Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meam.. do you think they are scumbuddies, like I think?
Really? I'm not Drac but I definitely don't think they're scumbuddies.
Also why ask Drac in particular?
Eh, if you say so. You asked me a lot of stuff in-thread after My Bastard Village so I figured you'd have a decent idea of how I think in mafia. And you'd know me well enough that you'd know things like "Violet was really happy that one time Zone said he liked her avatar".
Nah I want to get what you think now since you've had plenty of time to ruminate about what you did in that game.

so the likely solution is to vote for the one sheeping but that could be seen as sheeping you making me the bad guy
Dude. All I want to do is bite the hand of everyone who attacks me. I'm not aiming for you, I am aiming at TE.
None of the above. Read my last big post.
You want me to vote someone from the 5-man list in which I am literally the first option?
I mean, I can somewhat agree to it if it is only once, but throughout the whole game? Do you want town dead or something? Scum has minority, but that doesn't mean that we can chop off town one by one.
The funny thing is Zone is playing along with TE.
Well I... forgot what I wanted to say.
Short term memory + Responds to everything with my name in it.
“Kill?” Possible scumslip? And why wait 39 hours to analyze reactions? I’m analyzing stuff right now.
Not a scumslip, but a habit.
39 hours because I am more of a mechanic reader rather than a people reader.
I have reasons to suspect both of them, so it’s possibly a MvM interaction set up to create distancing.
Just like how I am distancing from you~?
*draws closer*
Well, Zone did specifically state that his tunneling isn’t any kind of joke, despite lacking game-relevant reasoning. Maybe it does look like a reach to you, but I’m concerned about what Zone actually wants to accomplish here.
Yep. I ain't joking.
As for my "hidden agenda/motive"...! SURPRISE! ...I have none. I just want to get rid of NP regardless of all costs.
Completely fair. I still consider myself to be new because I had a lot of questions during My Bastard Village, and I still don't have the best understanding of the game after playing through that, seeing as it was my first full game of Mafia I'd played. I just wanted to clear up any possible misconceptions beforehand by saying I was new, alongside the fact that I'm playing with some people for the first time this game and that'd be important to mention.
I also have a habit of selling myself short, so just saying "I'm new and don't know how to do things" is really just a habit at this point.
*reads 2 paragraphs*
*got 0 impression for AI*
No offense, but you remind me of myself when I talk about myself and not the game.
How about you answer this: If you are a Day Vigilante, who would you like to kill right now?
From playing my last game with Zone, I'll... also agree that what Zone actually wants to accomplish is at least confusing to me. No offense meant to him of course, it's nice to play another game with someone I look up to like him.
Uh... What I want to accomplish is to kill NP by any means while reading and playing the game for real at the same time.
Also, why are you looking up to me...? That is... a bad sign. Please don't do it. I am a Village Idiot through and through. You need to look up at good people. Like... well, basically anyone else.
I'd like to see a reply from Gekki re: this when he gets back.
Uh... Why?
Wait. What are we talking about?
I gotta check again...
I took him out along with myself because I was suspicious (especially in the late game) of his reasoning why and what his role truly was
Ah. Yep. Now I remember.
Suicide. Bad stuff happened. I didn't know there was-- wait. I knew. I simply didn't expect you were going to kill me.
It felt like he massively outplayed me, and even being a new person with little understanding, it seemed really impressive.
Uh... What?
How is that remotely possible? Vi, you might want to recheck that game again. No way on Earth did I outplay you.
Overall it just really felt like Zone was experienced and knew what he was doing in that game, so I look up to him because of that.
...the only thing I am experienced in after 2 years of mafia is "How to be a VI while holding grudges from past games." That ain't good at all.
How had he outplayed you?
My question exacty.
He went through the whole game saying that his goal was to be lynched, then when he was lynched it turned out that he didn't have an ability that benefitted from him being lynched, and he wasn't scum asking to be lynched in order to throw people off in a reverse-psychology kind of thinking. I felt he set up a trap and I completely fell for it.
...unless I was stressed to the point of no return, that action shouldn't be considered good at all. In fact, it is a blunder. No town "should" let other town think that they are a scum. That's just stupid. Which is why they are called Village Idiots.

