Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
You're the safe choice, and that's boring in an unorthodox game where safety is merely perceived until NP makes it acid rain.
You fool...! The Power of Veto is active on even Weeks!
Therefore, while sometimes they may be normal scumreads, other times they may not be, and I have little time to try to distinguish between the two.
...oh crap. Playing DA is backfiring me for once.
...eh. Worth the defense.
{--only at D1, you fool!}
Crap! I'm right! You gotta vote me!
Nono, I always play to my WinCon and adamantly so. It's just more interesting to me to try to harness the powers of the aurora borealis than it is to harness the powers of a light prism, even if it's impossible to do the former and possible to do the latter. Risk vs reward, more potentially payoff... plus this is a game to have fun with because it's unorthodox to such a degree.
You maniac! You are enjoying the game to its fullest by choosing an unorthodox choice because it is an unorthodox game!?

*suddenly remembers something*
Hey Celever? I have a present for you. It's from yourself.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
That's uh, very deterministic. I can understand why you could see it casting me in a more scummy light, but I don't see in any way how the connection between the two of us is strong enough to be a if one is scum then so is the other
[...]
he would be more than able to sustain a paranoid metanarrative towards me and not treat me differently
[...]
I also think that because we have some additional history off the site he knows my playstyle better [...] apparently since I last played Zone's decided to degrade as a player and now opts to behave like a chaotic newbie.

It's because I don't think Zone would be able to sustain a paranoid metanarrative and would treat you differently subconciously, but I could be completely wrong. @Zone Q11 What actually is your mafia history with Celever? Some of your recent posts suggest that you haven't played with Celever very much at all.

Not quoting it, but it's true that you supported Zone's nomination. I don't see that evidence as too useful unfortunately because there are two nominations -- Vom had to pick a second person and mafian you would safely be able to change your mind if you decided to.

That much is true that if Vom had done this action with Violet, Jade or Gekki in the same way he did it wit mirdo I'd be thinking the same thing, but that doesn't refute why mirdo would be Vom's scumbuddy, it refutes why Vom would be mirdo's. What I mean by that is, if mirdo is scum and Vom is town, then Vom could have chosenly luckily out of the null read players. HOWEVER, if we assume the hypothesis that Vom is scum is correct, then we have to question why mirdo was the nomination, and not Violet, Jade or Gekki. The most logical thing to assume, if mirdo is town, is that he was an easy player to push a lynch onto, but that theory falls flat when you realise Vom never pushed a lynch onto him; he just nominated him without giving much reasoning, while continuing to push Nick as scum, after not using his power to nominate Nick to potentially die. Therefore the theory doesn't work. Writing this out I realise that there is another option: the mirdo nomination is smoke and mirrors because Vom started bussing his scumbuddy Nick too hard and didn't actually want to put him in the firing line. I'm not sure how viable this is as a theory yet, though, because it relies on the idea that Vom went in hard on his scumbud early in the game which seems untenable, especially as Nick has a tradition of dying early anyway.

Bolded; correct, mirdo is an easy lynch. But that's why Vom didn't need to push a lynch on him! Mirdo is easy -- you could get him lynched despite not putting forward an earlier case or having much reasoning at all.

Mafian Vom might have not selected Nick for two reasons:
-- Nick is a scumbuddy like you said.
-- Nick is town, and Vom didn't want more negative attention from you and myself (I think this is very likely)

That's why I don't see the merit in mirdo's lynch, let alone any connections with Vom.

As both alignments?
Can anyone who played in the last game remember him doing it?
Yes, Aqua invokes meta as both alignments and gets lynched Day 1 as both alignments. If I was Aqua, I'd be AtEing that fact just as he did.

That said, it doesn't excuse @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK dropping off the face of the Earth.

*tags bbninjas, Celever, @GekkisaiDaiNi, @mordacazir and @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK*
So folks, what do you all know about mirdo's meta?
Mirdo is very similar to Violet, except more comedic and likes to make jokes 24/7 (nothing particularly wrong with that). Doesn't think he has the authority to make reads because he hasn't played mafia much, and similarly to Violet, will make comments when they feel that they're allowed to (i.e. if someone explicitly asks them to). Sometimes does things like create pie charts that don't - uh - mean very much. Seems to also be playing because it's Big Brother, not because it's Mafia.

tl;dr I don't think that mirdo is doing anything uncharacteristic.

...Geyde? I found nothing but two posts where you mention Violet.
In here you... basically only say this.

And here you point out how odd it is that Jade think Violet is neutral... but your response was done even after he has changed his thoughts.

Basically, I found nothing about why you wouldn't nominate Violet.
@Geyde needs to respond to this finding.

