Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i just re read the day start post /72 hr we need all the time we can get and cutting a whole day off of our time to actually figure stuff out is just illogical

I'm just gonna say this. I got to sneak a peak at a bit of GM's role. During the night they can permanently swap 2 people's abilities. What if there's a vanilla mafia just for this purpose. They get to steal a Power Role

I'm just gonna say this. I got to sneak a peak at a bit of GM's role. During the night they can permanently swap 2 people's abilities. What if there's a vanilla mafia just for this purpose. They get to steal a Power Role
You don't have any other comments to make? Not even on the things people have called you out for?

The only one which was made today was you and I don't know how to react to it. Thanks for saying I'm gutsy but I have a lot of reasoning to believe GM's slot is scum. Especially with one post they made.

Except BB specifically said that he made the roles then randomized their alignment. literally any alignment can have any role

Some things to note:
  • In this game, I designed every role and then randomised the alignments. This means that any role in the game could work on the mafian faction or the innocent faction
Also announcing what dracs ability was for all to read including scum might not have been the best idea as scum wants to know roles and abilities over alignment

Alright, I'd been keeping up with this anyway, so there was not much extra reading to do, and this is what I have for now. Oh and because I'll definitely forget to put it at the end of this post /72h
I'd probably agree with this if this vote actually moved things in that direction (i.e. if you vote Nick, and give good reason to suspect Nick in order to move the game along to eventually lynching Nick) but right now I'll agree this seems very low-effort, which you seem to be arguing against and that's what really raises suspicion for me. I know from the last game I've played and just spectating some early-game weeks of other people's games (mainly the ones I wrote for, Senate Subterfuge and Let's Go Kanto) that RVS seems pretty baseless but I think this is the only actual suspicious play I've seen from the game so far.

Not trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but hey, only one way to get started.
##VOTE: Professor_jplap
You literally...just agreed with what someone (NP I think?) said before, except you stretched it to 4 lines for...effect? Also, keep in mind that last part about saying how she doesn't know what she's doing for later.
For me it's less about him saying the game is going nowhere, I totally agreed with that up until this point.

The reason I'm currently voting for him is because his reason for voting for Nick is very weak (though that's not a big issue because this is still RVS, I get that) but also that his vote that he claims he made in order to move the game in that direction isn't moving it in that direction at all, since he doesn't have any good reasoning to back up his claim currently.
When NP claims he hasn't moved the game forward after wanting it to be moved forwards, he argues back by saying he's pushing for the game to move forward by voting for Nick.
I personally believe his counter-argument makes absolutely no sense as voting for Nick doesn't push the game forwards, which he claims is the specific reason why he made the vote. So his actions and what he says the reasons for those actions are don't line up, making me suspicious of him. It gives me the feeling of him trying to hide something or not having a good reason to make a move like that, and I believe if you're town, you have nothing to hide by telling the truth.

Let me know if you're still confused on my reasoning, I hope I'm explaining everything properly.
You went so ham on a RVS vote lol. You didn't need this whole post to get your point across, and again do keep in mind the mandatory 'I'm useless' sentence in the end.
A lot more thought goes into this early phase than I would've thought from a glance, wow. I'm satisfied with this reasoning and might try and think up of some stuff for the next game I play, thank you scattered.

Completely fair. I still consider myself to be new because I had a lot of questions during My Bastard Village, and I still don't have the best understanding of the game after playing through that, seeing as it was my first full game of Mafia I'd played. I just wanted to clear up any possible misconceptions beforehand by saying I was new, alongside the fact that I'm playing with some people for the first time this game and that'd be important to mention.
I also have a habit of selling myself short, so just saying "I'm new and don't know how to do things" is really just a habit at this point.
This post actually has a mix of some of the things I'm calling you out on. I'm eh about the first line because it feels more like a genuine thanking than anything else, but it's worth including given there are a few other instances of you flattering other players to get on their good side.
The second part of your post is yet another instance where you say you're new and to excuse anything you do 'wrong'. I don't even apologize that much, and I live in friggin' Canada. It's ok if you mess up. That's how you learn. If you keep telling people to not call you out on your mistakes, how can you learn from them?
While I hate the reasoning of "It's RVS", this just seems like something that TE would do in a game. Talking to him outside of forum games as well as playing Big Brother with him makes me certain of this, I don't think this is to start any fights.

From playing my last game with Zone, I'll... also agree that what Zone actually wants to accomplish is at least confusing to me. No offense meant to him of course, it's nice to play another game with someone I look up to like him.
Since the quote is here anyway, might as well throw in my 2 cents on TE. I actually agree with Violet here in that TE leans town to me. Alright, back to Violet. Flattering Zone here.
Thanks Gekki. <3
I think I remember hearing NP talk about how you've played forum mafia before so I'm excited he convinced me to sign up and that I get the experience of playing with you.
I see a trend here of Violet complimenting people left and right.
You give me too much credit, I don't put enough thought into my actions to use the word ruminate when describing them.
At this point my only doubt is whether you're doing this on purpose or not.
[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to be around tonight to talk more on this for the moment but I wanted to say right now that at the time I was more focused on jplap and wasn't paying attention to much about Nick's case, which is why I asked you for the details earlier, and then I was certain near the end of the day that majority would either be on Nick or Zone, and that if I switched my vote from jplap to Nick it would look strange as I would just be ignoring the person I was targeting all game in order to bandwagon, which I thought would end up looking really out of place.
Right, right. Don't worry guys, let me take attention away from me by explaining I wanted to keep attention away from me, then forcing the attention away from me as I disappear into RL.