No offense, but you remind me of myself when I talk about myself and not the game.
How about you answer this: If you are a Day Vigilante, who would you like to kill right now?
Jplap.

Also, why are you looking up to me...? That is... a bad sign. Please don't do it. I am a Village Idiot through and through. You need to look up at good people. Like... well, basically anyone else.
I'm... young and impressionable?

You give me too much credit, I don't put enough thought into my actions to use the word ruminate when describing them.
Maybe not consciously, but I've already seen a bit of a change in how you're approaching stuff in that it's gotten more individualistic in nature.
while reading and playing the game for real at the same time
Any particular reason for picking this game to read players seriously in?

By the way, the reason I don't trust NP in the slightest is...! He can't read me.

Last game on PB: He voted me. I declared war. Both of us were town.
Second last game on ToL: He pocketed me. I did not suspect anything. He was scum, I was town.
Last game on ToL: I set aside my grudge because of a new target of my grudge. NP survived the game. NP was town survivor, and I was town.

You probably won't understand me, but I literally have zero trust on NP.

Hey guys! Nice to see you again.

Well, so far there are two players who got my attention: Zone and TE.
- Zone for asking if we should lynch or not. We always want to lynch someone on Day 1, there is a chance of hitting scum (which would be amazing) and even if we mislynch a townie we get some info to use it on Day 2. I'd like to also know why he said he was tunneling NP.
- TE for explicitely joining jplap's wagon here without an actual reason.

Between those 2, I think Zone looks a bit scummier.
##VOTE: Zone Q11

By the way, the reason I don't trust NP in the slightest is...! He can't read me.

Second last game on ToL: He pocketed me. I did not suspect anything. He was scum, I was town.
Last game on ToL: I set aside my grudge because of a new target of my grudge. NP survived the game. NP was town survivor, and I was town.

So you decided to tunnel him on your very first post of this game without even him having posted?

@MegaPod_781 Long time no see! Have you played much mafia since you were last on here?
Hi NP, I’ve been in games on my home forum since my last one here, yeah, with varying degrees of success.
As for my "hidden agenda/motive"...! SURPRISE! ...I have none. I just want to get rid of NP regardless of all costs.
Yeahhh, this mentality isn’t exactly helpful. With NP’s alignment unconfirmed, this could easily lead to a mislynch if not backed by evidence or actual reads.

And this is about as much of a coherent argument as it is a rational one for mistrusting NP in this game. (Hint: it’s not one)

So, from what I read, am I to understand Violet’s suspicion on jplap is because their post voting EPICNESS calls TE scummy while also saying TE doesn’t look like they know what they’re doing, and jplap hasn’t provided an adequate explanation linking those two conclusions? I think that’s what I’m picking up on.

- TE for explicitely joining jplap's wagon here without an actual reason.
ive answered this already it was RVS if you read what i said i used the term "lmao" and my basis was that he wasnt cool not exactly the most serious things

i dont could you please explain? if someone couldnt read you wouldnt it be better to keep them around?

And you'd know me well enough that you'd know things like "Violet was really happy that one time Zone said he liked her avatar".
Fun facts:
1. I still remember that.
2. I still don't understand how Rize from Tokyo Ghoul would lose against my avatar.
Hours remaining: ~70 hrs
...I could've sworn we are playing a 48 hour Day Phase game.
The question to GM Draclord can also be answered by either one of you. Let’s see who spots the scumminess connection first.
Welp. Whoever it is, it ain't me for sure.
If anything, I would suspect the one who puts the suspicion forward in the first place. However, that would literally kill the chat. So... meh. Just ask guidance from... I dunno. Where are the good readers when you need them...? ...actually, you are one too. Did you already mention your thoughts on Drac?
Ah, right... I read something about getting you irritated. ...I guess we are kind of the same in the fact that we prioritize emotions over the game? But that's not a good thing though...
...I swear I am looking at my past and current self right now.
I'm... young and impressionable?
Mm... When I was young (in Mafia years), all I did was be a burden to people. Then came the hell that is named Mafia Championship. Then I became a bandwagonner. Then a tunneler. Then an honest player who plays for real. Aaand now I want to go back to being a tunneler. At this point, my playstyle of being jester-ish has been ingrained to my core though.
Any particular reason for picking this game to read players seriously in?
A couple of days ago I had this schedule:
-> Host FM
-> Host other game
-> Play ToL EFoL
-> Play ToL Vamp
-> Read ToL VCFM deadchat
-> Wait for PB game

Now I have this schedule:
-> Host FM
-> Play PB

Basically, my attention is now not divided anymore. Or at least, less divided.

