Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know what to think about Zone atm, he almost seems to be trying to play somewhat of a devil's advocate role. Not particularly scummy or townie honestly. My vote still lies on him for now since I think his intent to tunnel NP just fluffs up the thread until he can actually find some reasoning for doing it.
I don’t get this tbh. You leave your vote on him and point out a possible motive on Zone’s part to stall actual reasoning on his vote target, yet claim to have a neutral opinion on Zone?

I don’t get this tbh. You leave your vote on him and point out a possible motive on Zone’s part to stall actual reasoning on his vote target, yet claim to have a neutral opinion on Zone?
My bad, I meant I wasn't sure what to think about his stance on the game atm. Not what I thought about him in general.

I don't really know what to think about Zone atm, he almost seems to be trying to play somewhat of a devil's advocate role.
*googles what it means*
...yep! I am indeed a devil's advocate. Been doing that for about 3 weeks tops and failed surviving in all of them. One time, I had a fun postmortem abilities though.
Not particularly scummy or townie honestly. My vote still lies on him for now since I think his intent to tunnel NP just fluffs up the thread until he can actually find some reasoning for doing it.
Then just like me, you will waste your vote.
Remember the guy I tunneled because of BS at Day 1? I was the only guy who voted him Day 2. Turns out: He was scum all along who tried to FPS. Moral of story: Don't attack me and I won't bite you. Attack me, and suffer from my tunneling.
Thank you for simplifying what I suspected of you. No, it does not look like you care. At best, you’ve rolled Town but are putting your own possibly destructive goal ahead of the win condition. At worst you’re actively trying to hurt the Town.
Surprise: It is neither. I'm just a step above the best: I am putting my wincon above my grudges. ...it doesn't mean that I have any other targets aside from NP though.
That was one game though, we have no confirmation of that this time around (assuming you did back then).
Which is why I said: "Just see it as a reaction test".
As for the second part, that's good to hear I guess?
Yay~! \o/
Yeah... I'm that guy, you know? The town that you want to get rid off no matter your alignment. It's called the Village Idiot.
Though to be frank I don't really see the point in starting those tunnels at all & saying you're gonna tunnel them for the entirety of the game if you know you're not going to.
The thing is: When it comes to tunneling, I don't see it as "Sticking on this person regardless of everyone's votes with no reason". I see it as "Has this guy BS'd the game? Has this guy angered me?"
It's all emotion-based, really.

My bad, I meant I wasn't sure what to think about his stance on the game atm. Not what I thought about him in general.
Like, I wasn't sure if his actual approach to the game was scummy or townie, but I think some of his actions have been.
(have been scummy, that is)
Hah! If the Great NinjaPenguin has failed to read me, then how in the world will you ever read me!? I play the same way no matter my alignment! Har har har! (<- Laugh)

...fumu. It is near 1AM. Might be wise to sleep now.

Then just like me, you will waste your vote. Remember the guy I tunneled because of BS at Day 1? I was the only guy who voted him Day 2. Turns out: He was scum all along who tried to FPS. Moral of story: Don't attack me and I won't bite you. Attack me, and suffer from my tunneling.
...Do you really expect me to just drop my vote on you because you're threatening to tunnel me out of OMGUS? :p
The thing is: When it comes to tunneling, I don't see it as "Sticking on this person regardless of everyone's votes with no reason". I see it as "Has this guy BS'd the game? Has this guy angered me?"
This doesn't really answer why you're doing it in the first place.

...Do you really expect me to just drop my vote on you because you're threatening to tunnel me out of OMGUS? :p
Of course not. You have to BS the game first before I can do that. After all, why would I ever tunnel a polite stranger?
This doesn't really answer why you're doing it in the first place.
Will this do? "I don't have any other targets. No one is acting suspicious enough to be on my radar."
If you are going to say that I need to do more, then you would be the second person to do so. Don't bother with me and continue hunting scum. I will join later if the argument is undeniable. ...or at least, if it comes from a claim.

