutral? The guy's only posted one read, and fought with me ever since without explaining said read even though I have asked him to make expand that read at least once before.
4. You said yourself that Violet sounds like a lurker. Why do you put her at neutral then? *starts the FoS on Jade*
5. I just noticed. How come that -while Vom, bb and Geyde are townlean- only Cel is purely "town"?
6. Same as Violet, but... don't you think that mirdo should read the game? You passed it off as if mirdo not reading the game is just some joke. Are you planning to let this pacifist who doesn't even read the game off?
3 - Gekki is neutral bc I don't feel like I have enough info on them to put them anywhere else. I will read back into him soon.
4 - Good question, I honestly don't know. I genuinely see Violet as scummy so as to why my sleep deprived self put her in the neutral zone is something I don't know and only he does. lol
5 - Mistake on my part. I wasn trying not to put anyone as sole "town" or "scum" and just leaning.
6 - mirdo should definitely read the game. However, I do know my reason for keeping him neutral here. While he isn't being helpful, and barely contributing at all, which is scummy, I have also played games with mirdo in the past and this just kinda seems like classic him to me. Not that that should give him a break from not reading the thread, but yeah. That's why I put him neutral.

Gimme a sec to read up on a few things and fix my reads list~

Celever

Wheeeee~
That's uh, very deterministic. I can understand why you could see it casting me in a more scummy light (though I think it's due to forgetting about some of my posts), but I don't see in any way how the connection between the two of us is strong enough to be a if one is scum then so is the other; the connection between us is as strong as the connection between mirdo and Vom at best, which upon reflection now that I've slept I think I also phrased too deterministically at the time.
bb said:
This is because Zone already trusts and is taking advice from Celever. Keep in mind that Zone is a paranoid townie and never trusts anyone! But if Zone is mafian, it makes sense that he would trust his mafiabuddies.
I know that Zone is a chaotic player, but I also know from past experience on and off this site that Zone is an experienced, intelligent player when he wants to be; if we were both scum he would be more than able to sustain a paranoid metanarrative towards me and not treat me differently to other people in the game thread. Naturally in the scumchat we'd be bros tho U:

I also think that because we have some additional history off the site he knows my playstyle better than he does other people on the site and can probably see quite clearly that I'm town, if he's town. That's just a guess, though, since apparently since I last played Zone's decided to degrade as a player and now opts to behave like a chaotic newbie.
bb said:
I originally supported Zone's nomination, remember? Before Vom nominated mirdo, he was the frontrunner for me, and I was likely to vote Zone regardless of who the other player was (particularly because Vom was staging it to be Nick and Nick is towny). Once Vom nominated mirdo that casted doubt in my head towards mirdo, which is the part where I was torn, because I didn't just snap my mind from one target to the next at 180 degrees. Then upon reflection, I'm still leaning mirdo. But it's like, 65-35.
bb said:
If mirdo is scum then why is Vom his scumbuddy? I don't understand. Is it because Vom selected mirdo because WIFOM? Uh... because that's a WIFOM arguement itself. It could apply if Vom selected Violet, or Vom selected Jade, or Vom selected Gekki... you get the idea.
That much is true that if Vom had done this action with Violet, Jade or Gekki in the same way he did it wit mirdo I'd be thinking the same thing, but that doesn't refute why mirdo would be Vom's scumbuddy, it refutes why Vom would be mirdo's. What I mean by that is, if mirdo is scum and Vom is town, then Vom could have chosenly luckily out of the null read players. HOWEVER, if we assume the hypothesis that Vom is scum is correct, then we have to question why mirdo was the nomination, and not Violet, Jade or Gekki. The most logical thing to assume, if mirdo is town, is that he was an easy player to push a lynch onto, but that theory falls flat when you realise Vom never pushed a lynch onto him; he just nominated him without giving much reasoning, while continuing to push Nick as scum, after not using his power to nominate Nick to potentially die. Therefore the theory doesn't work. Writing this out I realise that there is another option: the mirdo nomination is smoke and mirrors because Vom started bussing his scumbuddy Nick too hard and didn't actually want to put him in the firing line. I'm not sure how viable this is as a theory yet, though, because it relies on the idea that Vom went in hard on his scumbud early in the game which seems untenable, especially as Nick has a tradition of dying early anyway.

The whole mirdo thing is a little conspiracy and it's really a cumulative argument more than anything else, but I don't see that we lose much by taking a stab with it considering mirdo isn't contributing much either, and iirc also signed up mainly for the Big Brother aspects of the game. I think it's objectively a good play for scum to kill Zone early in this game anyway due to the setup: Zone being unpredictable and chaotic is much worse for mafia in this game than in any other I've played because of the lynch vote always being between only 2 players; a mafian that's infiltrated deep into the town will never fully win Zone over, and while one vote isn't enough to hurt that mafian normally, one nomination certainly is, depending on the other player that they've been nominated with. It may not happen, but it also might, and so on reflection I think the policy lynch is somewhat unnecessary; if mafia don't kill him off in the first 2 nights they're misplaying.

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Just reading into Gekki cause he isn't someone I had payed too much attention to last night.

Hey everyone, I exist. Sorry for not posting earlier, I was tired and distracted+forgot rules (dw I've reread them and the majority of the thread insofar).

I'm getting townie vibes from Celever but not really much else.
Why are you getting townie vibes from Cel? Also, why don't you have any other reads?

This logic is garbage, I was getting ready to leave the house and believe it or not I can form my own reads without help.
But why are you getting townie vibes from Cel?

In fact I've only read up to about page 4

See above posts

I agree with it for the most part but I think he also made it harder for town to figure out what was going on as well.
Okee

I explained why it was if you read my post :U

As for reads, yeah fair. But I was rushing a post so I didn't forget, because I had to leave for a dance class. And honestly I don't really see much truly alignment indicative happening right now.
K how bout now? Anything new? I'd be great to see some more reads from you if possible?

Can you read past the first sentence of the post?

So you're saying I'm insane for having only one read?
I don't think anyone said you were insane.. However I still haven't seen anything contributing from you this game. It may be because I haven't really played in a game of Mafia for quite some time now, or I may be remembering incorrectly, but the way you're playing this game seems very different from how I remember you playing in the past. Idk, just something to keep in mind ig.

Ima leave an FoS on Gekki for now because he he's contributed next to nothing so far and the little contributing he has done hasn't really been anything too useful :/

• Cel - leaning town. He's been scumhunting and I really see nothing from him atm that would make me think he isn't town.

• Gekki - neutral, leaning scum (Read above spoiler for info on Gekki)
  • Violet - leaning scum. Not contributing, slight lurking. Read my post with Violet quotes.
  • Vom - leaning town.
  • Zone - leaning scumish, more neutral.
  • Blink - honestly didn't see enough to say, neutral.
  • morda - leaning scum, though the only solid reason for that is inactivity. Keeping FoS on them though until I hear from them again.
  • mirdo - neutral. Read what I've said in my last post.
  • Nick - leaning scum. Again, just haven't heard enough from them, mostly fluff. Read what I've said on them.
  • Geyde - leaning town, neutral - haven't really seen enough from them but what I have seen didn't seem scummy to me. May read back on them too actually.

There ya go. Gotta go do life now but I'll be back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.