Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zone with your Watcher the only way to get useful results is to watch the person who got nightkilled so try to target whoever you think will be nightkilled tonight (and obviously don't say in here who it is so mafia can't avoid it).
TE is still quite scummy and still a worthwhile lynch tomorrow. Kiiruma and Gekki are also OK ones I think.
...NP? I am pretty sure I cannot target myself.
And even if I can, I don't think there is a doctor who will go for me.

...NP? I am pretty sure I cannot target myself.
And even if I can, I don't think there is a doctor who will go for me.
Of course, I won't target myself but still.
I am most likely the obvious choice.

*paranoia activates*
...so, who is the CFD-er? Or CFD-ers perhaps (plural)?

D1 Vote Count FINAL
TeamAqua4Life: 4 | Professor_Jplap [#48-#76], Ninja Penguin [#204], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#248], MegaPod_781 [#280], GekkisaiDaiNi [#297]
Zone Q11: 3 | MegaPod_781 [#30-#280], GekkisaiDaiNi [#63-#221], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#69-#161], Mariano11887 [#107], Professor_Jplap [#231], Blinkehyo [#238-#274], GM Draclord [#239]
Jadethepokemontrainer: 2 | Professor_Jplap [#40-#48], NO VOTE PENALTY
Ninja Penguin: 2 | Zone Q11 [#29], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#36], scattered mind [#218-#224]
GM Draclord: 1 | Kiiruma [#33]
Kiiruma: 1 | scattered mind [#224]
Mariano11887: 1 | Tigger [#143]
Professor_Jplap: 1 | Ninja Penguin [#49-#165], VioletValkyrie [#53], TeamAqua4Life [#55-#183], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#66-#69], GekkisaiDaiNi [#245-#297]
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 1| Professor_Jplap [#76-#201], Ninja Penguin [#165-#204], TeamAqua4Life [#188-#202], TeamAqua4Life [#253]
No Lynch: 1 | Blinkeyho [#274]

GekkisaiDaiNi: 0 | GM Draclord [#32-#141], NinjaPenguin [#35-#49]
MegaPod_781: 0| GekkisaiDaiNi [#31-#63], scattered mind [#57-#218]
scattered mind: 0 | TeamAqua4Life [#43-#55]

No vote: Jadethepokemontrainer

Majority: 9 votes
Hours remaining: none
Past vote counts: [#1], [#2], [#3], [#4], [#5], [#6]
Note: This vote count does show any decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

Fear and panic seeped through the zoo like a virus. No one was safe from the clutches of the Vengeance Movement, they had realised -- and to make matters worse, the Council Represent had passed desperate legislation ordering the lynch of one zoo resident each day until the revolters were culled. Friends could no longer be trusted. Family became enemies.

A few animals pushed a quivering giraffe to the front of the forum.

"It was Barbara!" exclaimed one animal.

"She is always up to no good!" accused another.

"Where is the evidence for this behaviour!?" asked the president of the Council. "What about this other fellow?" he said, for Barbara was not the only animal who had been accused of monstrosities.

But the queries of the president were drowned out by the shouts of approval and disapproval that had erupted in the forum. The president had no choice but to concede to the mob and grimly, with a trembling hand, he signed the order for the execution of Barbara the Giraffe.

TeamAqua4Life has been lynched! They were:

Barbara the Giraffe
Alignment: Vengeance Movement

You are a journalist for Choranga Zoo’s infamous joke of a newspaper, The Bird’s Eye Gazette. To be honest, you don’t even know why you still have this job. At least you can keep tabs on the weird and wonderful things that the humans do...

Active Ability: The Eye Witness
While you may not have the flexibility of the other airborne employees, your height still has its advantages! Each night, you may observe three players. You will find out what they did during the night (but not who they acted on!), and your findings will be published anonymously once the next day starts.

Win Condition: To achieve parity or better with the Innocents.

The forum was shocked. They were hopeful for sure, but they never expected to actually catch someone red-handed so soon! All they cared for was to not be lynched in Barbara's place. The residents murmured amongst themselves. Is this a joke? An accident? A set up?

With those questions on their minds, the forum disbanded and the animals wandered off to perform the nightly duties.