I was gonna include a few more posts of hers, but they were all just going at jplap some more and just made this post even longer for no reason.

Basically:
  1. She's been trying to get on people's good sides from the beginning of the game by flattering them at the first chance she gets
  2. A lot of her posts are paragraphs long that could be shortened to a few sentences, fluffing the thread
  3. Tunnel on jplap even after recognizing said tunnel was bad/going nowhere
  4. Overly worried about how she's coming off (as shown by point #1) but further evidenced by her constant apologizing for being new and her rushing in to clear her name after being called out on not jumping on the Nick wagon.
All this being said, my vote isn't going on her just yet.
ZoneMegaPodGekkiGM DraclordKiiruma
This is scattered's list. I think Zone is fine, I was having doubts about MegaPod and Gekki but for now I'm neutral about them. Drac is scummy for resons below, and Kiiruma...not sure. Let's not forget sm considered NP and Kiiruma being scum as well.
Only Zone vs NP, I'm not sure whose better to keep but if I have to choose, I rather NP styas

##VOTE : Zone

This will be my last post.
Hm. No, you don't. I pulled this last game (where I was scum), but at least I had a few more posts than this. Wording something in this way (I'd rather have y player than x player) is meant to get player y to have a more positive opinion of you, even subconsciously.

##VOTE: mordacazir

It might've been made beforehand but seriously that ability is not town-oriented. It could screw us over big time, scum could get rid of their worst ability for any other one of their choice

Only Zone vs NP, I'm not sure whose better to keep but if I have to choose, I rather NP styas

##VOTE : Zone

This will be my last post.
This here screams scum, they sheeped onto the main-wagon at the time and said they wouldn't unvote? There could easily be a CFD at any point, so why lock a vote? Furthermore it makes no sense. We never said it was going to be a Math or NP vote. 2 people can verse each other and both be town after all, in which I believe this is the case. Congrats Vom on pointing it out first but I'm not sure I can give much towncred for that since it was sorta obvious.

Oh and, almost forgot, Mariano tunneling Zone the entire game even after having played with Zone last game is off.

Oh that one from drac
Yeah thats scummy as hell lmao how did I not see that
Yep. I saw it during the night and I was like "Let's just peek at an ability" saw that and I was like "Let's just vote this asap, try not to say why and then if anyone points it out they get a small bit of cred"

Notice:
My timezone is GMT +1.
Day Phase starts at 2300 for me.
Tomorrow I will be working from 0900 until 1800.
Within those nine hours, I will have two 30 minute breaks.
Thereafter, I will be at a party from 1900 until 2100 (estimated).
In case you ask why I am suddenly inactive, then here is my reason.
I will post this at the thread, as well at my PM.
--- --- ---
Day 2 can last for 48 hours or 72 hours depending on what people prefer. If you would prefer 72 hours, please vote using /72hr in thread. If you would prefer 48 hours, please vote using /48 hr in thread.
/48 hr
I had thought scum would go for someone else, but my target was not visited.
Now comes the little mind game: Should I tell you who I had visited or not?
Also, quick updates on my reads:

TE is honestly seeming more and more townie to me as time goes on, he's made a good amount of useful contributions to the thread lately.

I can't decide on Kiiruma. They're definitely scummy but at the same time I feel like scum wouldn't have the guts to just straight up throw a vote down with no explanation for their first post of the day.

Mega seems townie to me based on their contributions and generally sharp yet laid back behavior.

Vi was townie to me during D1 but that townie-ness is fading a bit.

I agree with NP that @Blinkehyo's no lynch vote was very odd/scummy and I would like to see some explanation for it on his part.

Everyone else is varying degrees of null to me.
Hm... Aside from the fact that I already forgot what Kiiruma did, and the fact that Violet's towniness doesn't fade away from me, this read is pretty much the same as mine.
That, and you and (unfortunately) NP are pretty much towncore for me.
ok i just re read the day start post /72 hr we need all the time we can get and cutting a whole day off of our time to actually figure stuff out is just illogical
48 hr = Day ends at Sunday, 11PM.
72 hr = Day ends at Monday, 11PM.
...I guess I can go to 72 hr, but I am more used to 48 hours to be honest.
/72 hr
This is scattered's list.
...hm? Huh. That's funny. Had scum not killed scattered, then I would've suspected him. I guess scattered was on to something?
Hm. No, you don't. I pulled this last game (where I was scum), but at least I had a few more posts than this. Wording something in this way (I'd rather have y player than x player) is meant to get player y to have a more positive opinion of you, even subconsciously.
Keep tabs on Mariano as well. He did that to me too.
Oh and, almost forgot, Mariano tunneling Zone the entire game even after having played with Zone last game is off.
Hm... I "could" defend him by saying he got modkilled due to inactivity last game, and thus we didn't have a baseline of trust in the masonchat back then, but my attack would be: "Then why is he not on a friendly term with me? I have certainly warned him that I play irregularly. I thought he would understand me."

Also, why is nobody talking when I have my break...? Are y'all at the other side of the world or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back