Also, Jade is town. Nice to have you here Jade.
This. Jade, don't feel obligated, just post like you have been whenever you read the thread and you'll be fine.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Week 1 Eviction Results
This week on Big Brother:
After James was crowned the Most Popular houseguest, he turned around, nominating the outcasts of the group, Diane and Erika, saying "Gotcha before you could get me.”
Without a veto competition, these two were left at the mercy of the vote. At the eviction ceremony, Julie announced that the vote were split, but by a slim margin, it was Diane who became the first houseguest evicted this summer. Unfortunately for the Houseguests, Julie soon informed them that Diane was not a member of the Secret Alliance, but one of them instead.

By a vote of 4-3, the player who has been evicted is:
Zone Q11, who was Daine, aligned with the Houseguests

@Blinkehyo did not vote, and has received a warning, meaning that he will not be able to be picked in the random draw for the next Power of Veto competition. (JCMaxwell and Mordacazir also did not vote.)

JCMaxwell has been subbed out for @Nyora. Nyora, please like this post to confirm your role.
Mordacazir has been subbed out for @GM DracLord. Drac, please like this post to confirm your role.

The next HoH competition should be up shortly. Do not post until then.

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
It's because I don't think Zone would be able to sustain a paranoid metanarrative and would treat you differently subconciously, but I could be completely wrong.
Yeah nah you're wrong U: Zone is good at this game he just chooses this chaotic playstyle by his own volition. I'm sure you've played with him years back when he was better.
bb said:
@Zone Q11 What actually is your mafia history with Celever? Some of your recent posts suggest that you haven't played with Celever very much at all.
Our first game together was over 2 years ago and we've played pretty frequently since then. Not sure where you thought he said he hasn't played with me much? I saw the bit about where he was questioning where he got his impressions of me from, but I think it's kinda a case where Zone plays a lot more games than I do total so I have a smaller presence in his mind than he does in mine, as I play fewer games.
bb said:
Not quoting it, but it's true that you supported Zone's nomination. I don't see that evidence as too useful unfortunately because there are two nominations -- Vom had to pick a second person and mafian you would safely be able to change your mind if you decided to.
Yeah but like I said, the cards Vom was showing at the time was that Nick was gonna be one of his nominations for sure, and iirc I'd already publicly townread Nick by that point, therefore it wouldn't be a good idea to advocate for scumbud!Zone to be nominated. And regardless of who the second nomination was, policy lynch is an indefensable case; I'd have no way of actually saving Zone if the majority decided the policy lynch is worthwhile. I think you're looking at it as "could scum!celever make that play?" rather than "would scum!celever make that play?", and that's not a good way to go about it because I could have advocated for the nomination of any player in this game as scum quite easily. Why choose Zone, especially if he's my scumbud?
bb said:
Bolded; correct, mirdo is an easy lynch. But that's why Vom didn't need to push a lynch on him! Mirdo is easy -- you could get him lynched despite not putting forward an earlier case or having much reasoning at all.
Nah, I don't think that's a valid argument. mirdo wasn't a scum presence in the thread at that point -- Violet was a larger one, and Gekki to some degree, but mirdo at that point in time hadn't had anyone scumread him yet. That's why it piqued my interest to start with. There are a few players in this game who are easy lynches, and of those players mirdo is pretty much the least viable option for scum!vom.
bb said:
Mafian Vom might have not selected Nick for two reasons:
-- Nick is a scumbuddy like you said.
-- Nick is town, and Vom didn't want more negative attention from you and myself (I think this is very likely)
But when did that negative attention begin? It was after the mirdo nominations, right? Neither of us had directed anything negative towards Vom before that point; I didn't even scumread him before he nominated who he did, how he did.
bb said:
That's why I don't see the merit in mirdo's lynch, let alone any connections with Vom.
The mirdo thing isn't even just scummy because it's not Nick, it's also because it's not Violet, Gekki, Jade, Blinky (I'm throwing him in there because I've noticed he's been active lurking this whole game)... mirdo was not high on the list of potential nominations at all as far as I can see.

NinjaPenguin

Week 2 HOH: Zone Rules
You may have thought Zone has just been evicted, but his involvement in the game doesn't end quite yet. For this week's Head of Household competition, it's Zone's opinions that matter the most. We asked Zone to answer seven questions about the other houseguests. Your goal is to figure out which of these answers are true, and which of them are false.
Question 1: True or false? Zone believes that Vom is better at mafia than Mirdo.
Question 2: True or false? Zone believes that the player most likely to have ten fidget spinners in their home is TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK.
Question 3: True or false? Prior to playing this game, Zone believed that the most dangerous player to potentially be a member of the Secret Alliance was bbninjas.
Question 4: True or false? Zone believes that the player who has the best avatar is TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK.
Question 5: True or false? Zone believes that the player who is is most likely to seek revenge by using someone else’s toothbrush to clean the toilet is Zone Q11.
Question 6: True or false? Zone believes that the player most likely to be evicted, but to be aligned with the Houseguests, is Mirdo.
Question 7: True or false? Zone believes that the player most likely to rage when this game is over is Zone Q11.
Tiebreaker: How many in-game weeks does Zone believe this game will last?