Night 1 Begin!
Night 1 ends in 23.5 hours, on 22:00 Friday, 8 February (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

A reminder that:
  • You may not act on yourself.
  • If you do not want to act, please let me know in your private Conversation.
  • You should submit actions as soon as possible.

I will be following up a few players who failed to meet the activity requirements tonight. Someone may be subbed out.

Last edited:
The animals wake up to find another animal no longer breathing.

scattered mind has been killed during the night! They were:

Wendy the Rhino
Alignment: Innocent

You’re a zoo local, born and bred, and have seen far beyond your lifetime quota of questionable acts and violence done at the hands of the humans. You protective side has been awakened, and nothing would dare wander into your path.

Active Ability: Drive ‘Em Off
Each night, you may choose a player to protect. You will stand guard, chasing away anyone who tries to act on them (including lethal actions), and forcing them to act on someone else at random instead.

Win Condition: To eliminate all members of the Vengeance Movement.

The animals were deeply saddened by the news of Wendy's death. She was as local as locals could be and a mother to all. The forum, encouraged by the results of the previous day's lynch and seeking revenge for the unjust death of their dead friend Wendy, the animals begin their discussions.

Day 2 Begin!
Day 1 ends in 46.5 hours, on 22:00 Saturday, 10 February (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

There are 14 players alive and the majority is 8 votes.

Please meet the minimum activity requirements of at least 1 post every 24 hours.

Day 2 can last for 48 hours or 72 hours depending on what people prefer. If you would prefer 72 hours, please vote using /72hr in thread. If you would prefer 48 hours, please vote using /48 hr in thread.

Putting in my obligatory gloating because scum hasn't been lynched on this site D1 since 2015 and I led a Day 1 scum lynch! I think in terms of wagon formation everybody looks pretty good here so definitely giving all of them a pass at least for today.

Vote-wise Blinkehyo looks the worst for that No Lynch vote and Vi's reluctance to go for Nick instead of Jplap is bad too. Gonna look through all mentions of Nick and the Nick ISO tomorrow probably, but it would be nice to have other people look through and make conclusions too.

Tigger and DFL need to post more so I can get reads on them.

/don't care about phase lengths

Vote-wise Blinkehyo looks the worst for that No Lynch vote and Vi's reluctance to go for Nick instead of Jplap is bad too. Gonna look through all mentions of Nick and the Nick ISO tomorrow probably, but it would be nice to have other people look through and make conclusions too.
I'm not going to be around tonight to talk more on this for the moment but I wanted to say right now that at the time I was more focused on jplap and wasn't paying attention to much about Nick's case, which is why I asked you for the details earlier, and then I was certain near the end of the day that majority would either be on Nick or Zone, and that if I switched my vote from jplap to Nick it would look strange as I would just be ignoring the person I was targeting all game in order to bandwagon, which I thought would end up looking really out of place.

I'm not going to be around tonight to talk more on this for the moment but I wanted to say right now that at the time I was more focused on jplap and wasn't paying attention to much about Nick's case, which is why I asked you for the details earlier, and then I was certain near the end of the day that majority would either be on Nick or Zone, and that if I switched my vote from jplap to Nick it would look strange as I would just be ignoring the person I was targeting all game in order to bandwagon, which I thought would end up looking really out of place.
Being concerned with how one appears to others is something scum should do not town

Being concerned with how one appears to others is something scum should do not town
^
I was going to read through the thread again but I kept getting distracted every time I intended to. I'll try to tomorrow since I have basically the whole day free.

Good to see that we lynched scum day 1 btw.

Sounds good, but I will say that while reluctance to vote Nick is somewhat eyebrow-raising, it doesn't exactly condemn anyone either.

Also, quick updates on my reads:

TE is honestly seeming more and more townie to me as time goes on, he's made a good amount of useful contributions to the thread lately.

I can't decide on Kiiruma. They're definitely scummy but at the same time I feel like scum wouldn't have the guts to just straight up throw a vote down with no explanation for their first post of the day.

Mega seems townie to me based on their contributions and generally sharp yet laid back behavior.

Vi was townie to me during D1 but that townie-ness is fading a bit.

I agree with NP that @Blinkehyo's no lynch vote was very odd/scummy and I would like to see some explanation for it on his part.

Everyone else is varying degrees of null to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back