Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And would “kicking a sleeping dog” be, say, pressuring a player for something they’ve said or done? Or more like tunneling on a player for reasons not relevant to the game since before they even posted?
The former.
...hrm. But without pressuring, there won't be much progress either. What a dilemma.
So OMGUS then.
Yep. Done by a VI.
Uh, what? Just...what is this even supposed to mean?
If you don't get it, then just forget it.

D1 Vote Count #2
Zone Q11: 4 (L-5)| MegaPod_781 [#30], GekkisaiDaiNi [#63], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#69], Mariano11887 [#107]
Professor_Jplap: 3 | Ninja Penguin [#49], VioletValkyrie [#53], TeamAqua4Life [#55], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#66-#69]
Ninja Penguin: 2 | Zone Q11 [#29], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#36]
GM Draclord: 1 | Kiiruma [#33]
MegaPod_781: 1| GekkisaiDaiNi [#31-#63], scattered mind [#57]
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 1| Professor_Jplap [#76]
Mariano11887: 1 | Tigger [#143]

GekkisaiDaiNi: 0 | GM Draclord [#32-#141], NinjaPenguin [#35-#49]
Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | Professor_Jplap [#40-#48]
scattered mind: 0 | TeamAqua4Life [#43-#55]
TeamAqua4Life: 0 | Professor_Jplap [#48-#76]

No vote: @Blinkehyo, @GM DracLord, @Jadethepokemontrainer

Majority: 9 votes
Hours remaining: ~47.5 hrs [countdown]
Past vote counts: [#1]
Note: This vote count does not show any decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

@Jadethepokemontrainer is not meeting activity requirements.
@Jadethepokemontrainer and @Blinkehyo have not confirmed their role by liking a certain post [click here].

So, we can have double voters, triple voters or anything like that and we wouldn't know?
That fact that it was even mentioned in passing sorta hints at that to me

- Zone for asking if we should lynch or not. We always want to lynch someone on Day 1, there is a chance of hitting scum (which would be amazing) and even if we mislynch a townie we get some info to use it on Day 2. I'd like to also know why he said he was tunneling NP.
@Zone Q11 You're literally the most vehement anti-no lynch person I know. Why did you compromise that thought?
Mm... When I was young (in Mafia years), all I did was be a burden to people. Then came the hell that is named Mafia Championship. Then I became a bandwagonner. Then a tunneler. Then an honest player who plays for real. Aaand now I want to go back to being a tunneler. At this point, my playstyle of being jester-ish has been ingrained to my core though.
Play for real and actually scumhunt! Being jester-ish is Margaret's playstyle and I've learned how you feel about her smh.
I think the answers add nothing and are completely irrelevant, to be frank.
Every post adds something alignment-wise. Why do you think he posted what he did?
But I will say the last time I played with him and he acted like this he flipped scum.
Uh I don't remember Jplap ever being scum on here lol.
So you will vote or suspect anyone who attaks you... By this you are showing another scummy signal: OMGUS.
Mariano, drop the scumtells and talk to me about motivation. Where is the scum motivation for Zone to be upfront about this well known scumtell? Is this a scummy form of OMGUS? Why or why not?
It's too early, and day 1 relation are to farfetch'ed but as far as I read, nothing related much maybe after day 2 i might see the read differently from now
This is a huge hedge can you give me some thought of substance?
Vote: Mariano11887

ping
Hey tigger! Have you played mafia before? If so, how would you describe your playstyle?
Uh-that's not a description of a reason for your vote at all.
So, we can have double voters, triple voters or anything like that and we wouldn't know?
That fact that it was even mentioned in passing sorta hints at that to me
Yeah double voters/negative voters/vote negators are common in the site meta.
Any reads you have so far?

Simple: No town would kick a sleeping dog. That's why you let the sleeping dogs lie.
Sorry Zone, I'm not understanding the sleeping dog thing. Is it some way to call a player in Mafia?

When a Village Idiot votes back the one who votes him.
And what's the difference with a normal OMGUS?...
Now that I think of it, OMGUS is normally done by newbie players and I think you don't fit that adjective... Hmm, I need to think about this a little more.

The thing is: When I clearly have no info (most preferably mechanical info) to work with, then I simply RVS. And since there is no better RVS target than NP for me, I am voting him.
But why did you choose NP for your tunneling? Just because he is a good player and it's pretty difficult to "read" his alignment?

I have more things to quote and reply to but I have to leave now.

Correct. Any forms of vote manipulation that have a direct impact on vote numbers will be counted and visible in the FINAL vote count of each day.

For transparency's sake, @Professor_jplap made a post on h e that relates to this game, approximately 21 hours ago. Here is a screenshot of the post:

0zMEoOM.png

This is everyone's first and last remainder that Outside Communication (including profile posting) is NOT allowed.

Zone's slight town.
So are you, Ninja.
DFL's slight scum
could you provide some reasoning for these? reads without reason dont really help much
also i dont see why you would suspect NP whos been actively trying to contribute to the discussion

or transparency's sake, @Professor_jplap made a post on h e that relates to this game, approximately 21 hours ago. Here is a screenshot of the post:
You made an actual profile status post complaining about why people claim you're scum, yet you didn't respond to my claims about why I think you're scum when I asked you and offered you chances to defend yourself? I'm sorry that seems to be a common problem for you but I can't feel bad for you for this instance.

could you provide some reasoning for these? reads without reason dont really help much
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on DFL, Kiiruma. I'm personally just more interested in why people could be scummy compared to why they couldn't be.

also i dont see why you would suspect NP whos been actively trying to contribute to the discussion
How is he suspecting NP? He said he thinks NP is town.

@VioletValkyrie glad to see you back,
Hi Drac! Good to be in another game.

You made an actual profile status post complaining about why people claim you're scum, yet you didn't respond to my claims about why I think you're scum when I asked you and offered you chances to defend yourself? I'm sorry that seems to be a common problem for you but I can't feel bad for you for this instance.
I didn't really go anywhere with this response so I want to clear up I'm still convinced jplap is scum so far, and him making a complaint like this (especially outside of the game) convinces me even further that he's panicking and doesn't know how to respond. Jplap isn't inexperienced as implied by his post, and a town wouldn't have anything to hide when clearing up any claims like this against them, though since NP said this:
Uh I don't remember Jplap ever being scum on here lol.
I could totally see him just being an inexperienced scum and not knowing how to lie his way out of his cover being blown.

Hopefully that shows I'm going somewhere with this and not just calling him out personally.

The former.
...hrm. But without pressuring, there won't be much progress either. What a dilemma.
So, pressuring someone for any reason you’ve observed is less towny than tunneling someone for no reason, according to you.

Not really a dilemma. It’s just playing the game. I see you’re starting to notice the problem with your own prior assertions.

I could totally see him just being an inexperienced scum and not knowing how to lie his way out of his cover being blown.
Hopefully that shows I'm going somewhere with this and not just calling him out personally.
if he was inexperienced he'd likely ask his fellow scum in the scumchat for help instead of making a post. I remember when i was first time scum in Dracs game a few games ago and I was clueless and asked for help from Roz multiple times
although the post on his profile is a different issue on one hand it could show hes scum trying to deflect suspicion or a townie whos upset people wont stop suspecting him

i also want to get back to Gekki claiming Jplap plays this way as scum despite never playing as scum according to NP. if Gekki could show us the game that Jplap was scum in then i'd be much more inclined to believe that he's scum. but if Jplap isnt scum that could be a tell that Gekki himself is scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back