So, from what I read, am I to understand Violet’s suspicion on jplap is because their post voting EPICNESS calls TE scummy while also saying TE doesn’t look like they know what they’re doing, and jplap hasn’t provided an adequate explanation linking those two conclusions? I think that’s what I’m picking up on.
Yeah, that's about it. Though that's on top of the suspicion I had on him before due to his voting for Nick and "response" to NP.

Ah, right... I read something about getting you irritated. ...I guess we are kind of the same in the fact that we prioritize emotions over the game? But that's not a good thing though...
With this I didn't mean to imply that I was voting strictly from emotion (I did that when voting for MathBlade last game, I'm sure you remember), I have actual suspicion towards Jplap and I say that because of my thoughts towards him and how he's handled my claims so far.

Zone for asking if we should lynch or not. We always want to lynch someone on Day 1, there is a chance of hitting scum (which would be amazing) and even if we mislynch a townie we get some info to use it on Day 2.
Hey. One time on PB, I was asked to Not Lynch because there was an Even Vigilante.
Plus, I'll mark everyone who votes No Lynch anyways. Just see it as a reaction test.
So you decided to tunnel him on your very first post of this game without even him having posted?
What do you think I am? A saint? Of course I am going to tunnel him immediately! Naturally I will join other topics, but if everyone's target doesn't suit my logic, then I will simply continue tunneling NP.
Yeahhh, this mentality isn’t exactly helpful. With NP’s alignment unconfirmed, this could easily lead to a mislynch if not backed by evidence or actual reads.
1. Just as I said on another forum: "Do you think I care?"
2. My tunneling is bad. Remember the game I just mentioned where NP is town survivor? I changed my tunnel from him to someone else because that person uttered BS on Day 1. Moral of this sentence: I do not stick to my tunnels.
And this is about as much of a coherent argument as it is a rational one for mistrusting NP in this game. (Hint: it’s not one)
Yeah. Figures.
I am not even surprised to be honest.
You do you, I do me.
i dont could you please explain? if someone couldnt read you wouldnt it be better to keep them around?
And let them pocket me like he did before? No way. I have become paranoid of alignments because of NP. No way will I spare that guy.

(I did that when voting for MathBlade last game, I'm sure you remember)
I do not remember... MathBlade, how the heck do I keep forgetting your playstyle?
I have actual suspicion towards Jplap and I say that because of my thoughts towards him and how he's handled my claims so far.
I see. Then all is well.
Day phases will last for 48 hours, except for Day 1 and maybe except for Day 2.
...got it. o7

You asked the questions (which I read as having a negative implication towards both of those things based on the vote); what do you think about those answers?
I think the answers add nothing and are completely irrelevant, to be frank.
I meam.. do you think they are scumbuddies, like I think?
Not really getting the logic behind this tbh.

I don't really know what to think about Zone atm, he almost seems to be trying to play somewhat of a devil's advocate role. Not particularly scummy or townie honestly. My vote still lies on him for now since I think his intent to tunnel NP just fluffs up the thread until he can actually find some reasoning for doing it.

I think it was pretty clear TE and Zone's interactions were jokes, not really seeing the reason for voting TE rn.

No comment on the jplap situation, can't really decide if he's just being silly or is actually scummy atm. But I will say the last time I played with him and he acted like this he flipped scum.

"Do you think I care?"
Thank you for simplifying what I suspected of you. No, it does not look like you care. At best, you’ve rolled Town but are putting your own possibly destructive goal ahead of the win condition. At worst you’re actively trying to hurt the Town.

Hey. One time on PB, I was asked to Not Lynch because there was an Even Vigilante. 2. My tunneling is bad. Remember the game I just mentioned where NP is town survivor? I changed my tunnel from him to someone else because that person uttered BS on Day 1. Moral of this sentence: I do not stick to my tunnels.
That was one game though, we have no confirmation of that this time around (assuming you did back then). As for the second part, that's good to hear I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back