Remember the guy I tunneled because of BS at Day 1? I was the only guy who voted him Day 2. Turns out: He was scum all along who tried to FPS. Moral of story: Don't attack me and I won't bite you. Attack me, and suffer from my tunneling.
So you will vote or suspect anyone who attaks you... By this you are showing another scummy signal: OMGUS.

Someone angering you is not an indicator of alignment.

So you will vote or suspect anyone who attaks you... By this you are showing another scummy signal: OMGUS
Firstly: I will indeed tunnel the hell out of someone who attacks me.
Secondly: Nobody has done that yet in this game.
Thirdly: Never heard of VI OMGUS?
Someone angering you is not an indicator of alignment
Who said anything about alignment?
I only don't want to get attacked. I've been doing it for months, but it never works.

Of course not. You have to BS the game first before I can do that. After all, why would I ever tunnel a polite stranger?

Will this do? "I don't have any other targets. No one is acting suspicious enough to be on my radar.".
Fair enough.
If you are going to say that I need to do more, then you would be the second person to do so. Don't bother with me and continue hunting scum. I will join later if the argument is undeniable. ...or at least, if it comes from a claim.
There's a fairly obvious & scummy self-contradiction here. If you wanted me to scumhunt you wouldn't mind being pressured for the purpose of scumhunting.

If you wanted me to scumhunt you wouldn't mind being pressured for the purpose of scumhunting.
Uh... Sure? Just make sure you get actual data and not make this interrogation become a 100% waste of the day.

Firstly: I will indeed tunnel the hell out of someone who attacks me.
But why? What makes you think tunnelling someone who attacks you will help to find scum?

Thirdly: Never heard of VI OMGUS?
Nope. What is VI OMGUS?

Who said anything about alignment?
I only don't want to get attacked. I've been doing it for months, but it never works.
Town's purpose is to find scum and lynch them. All the actions you do here (if you are town) should be with that purpose, that's why it's strange to me that you tend to attack people who angers you.
If you don't want to get attacked, apart from defending yourself propose someone else who is scummy for you.

But why? What makes you think tunnelling someone who attacks you will help to find scum?
Simple: No town would kick a sleeping dog. That's why you let the sleeping dogs lie.
Nope. What is VI OMGUS?
When a Village Idiot votes back the one who votes him.
Town's purpose is to find scum and lynch them. All the actions you do here (if you are town) should be with that purpose, that's why it's strange to me that you tend to attack people who angers you.
The thing is: When I clearly have no info (most preferably mechanical info) to work with, then I simply RVS. And since there is no better RVS target than NP for me, I am voting him.
TL;DR there is not enough information. Especially when reading people isn't my strong suit. ...wait a minute. I am back here again!? At the mafia school!? Talking about my "why"s!? Oh hell no, I ain't repeating this again!
If you don't want to get attacked, apart from defending yourself propose someone else who is scummy for you.
Wrong. Look at literally anyone else who has not been attacked. What are they doing? Attacking other people.
You may defend yourself by shifting the blame, but the best way to defend yourself is by attacking first. Get on my level first, and then we can talk.

Uh... Sure? Just make sure you get actual data and not make this interrogation become a 100% waste of the day.
Ofc. I'm not trying to interrogate or tunnel you and I don't really see why you think I am. I'm just trying to get some early info and leads.

Simple: No town would kick a sleeping dog. That's why you let the sleeping dogs lie.
And would “kicking a sleeping dog” be, say, pressuring a player for something they’ve said or done? Or more like tunneling on a player for reasons not relevant to the game since before they even posted?
When a Village Idiot votes back the one who votes him.
So OMGUS then.
Wrong. Look at literally anyone else who has not been attacked. What are they doing? Attacking other people.
You may defend yourself by shifting the blame, but the best way to defend yourself is by attacking first. Get on my level first, and then we can talk.
Uh, what? Just...what is this even supposed to mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back