Please submit your answers to these questions to me via PM in the next 36 hours, or until Sunday, March 17th, at 9:30 AM EST. Going in order from the first question to the seventh question, all players who guess incorrectly will eliminated from the competition. If everybody remaining guesses incorrectly on a question, nobody will be eliminated. If there is a tie after the seventh question, the person closest to the correct number in the tiebreaker, without going over, will be the next HOH. If there is still a tie, the winner will be the person who submitted their answers first.

As outgoing HOH, Vom is ineligible to compete.

You may continue to speak in-thread, but you may not discuss this competition in any way (this includes in the Secret Alliance chat).

@Celever
@GekkisaiDaiNi (Gekki has requested to sub out, but I am currently in the process of contacting subs for him.)
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@VioletValkyrie
@Vom
@Blinkehyo
@GM DracLord
@mirdo
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
@Geyde
@bbninjas
@Nyora

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I voted for Zone, surprise.

Yeah nah you're wrong U: Zone is good at this game he just chooses this chaotic playstyle by his own volition. I'm sure you've played with him years back when he was better.
See, that's the thing. I don't remember playing with him until recently. :/

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Actually, I suppose if Zone is nominated it doesn't matter too much who the other nominee is at this point in the game. So it'd probably be Zone+mirdo now. Nick's posting more and at least cooperating, Jade made only one post but it seemed genuine, Gekki is around even if only to defend himself, so is Violet, and morda seems to be thinking about his actions.
On the other hand, mirdo literally said he chose to not read the thread. It doesn't matter too much since the other person in the chopping block is Zone, but an actual reason for choosing the other one is certainly better than a coin flip.
^ on why I chose mirdo over Nick and the others. I did say I was ok with swapping Nick for another inactive, which is exactly what I did. I guess you could argue I could have included Blink in one of the options, but I did not consider him inactive at that point in time. By now, however, he's made like...4 actual posts? He mentioned catching up after work up there but @Blinkehyo we haven't forgotten about you.

And as for mirdo doing nothing uncharacteristic, I don't remember playing a game with mirdo so I really wouldn't know.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I voted for Zone. His chaotic playstyle frankly just clogs up the thread and confuses all sides. Which isn't fun for anyone. :U

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Olay yeah im gonna level with you guys, i lose the motivation to catch up the second i get on this thread. Im gonna play things by ear from this page. I hardly ever get any use form catching up anyway, so if there's something you want me to know (besides the mod updates) just lemmie kno

Geyde

Needs pictures of Spiderman
...Geyde? I found nothing but two posts where you mention Violet.
In here you... basically only say this.

And here you point out how odd it is that Jade think Violet is neutral... but your response was done even after he has changed his thoughts.

Basically, I found nothing about why you wouldn't nominate Violet.

'Honestly I'm not in this game to play mafia like my sign-up said, I just wanted to see if I'd enjoy the BB aspect of it.'

Wolves don't play the 'I dont' give a damn' card.

Geyde

I voted for Zone since near the end there I was mindmelding with them on some level.
I couldn't see that happening with a scum Zone

Geyde

Olay yeah im gonna level with you guys, i lose the motivation to catch up the second i get on this thread. Im gonna play things by ear from this page. I hardly ever get any use form catching up anyway, so if there's something you want me to know (besides the mod updates) just lemmie kno

Also it looks like i did yet another day 1 novote. ~

Village probably

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
'Honestly I'm not in this game to play mafia like my sign-up said, I just wanted to see if I'd enjoy the BB aspect of it.'

Wolves don't play the 'I dont' give a damn' card.
Wolves do play that card when they don’t give a damn, so I would caution about using it as the basis for a read.

NinjaPenguin

Week 2 HOH Results
Question 1: True
Jadethepokemontrainer, VioletValkyrie, Mirdo, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, and bbninjas got this question correct.
Celever got this question incorrect and has been eliminated.

Question 2: False (Zone chose GekkisaiDaiNi.)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK got this question correct.
Jadethepokemontrainer, VioletValkyrie, Mirdo, and bbninjas got this question correct.

Which means congratulations TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK on being the second Head of Household of the game!

Warnings:
The following players did not submit:
@GekkisaiDaiNi
@Blinkehyo
@Geyde
As it is his first warning, Geyde will not be able to be picked in the random draw for the next Power of Veto competition.
As it is their second warning, Gekki (though he's still requested to sub out) and Blink will be unable to compete in the next Head of Household competition.

(@GM DracLord and @Nyora have not yet confirmed their roles, and thus haven't been warned.)

Week 2 Nominations
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, as this week's Head of Household, you have up to 24 hours to make your two nominations for eviction. Please make them bolded in-thread and tag me so I can be sure to see them (I know you told me you may be busy, so I'll be a bit lenient here time-wise). You may still confer with your fellow houseguests as much as you wish during these 24 hours to help you make your decision.

I'm not going to bother to post the number of posts you need to make for the rest of the week, because in 36 hours 12 players all combined for 13 posts total. That's an incredibly low total, and I expect for all of you to step up your activity levels over the remainder of this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.